gt4 hands on preview

  • Thread starter Thread starter cobragt
  • 48 comments
  • 3,248 views
as long as they look like the cars in the GT4 DEMO i will be happy ;)
 
Traction control cannot be disabled!!!!!!!!!!:grumpy: someone pleased crack this next year:)
 
the new G-force meter to give you an excellent indication of the forces at work on your car. Speaking of which, there are some wicked rumble strips in the tighter courses that will yank the wheel almost out of your hands at times.
That quote makes me want to buy a wheel really bad!!! :dopey:
 
"Preview by M (16 December 2004)"

They didn't play the full game, but probably one of the past public demos which were limited in various aspects.
 
SHIRAKAWA Akira
"Preview by M (16 December 2004)"

They didn't play the full game, but probably one of the past public demos which were limited in various aspects.

Over 500 Cars? Please. From what the popular opinion is we're looking at 650-800. Either playing it safe or Gameplanet's using outdated information.
 
"and the proliferation of morons in games like V8 Supercars 2"
I wonder who they are?
Anyway it is certainly a similar demo to the one that has been doing the rounds recently in Japan/Hong Kong. I must say the idea that the "cars being lower detailed" seems a little odd. Maybe it's the reflections? Maybe he's talking nonsense...
 
Good grief you could turn off TCS in GT3 and can't in GT4. That's a real downer for those who like sim handling :grumpy:
 
Caligula1
Good grief you could turn off TCS in GT3 and can't in GT4. That's a real downer for those who like sim handling :grumpy:
Of course you could turn it off in GT3, and I'm sure you will be able to do so in GT4. Any drift contest would be pretty pointless if you couldn't.

Cheers,
the Interceptor
 
Caligula1
Says in that preview that you can't :confused:
I know it does, but noone knows if they really had their hands on the final version, and there's so much false information on GT4 that I wouldn't believe anything unless it's been announced officially.

I can only repeat myself: wait those few days until the first version arrives, then we'll know more.

Cheers,
the Interceptor
 
That was a plain jane run of the mill preview and not of the final game.
 
In the Toyota Demo you could turn off the tranction control. Odd.
 
Yet, but toyota demo was the same build as the Prologue, leter we had BMW demo and the one from the Japanese PS2 magazine. These one were pretty limited and so TCS could not be turned off. In the latest build from AGS TCS is fully switchable ;)
 
the Interceptor
I know it does, but noone knows if they really had their hands on the final version, and there's so much false information on GT4 that I wouldn't believe anything unless it's been announced officially.

I can only repeat myself: wait those few days until the first version arrives, then we'll know more.

Cheers,
the Interceptor


You say that but below is a quote from the site
"Gameplanet is proud to be the first organisation outside of Polyphony Digital and Sony to play the full version of Gran Turismo 4, albeit in Japanese."

Which means they have got the full version... however they seem to be talking a load of rubbish - e.g

"but it's worth emphasising that driving GT4 is, for the first time, a natural, predictable and very satisfying Gran Turismo experience."

AND:

"The tracks in GT4 are not as smooth as previous games and this is really emphasised by the shaking of the car chassis and extra details in the force feedback."


so what they are basically saying is GT1, GT2 and GT3 were not natural and satisfying gaming experience? What utter rubbish - these people dont know what there talking about - ill wait till the official Japenese release date to get a proper conclusive review.

👍
 
How is it they say the car detail has gone down, but you can clearly see from the screenshots the detail has improved greatly. That was a pretty ridiculous review if you ask me. Doesn't leave me longing for anything anymore than before. :-(
 
jake11375
How is it they say the car detail has gone down, but you can clearly see from the screenshots the detail has improved greatly. That was a pretty ridiculous review if you ask me. Doesn't leave me longing for anything anymore than before. :-(


Agree.

From reading the review it's full of unconstructive criticism its ridicolous, it just makes youw wonder if this review was done by someone who severly dislikes racing games - because someone who does wouldn't be saying half the stuff they did.

👍
 
My summary of that preview:

-Consoles suck

-Gran Turismo 1, 2, and 3 suck

-Gran Turismo 4 is barely passable

-GT4's graphics suck

-He'd rather play a game with slightly better physics and only 1 or 2 cars.

-Collecting cars, learning the course layouts, and tweaking your cars are unimportant, boring parts of the game.

-Did I mention consoles suck?

edit: When I turned off TCS globally in the options menu in GT3 it never worked anyway. (Did it only work in Arcade mode?) To remove TCS and ASM, I always had to do it manually for each car.
 
Jows73
You say that (they didn't play the final GT4) but below is a quote from the site
"Gameplanet is proud to be the first organisation outside of Polyphony Digital and Sony to play the full version of Gran Turismo 4, albeit in Japanese."
I know, I read the article, but I think they were just mistaken. There's so much bull**** in that article that I don't see any reason to belive this one bit.

Cheers,
the Interceptor
 
the Interceptor
I know, I read the atricle, but I think they were just mistaken. There's so much bull**** in that article that I don't see any reason to belive this one bit.

Cheers,
the Interceptor

Yeah I know what you mean. I don't think ive heard so much bull$%*$ in my life let alone in one article.

But on a serious not I dont really believe much of it - and has even made me more excited for the release.

👍
 
Total BS there is no way Kaz would not allow ppl to turn of TCS. I think the guy was such a idiot he actually thought he was playing the real deal when he was just playing the demo. So full of him self he made the announcement that he is one of the first to play the full version of GT4.
 
If you remember reading in a IGN preview about a guy who got to race against Kaz, the first thing Kaz did was turn off TCS.
 
I think a bunch of you guys are going overboard with this preview of the "final build". There's no way in hell Traction Control would be stuck in the ON position. Like someone stated earlier drift would be useless aswell as drag racing. Plus half the reason that makes car physics in real life real is the sliding part; whether it be understeer, oversteer, or any other lack of traction. Hearing these guys say you can't turn it off sounds like complete BS to me. Either they don't have the final build or they're idiots and couldn't find the option.
 
sounds like they had about an hour playing it, probably a demo preview version and they probably couldnt find the TCS setting in the tuning shop, being it was the japanese version.
 
This preview was with the demo from AGS, I think. And here's my clue:

While our recent visit to Sony Computer Entertainment New Zealand was short, our hands-on trials include an exclusive demo from Japan where we got to experiment a little more with the game's features.

This proves they had a demo, not the final game. And anyway, I wouldn't trust them, they seem to talk rubbish.

See ya :sly:
 
newbielives
Total BS there is no way Kaz would not allow ppl to turn of TCS. I think the guy was such a idiot he actually thought he was playing the real deal when he was just playing the demo. So full of him self he made the announcement that he is one of the first to play the full version of GT4.
Remember the Time trials in GT 3?
Given Car/Track combo, everyone in the world could choose if they like to use ASM or TCS or turn it completely off.
Except for those having the NTSC-US version, they had to drive with ASM & TCS on all the time.

What does really scare me is the trust people put on PD.
The Calibra is still spelt wrong, their Quality Assurance makes me think people reading the menues and car description have no clue about the comlete matter and there will be several other minor mistakes in the game.

Having said that i admit i can´t wait to get it in my hands, and a week can be very long, next week that is.
 
Flinx
Remember the Time trials in GT 3?
Given Car/Track combo, everyone in the world could choose if they like to use ASM or TCS or turn it completely off.
Except for those having the NTSC-US version, they had to drive with ASM & TCS on all the time.

What does really scare me is the trust people put on PD.
The Calibra is still spelt wrong, their Quality Assurance makes me think people reading the menues and car description have no clue about the comlete matter and there will be several other minor mistakes in the game.

Having said that i admit i can´t wait to get it in my hands, and a week can be very long, next week that is.
I'll plan to start a Dedicated thread on glitches, bugs and mistakes or errors once it is released next week 👍 💡 👎
 
Lambo88
This preview was with the demo from AGS, I think. And here's my clue:



This proves they had a demo, not the final game. And anyway, I wouldn't trust them, they seem to talk rubbish.

See ya :sly:

Pretty retarded of them, I'd say. What the hell is Game Planet, anyways? Never heard of them... :lol:
 
Totally fake "preview" :yuck: , they know people are thriving for information, so they wrote up an article to get some hits on their website!.....just wait for the game everyone :sly: , only a few days left. We won't be dissapointed, I am sure of it! :)
 
Back