GT4 might not make it out before Christmas

  • Thread starter Thread starter eclipz
  • 57 comments
  • 3,113 views
naruto
I was just over at gamestop and the new release date is 1/3/2005


Yep, I work at a Gamestop, and as sad as it is, that is true. Now, to be positive, our dates are often a crapshoot, and the company may just be hedging its bets to keep from having too many angry customers when 12/14 rolls around. Here's hoping I'm right about that, cuz we've waited long enough.

David
 
So has there been any official word from Sony or PD? That's what I wanna know. They wanna keep from having to many angry customers....too late for that lol. I juss wish they'd tell us seriously and not get our hopes up only to be delayed again. I realize the scale of GT4 is huge, and it's going to be amazing, but coming this close to shipping date what the hell else is left for them to do? They already cut out online yet it's still taking forever. But yes I pray the 05 release is a scapegoat for them but they'll still try to make it out 12/14. But I doubt it 👎
 
The last official word from Sony/PD was Dec 14th for North America. All of the bumps and further delays since then have been on the part of the retailers. My guess is they're preparing for the worst based on the European delays, rather than having 12/14 come and go and no game, as David said above.
 
At this point, I couldn't care less about when the stupid game comes out. Actually having it in my hands will be nothing in comparison to the joy of silence as thousands of yammering idiots suddenly shut up and end their totally pointless complaining about how the game better ship soon before they decide to spend their allowance somewhere else, and rush down to Toys R Us to buy the full-price copy they swore they were going to boycott.
 
It's turning into a delay ridden farse.
 
Everybody that say they will boycott GT4 is a freaking liar.
 
davenguyen
I just got the new email from gamestop

"You have signed up to receive release date changes for:

Gran Turismo 4

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=280875&affid=1

Old Release Date - 12/1/2004
New Release Date - 1/3/2005"


this sucks >< What a sucky decision by PD tho to release it after the holidays. omg...
It's like the perfect time to release games right now... and they're missing the increased earning potential. Yes no doubt they'll still rake in a whole load of cash.. but but but... I WANNA PLAY IT ... during holidays when I actually have time... ARGH

Artz
 
This really is discouraging news. When will it ever get here?
 
icemanshooter23
This really is discouraging news. When will it ever get here?
Nice huge wing in your avatar. That's a Ford P68?
 
Yep, the car really does look better without it though. What really baffles me about the GT4 release is the PD is willing to miss the Christmas rush. I figured all along that it wouldbe pushed back sometime around December, but not past Christmas. This could be a very big mistake.
 
Yeah, I was thinking that too. Usually game developers get big bucks out of their game by timing the release. I wonder why PD is willing to let it go past December.....maybe they don't care because they have too much money? :D j/k
 
TurboLevin2NV
Yeah, I was thinking that too. Usually game developers get big bucks out of their game by timing the release. I wonder why PD is willing to let it go past December.....maybe they don't care because they have too much money? :D j/k
You may be right there. :)
 
Actually, they must be huting for some income after this long time producing the game. I'm sure Sony is willing to cover it though.
 
They probably make enough money selling their updates and new game footage to sites.
They also probably have a pool going on when they will get the go ahead to release the game. Whoever wins could get real rich.
 
Apparently Sonys Profits on game sales is down a whopping 25% on last year!
edit:(figures based on the same period last year)
Cant say im surprised though with no real killer games coming through.
 
They should be making up a lot of that this holiday season.
 
Lo... I've heard about 18 times that the release date is definately December 15th! i've got five or six friends in retail that have seen the paperwork. :dopey:
 
I have heard, from many sites, that it is the 14th of December, but the January date seems more like it, I mean, the game hasnt even gone gold yet.
 
[Spyder]-007
I have heard, from many sites, that it is the 14th of December, but the January date seems more like it, I mean, the game hasnt even gone gold yet.


games usually goes gold like a week or 2 before release... we still have around a month or so before JAPAN releases

(then again maybe I'm just in denial ><)
Artz
 
I'm still betting on December 14th, since there's been no official announcement to the contrary. The argument about going gold doesn't mean so much these days, at the speed they can press CDs and DVDs. I've seen games go gold and be on the shelf a week later.

I'm also confident that PD is doing everything in their power to get the game out before Christmas here in the States. Probably not by themselves, either.. remember, PD is owned by Sony. I can imagine the conversation around July or August, most likely went something like this:

Sony: So, will GT4 be out in time for Christmas?
PD: Um.. no.
Sony: Why not?
PD: Well, we're still having a lot of problems with the online mode.
Sony: What about the rest of the game?
PD: Oh, we just need to polish up a few things, it's nearly finished.
Sony: If we drop the online mode can we get it out before Christmas?
PD: Yes, I think so.
Sony: Do it.
 
PD: Do you realized what you just said?
Sony: Yes why?
PD: My fans have been waiting for online mode since GT3!!!
Sony: Well you can just lie with some bull**** excuses...
PD: How much for some lies?
Sony: Well lets say a Ford GT or a Carrera GT....
PD: We have a deal......
Sony: Ooo and by the way, we still have the Deecember 14th for the US????
PD: Well im still waiting for the Ferrari and Porshce licenses, they will give them to me maybe June or July...
Sony: Well keep up the good work lying to your freaking fans like you have been doing it for the past 3 years....
PD: 3 years!!!!!!, DAMN
 
Gee, thank you so much for taking my rather serious post and turning it into a parodied farce... Kind of loses it's point with your little "follow-up", you know.
 
Cobra S
i don't know if i can handle another delay.. :nervous:
PD better have a really good reason if it's delayed this time. I can understand the online mode being taken out, and i can live without it for now if it's the difference between getting the game now or a year from now...so i'm glad they're coming out with a second one...but jeez, how many more problems can they come across. I just preordered mine from best buy on friday, so at least i'm guarenteed a copy. COME ON ALREADY PD!
 
Back