GT4 Master Car List

• Thread starter The359
  • 3,483 comments
Originally posted by The Vanishing Boy
Oh well, it will be one of the biggest suprises when GT4 comes out by the end of the year.

=crosses fingers=
If it takes that long to hit the shelves then the game will be a dead duck because no one will be interested. The PS2 is already a tired console, with more recent arrivals easily outperforming it. A game such as this needed releasing a year ago :(

that's the infamous fake car list.

i would only take cars seen in the recent E3 screenshots as definitely being in, and adding anything from prologue as most likely. Cars from Concept would maybe be probable, and then with diminishing expectations from GT3 down.

Originally posted by phantasm
that's the infamous fake car list.

i would only take cars seen in the recent E3 screenshots as definitely being in, and adding anything from prologue as most likely. Cars from Concept would maybe be probable, and then with diminishing expectations from GT3 down.

hi,

you said no lamborghini for this rumor ( http://boards.ign.com/Gran_Turismo/b5208/37486147/p23/ "According to sources close to the project, EA bought up the Lamborghini license to kill it. EA wanted to have the exclusive game for driving a Lamborghini in the Need for Speed series and bought out the competition.") or there is something official released by Polyphony Digital?

wasn't me... i don't post @ ign.

lambo has not been confirmed, denied, or mentioned by anyone at PD or Sony in relation to GT4.

They haven't been sighted at any testing days, whereas Ferrari and Porsche have, but it's still questionable as to whether or not they are in (although there's a lot more evidence to support the yes verdict now).

Originally posted by phantasm
wasn't me... i don't post @ ign.

lambo has not been confirmed, denied, or mentioned by anyone at PD or Sony in relation to GT4.

They haven't been sighted at any testing days, whereas Ferrari and Porsche have, but it's still questionable as to whether or not they are in (although there's a lot more evidence to support the yes verdict now).

oh, thanks, i understard.

Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T ???

Its pissing me off when see: Skyline R32 GTS-T in the carlists
and not seeing R33 GTS-T.

All the models R32,R33,R34 come in a GTR version and its confirmed.

Gran Turismo 2 had a R33 GTST in Used car section.

I read that GT4 will have some classic car sections and also USED CARS on IGn website. So if anyone ever see a SKYLINE R33 GTS-T. plz PM ME!!!

Just watching the "Making of GT4" DVD that came with Prologue and noticed two cars being tested that aren't on the list: one is the Ariel Atom and the second is a Austin (or possibly, Morris) Mini Cooper S Mk II from roughly 1967-70

Bugger... I noticed the Ariel Atom and then couldn't remember seeing that on the list... but then I completely forgot about it!!

I thought I saw the Old Skool Mini on the list though?

C.

PS However I also remember seeing a really old school Citroen in there too... I can't remember the model name of it but it was the one with turning headlights and was way ahead of it's time when it was made. (From the 80's)

Also there are screenshots of the really old skool Porsche Speedster... Does this not hint towards Porsche being in the game?

C.

Yeti, do you mean the blue car that sometimes appears in the header of this site?

If so, that is an Alpine (Renault) A110 1600S ('73). There are 3 pictures I've seen of it in GT4, and in one of them you can read the word Alpine, I think it's the New York picture.

For obvious reasons, I hope that's not the one you mean. ;) :)

yeti
Also there are screenshots of the really old skool Porsche Speedster... Does this not hint towards Porsche being in the game?

C.
No. It doesn't

redhed17
Yeti, do you mean the blue car that sometimes appears in the header of this site?

If so, that is an Alpine (Renault) A110 1600S ('73). There are 3 pictures I've seen of it in GT4, and in one of them you can read the word Alpine, I think it's the New York picture.

For obvious reasons, I hope that's not the one you mean. ;) :)

Hmmm... Bugger...

I'll... get my coat!

C.

I think it's a bit premature to be claiming that Ferrari and Porsche are in the game. Having Sony employees driving around on a driver training day in them is very different to licensing their use.

Have there been any photos of those marques being photographed/sampled at a those official photo sessions that were held? That would be more reassuring.

Wasn't there a recent interview at E3 where Mr GT said that neither Porsche nor Ferrari would be in GT4?.

Don't forget that these Ferrari and Porsche are just
Polyphony's staffs car.
There was bunch of reports and photos of "Training day" in japan,
but no announce for ferrari.
If ferrari's are in the game, Japanese media will be more.....
Polyhony didn't tested ferrari,and Kazunori said
"THERE IS NO ITALIAN EXOTICS THIS TIME"

I think foreign countries media made a hasty judgment.

New car for GT4.
NISSAN FALKEN GT-R(R34)
I saw it in game magazine today.
This car will participate in Nurburgring 24hour Enfurance 2004.

http://www.falken2.jp/m_sports/oversea_etc/nur/index.html

ADBAN
Don't forget that these Ferrari and Porsche are just
Polyphony's staffs car.
There was bunch of reports and photos of "Training day" in japan,
but no announce for ferrari.
If ferrari's are in the game, Japanese media will be more.....
Polyhony didn't tested ferrari,and Kazunori said
"THERE IS NO ITALIAN EXOTICS THIS TIME"

Then explain how Pagani, an ITALIAN EXOTIC, is confirmed.

KY didn't say there are no Italian exotic's in GT4. Pagani as you asid is in for one, nothing has been said on Laborghini and a large number of other Italian marques that produce/produced exotic cars. What KY said was along the lines of Ferrari and Porsche are still possible in GT, but in terms of GT4, they arn't possible.

phantasm
I think live has a good stance on this... while he may lean towards them not being there and i lean more towards them being in, i think we both agree that we won't know for sure until the game is released in November (or we see some official screen caps prior ;) )
I think this statement is correct 👍 .

Please note that my car list does NOT say that Ferrari and Porsche are confirmed. It merely states exactly what we saw: That Polyphony was testing these cars and that they COULD possibly end up in GT4, but in no way are they confirmed.

I forgot one word.
"There is no Italian exotics like Ferrari ,and also Porsche this time"
This is Kazunori's announcement at events in japan.

I don't see anyone acting like a dictator. I'm just trying to reduce redundancy. It'd make my job easier and it make it easier for people who bother to read the whole thread.

No-ones going to read the whole thread, the only important post in this thread is the first one. Theres no need in crying over someone telling you to add a car that you've already added, it causes fricttion between people when you start trying to tell people what they can and can't do when they haven't violated the AUP. That should be left to the mods. At least he was trying to be helpful.

Recentley noticed that the Toyota MR-S S Edititon (J), which is encountered in GT4P PAL when selecting the MX-5 or the Integra Type-R, isn't present on the list. Maybe about time that we flip the black number to five-hundred...

Back