GT4 Master Car List

• Thread starter The359
  • 3,483 comments
New cars have been announced for the PAL version of GT4. Here is the article...

Released across Japan on December 28th 2004, the series popularity throughout Europe hasn’t gone unnoticed, as today SCEE confirmed the inclusion of 10 additional vehicles for the European version; these include the stunning new Alfa Romeo GT, the Audi Nuvolari Quattro, the award-winning modified HPA Motorsports Golf IV R32, the Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline Race Car, the controversial Chaparral 2J Race Car and the 1993 Le Mans winning Peugeot 905.

Below are two pics of the Chaparral 2J. Notice it has no rear spoiler, and has two fans on the flat rear of the car. Those are two snow mobile engine driven fans that suck the car to the road. Creates something like 1500lbs. of downforce. I hope we get this weird looking car.

2Jp3.jpeg

2Jp1.jpeg

Here's the Peugeot 905.

Le_Mans-1993-06-20-001.jpg

Wow Solid, that's a real race car!? It looks like it has two clothes dryers attached to the back of it. :)

That article only mentioned six of the ten additions, I guess we're going to have to wait for the release to find out what the other four are. I can’t wait to find out what they are, I’m hoping at least one will be the Jaguar XJR9 LM!

ALPHA
Wow Solid, that's a real race car!? It looks like it has two clothes dryers attached to the back of it. :)

That article only mentioned six of the ten additions, I guess we're going to have to wait for the release to find out what the other four are. I can’t wait to find out what they are, I’m hoping at least one will be the Jaguar XJR9 LM!
I would love to see the XJ13. I love how that thing looks. It wasn't a great performer, so I've heard, but who cares. I also wouldn't mind a XK SS.

But the Silk Car is a given. It has to be in GT4.

Ryosuke_Gumna
They still forgot to put many american cars..

They did not forget, they chose not to include, there is a big difference...

TO Dr. Bojangles, If you got an email it is likely that you will have had the same thign as me, it sounds like it, though if you chose not to let people send you emails, maybe you would not have received one.

Was AE86 driver's post really edited by a mod, because if so, that mod can't spell.

TO Solid lifters, that fan car would be rather odd to drive, but i'd like to see how that handled gievn the effect of all that downforce...

How in the blue hell does one gain the Supra RZ (simulation mode, not arcade)?! New or used; I'm really lost with it here. Also, does anyone know if the Shelby GT Cobra 500.....is it THERE?!

Thanks guys. BTW, how do I change my screen name on here. I've gotten nowhere with this so far. Someone send me a PM 'er somethin'.

Thanx :ouch:

Shen Yin
How in the blue hell does one gain the Supra RZ (simulation mode, not arcade)?! New or used; I'm really lost with it here. Also, does anyone know if the Shelby GT Cobra 500.....is it THERE?!

Thanks guys. BTW, how do I change my screen name on here. I've gotten nowhere with this so far. Someone send me a PM 'er somethin'.

Thanx :ouch:

As far as I was aware only the GT350 was in GT4, but i haven't checkeds the list recently...

To my knowledge it is not possible to change your screen name, at least not without a diamond membershop. Does it really bother you that much?

Polyphony001
TO Solid lifters, that fan car would be rather odd to drive, but i'd like to see how that handled gievn the effect of all that downforce...

It handled great. It stuck to the course like glue, so I've read.

ALPHA
Yes, it's real. The damn thing got banned right away because it sucked debris off the track and shot it out the back and sides. Other drivers were complaining they were getting hit by by flying rocks! :lol:

Yeah, definately missed those two. Although I had the Elise Type-72 on the list before but removed it because it hadn't been in the Used or New car lots...

The359
Yeah, definately missed those two. Although I had the Elise Type-72 on the list before but removed it because it hadn't been in the Used or New car lots...

Hmmm, always room for improvement, eh?
It seems like this car list has been your whole GTplanet life, i've not seen any posts of yours around other than in this thread, but maybe i should look harder...

Polyphony001
Hmmm, always room for improvement, eh?
It seems like this car list has been your whole GTplanet life, i've not seen any posts of yours around other than in this thread, but maybe i should look harder...

I post quite a lot in the car forums...

"How in the blue hell does one gain the Supra RZ (simulation mode, not arcade)?! New or used; I'm really lost with it here. Also, does anyone know if the Shelby GT Cobra 500.....is it THERE?!"

The Supra RZ as well as the SZ/R can be found in the used car lot at the bottom of the screen. I think it's called used car lot B or something.

Bilgewater
"How in the blue hell does one gain the Supra RZ (simulation mode, not arcade)?! New or used; I'm really lost with it here. Also, does anyone know if the Shelby GT Cobra 500.....is it THERE?!"

The Supra RZ as well as the SZ/R can be found in the used car lot at the bottom of the screen. I think it's called used car lot B or something.

Tip, Bluewater: At the bottom right of each post, is an icon with speech marks. Use this to quote, it looks much more professional. Plus, you need not type out all of what they've said, itll all be there!

To The359, i expected as much, but i'm not a great user of the GT forums that much any more, that is, until GT4 comes out, then i'll make more of an appearance.

personally i think there are to many japanese cars in the game. i know the company is based there but still its very lopsided. it needs to be evened out. hopefully they will in the next one. that would be nice. for the next one though dont take anything out. just add more.

why is there no lexus?
i know there's lexus type cars
altezza, aristo, soarer (is that it?)
japan will start this coming fall (i think) to sell the lexus name
the lineup will be similar to ours
maybe the US version gets some lexus vehicles??
acura and infiniti are in the game
why did they single out lexus??

SirWaWa
why is there no lexus?
i know there's lexus type cars
altezza, aristo, soarer (is that it?)
japan will start this coming fall (i think) to sell the lexus name
the lineup will be similar to ours
maybe the US version gets some lexus vehicles??
acura and infiniti are in the game
why did they single out lexus??

Part of the NTSC and PAL conversion, is renaming and retexturing the Toyotas that are sold as Lexus in the corresponding markets. When the359 finally unleashes the corresponding car lists, you'll most likely find Lexus on those.

As for no Lexus in the japanese version, Lexus wasn't present in Japan upon the launch of GT4. That I believe is enough reason for PD not to have Lexus in GT4.

loki993
personally i think there are to many japanese cars in the game. i know the company is based there but still its very lopsided. it needs to be evened out. hopefully they will in the next one. that would be nice. for the next one though dont take anything out. just add more.
If you don't mind me saying that is the textbook newbie post. Your opinion is shared, but nothing will change, most of us have learnt that, and we therefore need not discuss it. And now you know it too, and therefore you need not discuss it any more! :) :)

To mrniceguy24716 or whatever that number is, i appreciate your greeting, and this time i think you DID pick the right forum for that! a few months back and you would be flamed like hell. Thankfully this thread has kind of lost its way since.
Indeed, as of yet there is no lexus in japan to my knowldedge so all the lexuses we know are toyotas there, since lexus=toyota in a rough sense. The lexus models will be renamed accordingly for our version. So i wouldn't call the RS, GS and SC no lexus cars would you?

Polyphony001
To mrniceguy24716 or whatever that number is, i appreciate your greeting, and this time i think you DID pick the right forum for that! a few months back and you would be flamed like hell.

A polite greeting makes a nice change. I like this mrniceguy20716.:)

ultrabeat
A polite greeting makes a nice change. I like this mrniceguy20716.:)

Yep! I would have thought the name would give you a clue!! :)
But surely you see my point about how high on the spectrum this thread was a little while ago, and then there were those wishing people... Oh, god am i glad thats over, that was just what made a ticked-off me become near-sucidial at the end of the day. Still, now i'm hapy again, only 54 days until GT4, i hope!

Check the first post in this thread:)
If it's in the game, it should be there:)

Please check the list before asking:)

bramvanuytven
i hear that there would be a citroen saxo en a citroen bx in the game
is that true???
Hope this will help you ;)

CITROËN (6 - 3 - 1)
2CV Type-A ('54)
BX GTi
C3 1.6i ('02)
C5 V6 Exclusive ('03)
CX
GS
Saxo Super 1600
Xantia 3.0i V6 Exclusive ('00)
Xsara Rally Car ('99)
Xsara VTR ('03)

Cosmic
Hope this will help you ;)

CITROËN (6 - 3 - 1)
2CV Type-A ('54)
BX GTi
C3 1.6i ('02)
C5 V6 Exclusive ('03)
CX
GS
Saxo Super 1600
Xantia 3.0i V6 Exclusive ('00)
Xsara Rally Car ('99)
Xsara VTR ('03)

No it will not. this is the guesstimate list.

The "official" list gives the following citroens:

Citroën 2CV Type-A ('54) N -- FF 12 3.10 41.25 --
Citroën C3 1.6i ('02) N 1,813,000 FF 110 15.30 9.66 17.51
Citroën C5 V6 Exclusive ('03) N 4,283,000 FF 210 30.00 7.33 31.39
Citroën Xantia 3.0i V6 Exclusive ('00) N 3,037,000 FF 197 27.20 7.59 23.05
Citroën Xsara Rally Car ('99) N 75,000,000 FF 299 25.50 3.21 240.75
Citroën Xsara VTR ('03) N 2,185,000 FF 108 15.00 10.93 23.88

N=New U=used 2,185,000 is the credits price (presumably yen), thats followed by drivetrain, metric horsepower (PS, thats about 0.97hp per PS), torque (kgf.m) kg/ps ptw ratio and finally a tab called "value". Not sure what that means.

SO to answer your question i doubt the BX GTi or saxo will be in the game. Sorry!

Back