GT4 might not make it out before Christmas

  • Thread starter Thread starter eclipz
  • 57 comments
  • 3,115 views
Messages
16
Canada
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Hey, just found this.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=5211

"However, US retailers who contacted gi.biz this week indicated that they have been asked to pull advertising citing the December launch, leading to fears that the title may have slipped to the New Year in North America as well. "

I think it would be best if we stopped trying to figure out when it's going to be released. :)

later,
mk
 
the more we try to figure out the longer its going to take to come out!
 
Yamauchi confirmed it. The date is December 14, 2004.
 
I was at EB buying GTA: San Andreas and they had Dec. 15th as the date. I hope it sticks this time.
 
I have heard rummors that the Dec 14, date is just the latest possible. They may move it forward to get it out closer to thanksgiving than christmas. Also (the dec 14 may be official) as far as I know all the other dates have been unoffical speculation.
 
eclipz
Hey, just found this.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=5211

"However, US retailers who contacted gi.biz this week indicated that they have been asked to pull advertising citing the December launch, leading to fears that the title may have slipped to the New Year in North America as well. "

I think it would be best if we stopped trying to figure out when it's going to be released. :)

later,
mk

gah!! when is this going to stop... KY needs to put it out there and set a deadline for himself. I'm frustrated with it not making the holidays because it essentially is the only time where I can play GT4 without any distractions from school .
This sucks.... hope the speculation isn't true... sigh! ><
 
McLaren F1GTR
Yamauchi confirmed it. The date is December 14, 2004.

it was never confirmed, he said "i hope it's a date we can commit to" hardly official.
 
We've been over this.

And again.

And again.

GT4 won't be out until Q1 2005 ... people don't tell you to go and search because they like to read their posts, ya know ...
 
Oh, haven´t you heard? GT4 is cancelled!
 
I've said it before and knowing me I'll say it again...

GT4 is an urban myth ;)
 
They'd better stick with December 14th! this is becoming a joke. Yamauchi did confirm it! I heard in one of the interviews a while ago.
 
Hah Hah Hah (shoots self in foot)

Meh, this is getting out of hand. (read my sig)
 
I hope it comes out in January 2005.
 
IGN changed the release date from December 14 2004 to March 2005, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy???
 
Wait a minute, are we talking US or Europe release date here? I'm in the UK and i just pre-ordered GT4 from play.com, it says there its due for release on 1st December. Normally it would come out in the US first, unless thats out of date.
 
slipped to the New Year in North America as well. "
We are talking about the North American release Group C Fanatic

I think the December 1st release form Play is very optimistic.
 
Most likely out of date. The Dec 1st date was a VERY tentative date for the US release. We know for a fact that the PAL release isn't happening in '04. Japan is still getting it on the 3rd (bastards), and the US date seems to be fluctuating now. Not sure what the delay for the US is, if there is one. There's been no official word from PD on a US delay, so I'm still thinking the 14th.

Hopefully Gamespot will get those demo discs to keep me occupied in the meantime. :)
 
Well thats some depressing news. When GT4 comes out (if it ever does) it better be an amazing game , to justify the delays.
 
fabro_s
IGN changed the release date from December 14 2004 to March 2005, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy???

maybe they are tracking the PAL version.
 
Or what? Some of you folks crack me up... "It better be good.. OR ELSE!!" Or else what? If you don't like it, don't buy it. Just quit pissing and moaning about it. The game will come out when it comes out, and NOTHING we say or do is going to change that. NOTHING.
 
glad i'm getting my Japanese release

Sony seems to be firm on 12/03 for JP release... otherwise we wouldnt be seeing details like price or packaging.
 
i just got this e-mail

Dear Customer,

You have signed up to receive release date changes for:

Gran Turismo 4

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=280875&affid=1

Old Release Date - 12/14/2004
New Release Date - 12/1/2004

Thank you for visiting GameStop.com!
The World's Largest Selection of Gaming Products!

NOTE: The product release date is the best estimate as to when the
product
will become available. These dates are subject to change at anytime.
GameStop.com is in constant communication with product vendors to
provide
you with the most accurate release dates possible.
 
Is this the american version?
 
RX-7_FC_DrIfteR
i just got this e-mail

Dear Customer,

You have signed up to receive release date changes for:

Gran Turismo 4

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=280875&affid=1

Old Release Date - 12/14/2004
New Release Date - 12/1/2004

Thank you for visiting GameStop.com!
The World's Largest Selection of Gaming Products!

NOTE: The product release date is the best estimate as to when the
product
will become available. These dates are subject to change at anytime.
GameStop.com is in constant communication with product vendors to
provide
you with the most accurate release dates possible.

I was just over at gamestop and the new release date is 1/3/2005
 
That change to 12/1 happened over a week ago, as I recall.. other users at IGN had recieved it and posted it. I was in Gamestop the other day when I pre-ordered it, he couldn't tell an exact date from the computer, but he said it looked like it was going to be after Christmas, closer to New Years. So the 1/3/05 date seems to fit that. Mildly frustrating, but what can you do.
 
Jedi2016
That change to 12/1 happened over a week ago, as I recall.. other users at IGN had recieved it and posted it. I was in Gamestop the other day when I pre-ordered it, he couldn't tell an exact date from the computer, but he said it looked like it was going to be after Christmas, closer to New Years. So the 1/3/05 date seems to fit that. Mildly frustrating, but what can you do.

10/21/04 to be exact
 
Back