GT4 Graphics

• Thread starter Johnar726
  • 17 comments
England
Kent
ralphy0502
Jar Jar Binks l
I understand that gt4 graphics are good, but mine are terrible, I can barely see down the track. I'm playing it on ps2 attached to a 40" tv, is it because the ps2 can't handle a tv that size?

Depends on the cabling you're using to connect the PS2 to the TV. If you're using composite it'll be pretty bad. If you're using component it'll be decent. If you're using S-video it'll be somewhere in between.

To answer the specific question, GT4 works fine on my 40" Samsung. Having said that, though, it worked better on an old 32" CRT TV I used to have.

Depends on the cabling you're using to connect the PS2 to the TV. If you're using composite it'll be pretty bad. If you're using component it'll be decent. If you're using S-video it'll be somewhere in between.

To answer the specific question, GT4 works fine on my 40" Samsung. Having said that, though, it worked better on an old 32" CRT TV I used to have.

Ah okay, i need a component cable, when can i get one? Im currently using composite as thats all the ps2 came with

GT4 looked horrible on my 42'' LG with composite cable. Although, that changed ever since I hooked up my PS2 to my 32'' flatscreen with the same setup; the games are now looking miles better.

Either way, I'd also suggest you to invest in a component cable. They're cheap as well.

I have just ordered a component cable, thanks guys. Im only playing GT3 4 to complete the licenses so i can say i have Golded every license in every GT game :-)

I have just ordered a component cable, thanks guys. Im only playing GT3 4 to complete the licenses so i can say i have Golded every license in every GT game :-)
No problem, glad to help. As far as golding the license tests are concerned, have fun...:D

Petrolhead1
No problem, glad to help. As far as golding the license tests are concerned, have fun...:D

Haha thanks :-). I can't work out if I'm just not used to GT4 or the tests are Mich harder than GT5s. .. lol

This game was pretty much intended to run on CRT televisions.

I play this game on a 1980 Toshiba and I barely see any pixelation. It's not sharp like HDTVs but it still looks good.

The GT5 licenses, particularly at the higher levels, are more about memorizing the AI traffic patterns than they are a test of driving skill and don't really teach you anything that's applicable outside that particular test. The GT4 license tests, on the other hand, generally teach you valuable driving skills.

Anyway, hopefully you'll have a much more enjoyable experience with the component cable. Don't forget to set the video mode to 1080i. Unfortunately that has to be done every time the game starts up, it won't save in any settings. That's for a good reason, actually, but nevertheless it's a bit of a pain.

BobK
The GT5 licenses, particularly at the higher levels, are more about memorizing the AI traffic patterns than they are a test of driving skill and don't really teach you anything that's applicable outside that particular test. The GT4 license tests, on the other hand, generally teach you valuable driving skills.

Anyway, hopefully you'll have a much more enjoyable experience with the component cable. Don't forget to set the video mode to 1080i. Unfortunately that has to be done every time the game starts up, it won't save in any settings. That's for a good reason, actually, but nevertheless it's a bit of a pain.

Yea I have noticed that GT4 licenses are much more througher than GT5, I've folded national A, only took about 3hours total time.

The ps2 supports 1080i?

drivatar
In the settings of GT4 but it isn't available in the PAL version.

Really? I have PAL version. Dam, oh well any quality is better than what I have at the mo, the component cable I have coming must be better atleast

Back