GT4 Glitches & Gremlins

• Thread starter Flattyre
  • 55 comments
I get it on my HD setup and usually when it happens if I check the settings I find that it has decided to revert back to SD and when I change it back again it goes away for a while.

Also its not due to restarting as I know it doesnt save the HD settings.. This happens randomly it seems. I do leave my game on for days at a time so that may be whats causing it.

Check the info of the Suzuka Circuit West Course in Gran Turismo Mode:
It says "|CRSINFOsuzuka_west". (NA version)

I went like ...wtf.

Fred.The.Baddie
Not quite a glitch, but I think it's hilarious that you can chip cars from the 60's. XD

Yea they shoulda had a 'tube' option for the older cars heh. But really my old Nova(yes i am pissed they are not in the game but at least the Camaro is) didn’t even have electronic ignition let alone a chippable anything unless you count the old Doritos under the seat.

nova3.jpg

The Golf V GTi has no 5th gear ! Shift out of 4th and the gear indicator shows #5 but nothing happens. Shift into 6th and it's like being in 5th , not a big jump in ratio. In the setup screen , it shows the car as being a 5 speed....?!
Not a big problem , just have to remember to double click the gear shifter going up from 4th or coming down from 6th.

Doing the Elise cup the other night in A spec , my car overtook the car in front during the rolling start at Autumn Ring , giving me 5th position at the start of the race ! Nice glitch , that one !

Well I've never had the screen shake thing, but what I have noticed is on replays of Sarthe (I or II) on the straight, roughly halfway along, sometimes the trackside camera will look back along the straight at you coming toward it, yet there will be this big gray wall of nothing rising vertically out of the ground. No car, then after a moment your car comes bounding through this big gray wall.

Nothing serious, and it doesn't do it every time, but makes the replays look a little funny. Anyone else experience this?

Flattyre
I've noticed a couple of odd things in GT4 (I've no experience with GT1-3 so forgive me if this is well documented),

-like many people I B-Spec the German Touring Car championship for the money. It's a chore that I do at x3 speed while getting dressed in the morning, there's no excitement as the tuned Opel Astra usually gets first place in every race and never less than second. Until one time I came into the room to find I'd finished fifth at the Paris Opera. I've no explanation what went wrong.
that is because sometimes you put the speed to high and then the car spins on the corner and takes a bit of time to turn around again

is it just me or does the evo 7 GT-a never release boost pressure? i got it doing 7.9-second 1/4 mile passes becuase there seemed to be no speed loss during gear changes it was strange....and REALLY fast

foto_choppa
is it just me or does the evo 7 GT-a never release boost pressure? i got it doing 7.9-second 1/4 mile passes becuase there seemed to be no speed loss during gear changes it was strange....and REALLY fast
maybe theres no speed loss because of its auto transmission. try it in another auto tranny car and see if the same thing happens.

Kouki_AE86
I smell "another" complain thread about GT4... wah wah wah! (cry babies) like Mustang-man said:

Hey there ppl! :) im a new guy around here, but from my experience it seems ALL forums must have someone like that, its like a virus, if your on a game board, theres allways someone on it that hate the game, and likewise on music forums etc... :yuck: :D :P no offense, i respect everybodys opinions and all that :D take care (and must i say, drive safely :P )

My one big complaint is the screwed up control settings on the DS2. If you are like me, and like to set up the controls sort of like an RC car (where some of us started with "driving simulations") with the throttle on the left stick and the steering on the right, you're sort of screwed in GT4. Unlike GT1-3, you can't actually set up the controls to behave this way - the right stick always controls throttle, overriding throttle inputs from the left stick. REALLY annoying (when you are breaking hard, start to turn, and you move the right stick slightly forward or back killing your braking), and something that should have been caught early in playtesting. Doesn't ruin the fun, though - I just run smack into the walls every so often 'cause my brakes go away.

^8 year bump... :eek:

On topic: Cote d' Azur breakout glitch.

That's gotta be some kind of record right?

You referring to this GT5Power?

Jerome

Party like it's 2005!

GT4 is the most complete of all the games in the franchise. There aren't many serious glitches, and the unused assets seem to have all been removed. Which is disappointing, because the hackers in the GT1, GT2, and GT3 forums have dug up some really interesting stuff over the years. Even recently, they're still finding all sorts of crazy things.

yeah, it's amazing what they've only just found after all this time. over a decade too. i'm sure you've heard of using the favourite menu in arcade mode to get special colours and use cars on dirt you can't normally.

yeah, it's amazing what they've only just found after all this time. over a decade too. i'm sure you've heard of using the favourite menu in arcade mode to get special colours and use cars on dirt you can't normally.

Yes, that is a cool glitch. The race cars on dirt in arcade mode. I found out about it on here somewhere.

I actually didn't until just recently. I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet. With the color change glitch, how exactly does that work? If I have a red Viper and a purple Impreza, I'm assuming it lets me change the Viper to purple. But if I have a race car can I still change the color?

no, it displays the little squares of the previous car's colour but still uses the colours the car is meant to have. if the car before has more colours this allows you to have extra selections after the normal colours. this lets you select special colours after the normal ones and after that it stays the same as the last colour you picked but the name says BMW 130i '04 or something. no idea why, it might be like the mira being the placeholder car in gt3 or the 156 coming up as the owner file for generic parts in gt3gedit sometimes.

I actually found this myself, but never thought of using favourites to do it, i used the regular menu, and had no idea it could be used to drive off road.

Yeah I just found a video of it, now I understand. I always wanted one of those black LMP's so this is pretty cool!

Back