GT4 online beta test

skylineGTR_guy
if users wanted to set up their own server to still play on (or using software similar to xbox connect) that they would have to hack where the game looks for the server.

sounds easy :)

skylineGTR_guy
What I meant in my post was that the IP address or whatever for the main global room is automatically set, so you cant change where to connect, it only looks for that server and i dont see a way to change it. So once its shut down after the beta, if users wanted to set up their own server to still play on (or using software similar to xbox connect) that they would have to hack where the game looks for the server.
So only a PS2 or GT4 game file needs hacking, and a new server needs to be created?

MasterGT
So only a PS2 or GT4 game file needs hacking, and a new server needs to be created?

Well you would need a copy of the GT4 beta and either hack the game itself to look for a different IP or somehow get a router to forward any requests sent to the official game server to be rerouted to your newly created game server, and you would also need to know how the game server works, which isnt exactly easy.

Back