GT4 Master Car List

• Thread starter The359
  • 3,483 comments
It'd take someone less then a minute to check thorugh the list to see if a certain car is there. If you can take the time to respond to this post to tell me a car, then I don't think its much to ask to have the person take the time to make sure the car isn't on the list.

It's not dental surgery here...

How do you know the difference between the MRS-S V-Edition and S-Edition? Or does it say S-Edition?

It clearly says MR-S S Edition(J) on the entry-list in the beginning of a race. If it is the same car as the MR-S V Edition is beyond me.

Buggy Boy, you've actually raced against it? What about the C West Räzo Silvia? The machine keeps throwing rally cars after me whenever I select any of the JGTC GT300 cars. What's the skill/track/car combo?

Freddie
Buggy Boy, you've actually raced against it? What about the C West Räzo Silvia? The machine keeps throwing rally cars after me whenever I select any of the JGTC GT300 cars. What's the skill/track/car combo?
You made me doubt if it wasn't in the license test and yes ... :dopey:

In test 34 you have to pass the Spoon S2000 racer first, and then ... the C-West Silvia and the Autobacs MR-S.

The359 first off... nuff respect for setting up and maintaining this list... MUCH APPRECIATED. Just a thought or suggestion that would make it even more so the definitive GT4 car list... how bout adding thumbnails or links to the screencaps of confirmed cars (ie in game shots showing said car)?

I've read almost all the car posts and some of the confirmed cars i couldn't find screen caps of, despite people confirming the visuals (eg Ariel Atom, Corvette Z06, Ford GT LM, etc). I'm sure a lot of other GTP members would welcome this enhancement.

What was the skyline that was in these pictures? I love this car with a scary passion.

Motorer1-008.jpg

Thats the Falken R34 GT-R that races at the Nurburgring 24h. Theres more pics and some info in the thread on the race a bit further down.

If I remember correctly tha MR-S V-Edition was given from the list of cars taken from the Testing Session in Japan. I know that the people who made that list were off on a few things, so its possible they got the V-Edition and S-Edition wrong or something, so more then likely meant to be the same car.

And having links to screenshots would be impossible. No one place has a screenshot for every car, and it'd use up a lot of bandwidth from whoever I use the URLs from.

What might be the V-edition in one place could be called the S-edition elsewhere.

Oh, the previous two respondants were right - the Nissan C-West Razo Silvia and Toyota SuperAutoBacs MR-S both appear in a a pursuit/overtake test in GT4: Prologue. And you need to check on your Citroens, who appear to be going Eastern Bloc... :D

Edit: Dang... quick edit! :D

By the way, the list has surpassed 500 cars total, so even if going by just the cars we've seen in screenshots, we have at least half of the cars that will likely make it into GT4.

The359
And having links to screenshots would be impossible. No one place has a screenshot for every car, and it'd use up a lot of bandwidth from whoever I use the URLs from.
I think you misinterpreted what i was suggesting... links to a screenshot under the car name wouldn't do anything different then if the image was already posted in GTP (ie wouldn't harm bandwidth anymore) and then your list WOULD BE the one place that has all the shots referenced... forget the thumbnail idea... just drop a link to the pic, whether it be in the GTP gallery, another post, or another site...

eg:
BMW (6 - 5 - 0)
120d ('04)
https://www.gtplanet.net/gallery/gt4cars/e3gt4u00
120i ('04)
https://www.gtplanet.net/gallery/gt4cars/e3gt4u01
320i (ETCC '03)
https://www.gtplanet.net/gallery/gt4cars/e3gt4u03
Concept M5 ('04)
https://www.gtplanet.net/gallery/gt4cars/e3gt4u02
M3 (E36)
M3 SMG-II

M3 GTR Race Car ('01)
https://www.gtplanet.net/gallery/gt4cars/e3gt4u04
M5
X5 4.6iS

V12 LMR (LeMans '99)
https://www.gtplanet.net/gallery/gt4cars/e3gt4u05
Z4 3.0i

👍 👎 :sly: :guilty: ????

Except not all the cars are on GTPlanet. There are plenty of cars we've seen in screenshots that weren't at E3 in 2003 or 2004, and thus aren't posted here.

Then stick a link to any pics of cars you come across as you come across them. I wouldn't blame you if you just say no though, it's a great idea to link pics to the cars but thats adding a lot more work for you.

i would be willing to voluteer to help out with the links idea. ya know, gather pics and stuff. Think about it ;)

EDIT: hey, 359, check you addition at the bottom. I beleive you mean 501 cars, you may be one short. :)

live4speed
Then stick a link to any pics of cars you come across as you come across them. I wouldn't blame you if you just say no though, it's a great idea to link pics to the cars but thats adding a lot more work for you.
Exactly live! Yes it's a lot of work, but less than putting that list together in the first place... i think it's respecting the quality of what you've already done, and taking it next level... I'm sure enough members of GTP who'd like to see this, like Motorer1 and myself, would help you grab links, or collect pics, etc.

It might be good for you guys to view, but from my end I can think of nothing but problems with this idea.

• Adding over 300 address links would clutter up the coding I already have in the post, which already has tons of color code to keep track of.
  • Pictures of all 300+ cars would have to be located on one address for simplicities sake and to not steal bandwidth from others
  • Logistically finding all 324 cars from screenshots that we've seen over the past year.
  • The fact that some of the cars we've seen in game have been in the background. For instance, where are you going to find a clear shot of just the Toyota MR-S (Autobacs JGTC) with no other cars in the shot so as not to confuse people?

The359
It might be good for you guys to view, but from my end I can think of nothing but problems with this idea.
  • Adding over 300 address links would clutter up the coding I already have in the post, which already has tons of color code to keep track of.
  • Pictures of all 300+ cars would have to be located on one address for simplicities sake and to not steal bandwidth from others
  • Logistically finding all 324 cars from screenshots that we've seen over the past year.
  • The fact that some of the cars we've seen in game have been in the background. For instance, where are you going to find a clear shot of just the Toyota MR-S (Autobacs JGTC) with no other cars in the shot so as not to confuse people?
i guess it's not going to happen... too bad, it would be nice to have the proof on the list (personally i've never seen the Ariel Atom in a screen shot and a few others on the list)

BTW Change to the WYSIG editor in the new forums... piece of cake to edit things like colour in your posts, just highlight the text and select the colour from the drop down... and url's, turn on "Automatically parse links in text" and you just paste them in and bam they're active.

Anyway, thanks for running the list nevertheless... best one i've seen online thus far.

The359
That wont work. Parseing URLs produces this:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1120183#post1120183

I would need this:
Link
you wouldn't have to... i don't think anyone would care...

but to do that, i did a test using the WYSIWYG (sorry spelt it incorrectly) editor and you can just highlight the text and add the link... much more powerful then before and way less painful... so you could copy the word Link and then paste it beside each confirmed car... as the links were found, edit the post and paste the link onto the "link" text as applicable... quick and painless (exept for the pure #s).

CAR LIST WITH PICTURES

CLICK HERE

I posted this a few pages back, seems to be consitant with the great job the 359 has done. I know it will not match in every place and every car may not be an exact match, but I doubt if there is a better one like it on the Web

p.s. please respect the author of the web site that is linked. I do not know the author but find their work worth sharing.

Judging by some of the cars he has on there, this guy apparently reads my list and then just adds pictures to it. For instance, the Boss 309 Mustang concept is on there, and I don't know of many people who know of that car being in (it was from an obscure article). However at the same time also notice he has cars on there that aren't on my list and aren't confirmed.

He also has no pictures of screenshots which is what people asked for.

Very well could be 359, if so I would take that as a compliment. Still unless the owners of GTPlanet wanted to make a photo album of cars from your list, I do not see a better way to show the cars. Anyway at least there are sites to look at, alot of thoes european cars look like they will be a blast. Oh that web page owner does not have the boss 429 photo, but I do believe your list shows it as being photo graphed. Right now I am going to search for 429, if they did photograph wander if anyone has that picture ?

He uses the same color system I do, showing the Boss Mustang Concept as photographed car.

So basically he has my list with some slightly off pictures and a few extra cars that I don't have on mine, merely because I think this guy is assuming on some things.

Hello, i'm the french webmaster of this site. Sorry for my english!

Sorry for you, The 359, but my list isn't pasted on your list! The Mustang Boss, OK, i saw it on your list. I take also Range Stormer and Protomotors Spirra on your list but all the others car of my list, i take it on the web and not on your list. For example, the Bentley Continental (older) of your list isn't on my list. Another cars of your list isn't in my list. But, in my list there is many cars that you don't have on your list, and this cars aren't fake, all will seens on making of or video or screen...

Back