GT4, how money stored

• Thread starter sucahyo
  • 12 comments
anyone know how the credit are stored in memory, I try to search to no avail, and because I use emulator, ARMAX code is useless.

Please, do tell. What kind of PS2 emulator could possibly play GT4 at an acceptable frame rate? It would require a serious gaming computer with an SLi configuration and lots of power all around. It is a multi-thread game after all. Not to mention I havn't found a single emu that could get past the start screen.

And what kind of emulator doesn't have a GS/AR entry thingamajigger? just because it doesn't support ARMAX doesn't mean you can't convert the code to an acceptable format.

sucahyo
anyone know how the credit are stored in memory, I try to search to no avail, and because I use emulator, ARMAX code is useless.

i have pcsx 2 0.9 but it goes at about 0.11 frames per second when doing something with the memory card, eg loading, saving etc but other times it plays fine but with thousands of bugs and glitches and totally freezing when giong to the main map in gt mode and freezing when going to a race an arcade mode but gets right up to the race menu but freezes when you try to start a race

what emulator have you got and does it play gt4 perfectly?

I use pcsx2, in 2GHz PC. I don't really need good speed, what I need is playing around hybriding GT4, The main problem for this is I need money. I can't find it even with many attempt to hack it. compare to that rising the car height to 2 meter is very very easy.

I am able to play GT4 straight through entering the race in B-Spec Mode (since playing it in A-Spec would be impossible with 1 frame per second). It crash on race some times, but I manage to finish some race with it (6 position though, no money :().

I don't know how to convert game save from .max or anything to the format that supported by pcsx2.

I don't know how to convert the ARMAX code, so please help if anyone can decode the armax code.

what I need is what value that should be stored on what address.

yeah, but my gt4 wont play fully and i can't get into gt mode anyway, im eagerly waiting for the next release of pcsx 2:nervous: in hope that gt4 will be fully playable cause i dont have the software to get hacking onto my ps2

isn't current release of pcsx2 is version 0.9? which I can't play because no software render plugin available :(.

I am using pcsx29-050810-nosse-no3dnow.exe or pcsx29-0907.exe
it works with DVD5 GT4

in case you wondering, finding DVD9 GT4 is much harder in here.

sucahyo
isn't current release of pcsx2 is version 0.9? which I can't play because no software render plugin available :(.

which one is that? dev9? cause i've got all the plugins

sucahyo
I am using pcsx29-050810-nosse-no3dnow.exe or pcsx29-0907.exe
it works with DVD5 GT4

in case you wondering, finding DVD9 GT4 is much harder in here.

what does that mean?

edit: by the way sucahyo, do you know how to put the cbs, sps, xps, ect into a ps2 memory card on the computer so i can use it on an emulator, cause i need that for gt3, ive got millions of downloaded game saves for gt3 and i can't use them

okay, i think you can do it this way, i haven't sucessfully done it yet, with a hex editor, such as winhex or cygnus, write down or memorise how much money you've got, then type that in on windows calculator, then press the button that says hex, it will convert it to hex.

heres an example with $99 999 999

then convert it to hex by pushing the hex button

then, open the memory card in a hex editor, i use cygnus,

i could be wrong about this part, but i think you reverse the numbers in pairs

so it's 5F5E0FF that's an odd value so you put a 0 at the start so it's 05 F5 E0 FF then reverse it so it's FF E0 F5 05 and search for that in the hex editor if you find several, it could be any of them, but i think that important values like money are usually around tons of 0s.

no pic for now, can't be bothred

if theres only one and you've done everything correctly it should work

save it and open the emulator and see what happens

hope this helps

/\ /\
'
\____/​

ciao:tup:​

Back