GT4 Demo To Go On Sale

  • Thread starter Thread starter Solid Lifters
  • 83 comments
  • 6,610 views
From the "babelese" translation, it sounds like it will be 3 tracks, 5 cars, and will include a booklet telling you everything about GT4...

I'm interested to see what GameStop's promised demo ends up being...
 
This demo will include Nurburgling, Geroge 5 Paris,Trial Mountain.
Falken GT-R, R34 GT-R, RX-7(FC3S),RX-8,MR2(AW11)
 
I think the guy refering to april is the release in europe or other PAL countries
 
Samberto
ADBAN, how does one obtain the demo?
eBay would probably work well. I don't know if I'd pay for just one demo though, even if it is GT4. I've already got Prologue, and import copies will probably be $10+...
 
I think the demo is a waste of time since it's being released within days of each other. Although, i guess it would be useful for newcomers to GT that didn't get prologue, and don't want to rent or spend too much money on GT4 itself. But your still probably better off just buying the game anyways.
 
A "new" GT4 demo has appeared to have surfaced on the internet ;). I'm currently trying to find more info on it to see if it is the demo mentioned in the original post, or some other demo (possibly stolen TGS demo? :D)

If anyone has access to it, please post more info!
 
Now that its been pushed back I want a demo. I hate the fact that the US never got GT:C or GT4:P. Well I guess its a good thing that I started my GT3 over again about a week ago.
 
spooony
A "new" GT4 demo has appeared to have surfaced on the internet ;). I'm currently trying to find more info on it to see if it is the demo mentioned in the original post, or some other demo (possibly stolen TGS demo? :D)

If anyone has access to it, please post more info!

I just hope it is TGS 2004 demo, not the magazine 3 courses 5 cars demo
so I can test drive the 190E on Nurburgring :dopey:
maybe even try out the photo mode and B-Spec
meanwhile ... maybe VV or some french guy out there can fix the time limit for us (like BMW demo)

I will try to get more info on that too .. haha
 
i think that the april 2005 date is referring to the online relese. but then again, i dont speek jappish
 
As "unethical" as it may be otherwise, I too would like a demo, by any means necessary.

Gamestop still has no information on the demo they mentioned in their ads, and the Toyota demo is just too limited.

Is a modchip required to play a burned game, like a demo? My PS2 can read music CD-Rs, but I've never tried playing an actual game from a burned disc. I suppose if it's a Japanese demo, a modchip would be required, regardless.. unless it's been altered to fool the PS2 into thinking it's a U/C version?
 
Jedi2016
As "unethical" as it may be otherwise, I too would like a demo, by any means necessary.

what's the point of releasing a demo in Japan????? They should release it here for once...
 
Hopefully PS2 magazine will put it on a demo of theres. Or maybe the new JamPack will have it on it.
 
I am sick of PD! fvck them if they don't include the US with any demo or GT prologue, I hope Forza blows GT away and I will switch to XBOX and play Forza which has FERRARI something PD is to inept in getting....I am pissed that we are excluded from everything in the US! now the release is in 2005!
 
:irked: Jesus you kids complain soooooooooooooooooooooooo much! just shut up and deal with it! just cuz you don't get GT over christmas won't kill you. i feel the same way you guys do, especially since thats really one of the only games i play...(Halo, GT......not much else). but come on all this whining and complaining on the boards is so immature. AND STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT FERRARI....IT'S NOT IN SO DEAL WITH IT!!! :)
 
Geez how many times have we gone over this.....omg Ferrari isn't in, stop being childish. If you want to drive one either go spend 100K+ or play PGR2. If PD can't or doesn't want them in, they've got their reasons. EVERYTHING has a reason that it happens.

And as for the release date...sure a 2+ year delay has been discouraging, but the more time they spend on it, the BETTER AND BETTER this game will get. Anyone for a literally "perfect" :) game to play in a month or so?
 
oh, so this is the delay where they make it perfect. What where they doing during the last 16 delays?
 
cudadude2
oh, so this is the delay where they make it perfect. What where they doing during the last 16 delays?


Okay maybe not PERFECT. All I meant was that it's just COMMON SENSE. The more they delayed it, the more time they had to refine it. Now I can't truly say they've been "working" on GT4 since it's supposedly been "finished", but the delays have NO DOUBT allowed them to see things and FIX THEM, thus leading into a REFINED, BETTER game. Do you see what I'm saying?

So....let me rephrase what I said.

Anyone for a *COUGH COUGH* near perfect game in a month or so? :dunce: :dunce:
 
No such thing as a near perfect game. The more they delay it, the more the competition catch up. Same with half life 2, if that came out a year ago, it would have blown my sucks off UTTERLY, as it stands coming out now, it's only utterly fantasic. Tbh now that I kinda know what to expect (bmw demo + loads of stuff) I am a teensy bit let down I guess, they still don't seem to be capturing the raw power of the cars, its all very...sensible. Sad when even the buggy in half life 2 sounds better then then cars in a RACING game.
 
VTGT07
machine translation:

' The place t Shaun ' Vol.9 2004 December 10th number price 880 Yen 2004 November 26th sale < Special supplement > "&#12464;&#12521;&#12531;&#12484;&#12540;&#12522;&#12473;&#12514; 4" you cannot be patient to trial version & sale of super booklet "GT 4! ". The pre- one swift-footed it is in such a &#12450;&#12490;&#12479;and (is too quick?) The Christmas present was prepared. How, in the next issue the trial version which recorded 3 courses 5 models & the special super booklet where everything "of GT 4" is found in the supplement! Of course, it is the pre- only plan.

It's the Japanese Playstation Magazine. Included are the demo(3tracks/5cars) and a booklet that reveals everything on GT4.
 
Human translation (a bit late!)


"I cannot resist until GT4's release date!" . For people like YOU "The Playstation" prepared an early (too early?) christmas present. Guess what, in the next issue there will be three courses and five car models, and will be supplemented a special super booklet which will reveal everything about GT4! Of course , it is a "The Playstation" only plan.


Edit:
Oh, I've seen the machine translated version, it doesn't seem this hand made translation was really necessary :)
 
I got the demo, or atleast a demo,
It is fully in English that I have seen, there are 6 or so cars, and 3 tracks that arent in Prologue, there is no 10 seconds rule but when you crash the screen goes blury for a short time and you can only play for 150 seconds, that is enough to play one lap and a bit more of the track in France, the other 2 tracks is the Nurbu...... and the 3rd track is a track that also was in GT3, cant recall the name now though.
 
ok, i have a few questions.
is there multiplayer in that demo? what about lan play?
can you drive with ai opponents?
 
Nurburing, Geroge 5 Paris,Trial Mountain.
Falken GT-R, R34 GT-R, RX-7(FC3S),RX-8,MR2(AW11).
 
Back