GT4 LAN Gameplay Details

Tenacious-K
I have seen threads in this forum that discusses the LAN gameplay in GT4, but so far I haven't found any that are specific to issues and details during actual gameplay. I used to get together with my friends every week for GT3 i-link races with 4 to 5 people, and now we have started playing GT4 through LAN.

So far here are the facts of our last setup :
- All using GT4 Asian version (Chinese, with English car names)
- 2 PS2s with network adapters, and 1 PSTwo (built-in network adapter)
- Linksys WRT54G broadband router as the hub

We all had about 30% of the game completed in each, but all tracks are open if we were to be looking at the 1 player Arcade mode track selection screen.

My main complaint :
HOWEVER, once we were in LAN mode, there is only a limited selection of tracks (about 6 or 7 if I remember correctly). The mixed tracks were not even grouped (as in the 1 player arcade mode screen; into open circuit, city tracks, & so on).
Anybody know why this is so? The only thing I can think of is that our games were only 30% completed, BUT I doubt it, coz I tried playing 2 player split screen and ALL the tracks are available! Anyone here completed 100% and tried LAN play?

Another annoying thing is that they limit the car selection to about 30 cars (prioritizing the ones we selected as our favorites). Lastly, once we are in LAN mode (connected), there is no way back into the main menu without rebooting your PS2s! So, if we want to change those 30 cars from our LAN favorites, we all have to reboot, change the favorite selection, save, and then connect again, which takes so much time.

Other technical issues :
I have tested the LAN settings over and over and found that these settings below result in the least lag (YES, I said LAG! Coz the game stutters! Then again, it may be my router settings, but it doubt it coz I play other games + other consoles using the same network hardware).

These are the best settings : (stutter almost unnoticable)
Host network load : normal (the low one)
PS2 network adapter setting : 10baseT Full Duplex

If we use the 100baseT full duplex, we don't connect at all.
If the host uses the LARGE network load setting, the game stutters so bad that it becomes unplayable.

If anyone out there has any comments, advice, or input please do help. Thank you.

My mate and I tryed and we had the same problem. This smiley describes exactly what we felt like>:banghead:

It seems a lot of people are having this problem.

Cheers

T4 GTR

T4 GTR
My mate and I tryed and we had the same problem. This smiley describes exactly what we felt like>:banghead:

It seems a lot of people are having this problem.

Cheers

T4 GTR
Nobody should be having LAN set-up problems now.
Use the link to the new GT4 manual, above in message #29, and try again.

Cheers,

MasterGT

I had to revive this old thread because I have a big problem.

At last I've got my HDMI DVI-D cables but I can't play. I don't know how to setup a connection between the 3 ps3'3. How to play surround (visual) with GT4. 3 ps, 3 GT4 copies and 3 screen setup

There are several possibilities to connect the ps3's (hardware)

* I've got a linksys router which is connected with a linksys switch.

* I can connect the ps3'3 with the router but this way it will cost me another router, so I don't prefer this setup.

* I can connect the ps3's with the switch.

I don't know how to setup a link between the ps3's in the LAN setup of GT4. Do I need to set the IP addresses to "automatically"? Or do I need to set the IP addressed manual?

What about the player name, the machine name etc...

Is there someone who can explain to me what to do, step by step?

I read through 4 old threads concerning GT4 LAn setup but I can't find the right answer.

:)

EDIT: I DID IT! Nevermind this post. It's working.

Nobody should be having LAN set-up problems now.
Use the link to the new GT4 manual, above in message #29, and try again.

Cheers,

MasterGT

I know this is an sooo outdated question... but I just have my second PS2 & still have problems. I have done every steps to configure the LAN. But everytime I choose "Multi-LAN Race", the screen enters the 'waiting mode' with that circling clock and nothing happened. Any suggestion?

Make sure the two are connected by an ethernet crossover cable, not an ethernet patch cable.

i use patch cable because i connect those two players with a switch hub... and it works fine with the other game... any more suggestion?

Hi,

I prefer to write here than opening a new thread.

In Arcade (and thus LAN) we can set tire wear to mild or fast.

In GT mode, in endurance races, which setting is being used ?

I guess Mild? Since Fast seems to be less of the "long endurance races" ish and more of the 24 Minute thing from GT6.

Also, Lan race you say? Do you use xlink or something?

Latest Posts

Back