GT4 Photo Travel Location Returns In GT Sport

I can't help but think the time and effort spent on superficial features such as would be better spent on the mechanical/technical aspects of the game. You know, so we can have as little to complain as possible. :)
If they didn't have those "superficial" features and had a technically perfect game, or nearly so, then fans would be complaining about the lack of superficial features. You can't win either way:lol:

A thousand plus scapes. Gimme a break. Yall ain't gotta sell PD's bs, side of the neck hype, so dang hard. Geeez! You should be obligated to mention that half the crap they spit is wishful thinking at best.

Yeah, it would be nice though. Sooo not looking forward to what else they haven't been sharing with us ;)

OMFG!!! I don't think I'm gonna be able to sleep for the next few weeks just because of the excitment about this absolutely amazing feature!
Now I'm gonna be able to finally lap around Bathurst in less than 2:02.000 in the McLaren just because I can take a freaking pic of it in some stupid virtual mountain scenery!
I feel so sorry for Project Cars, Assetto Corsa and iracing... who the heck is going to race there now???
I keep telling my son, "before you can become an awesome Sim racer you have to become and awesome photo shooter... that's how Gregger Huttu became the best in the world."

Last edited:
images
We'll never know how much dev time has been wasted on GT game content that never gets used.

I can't help but think the time and effort spent on superficial features such as would be better spent on the mechanical/technical aspects of the game. You know, so we can have as little to complain as possible. :)

Agreed, although it's fair that PD should work most on optimizing the more technical simulator stuff for the game the fans would raise all kinds of heck if they took out a staple GT element like the photo travel mode. As much as I love just racing and hot lapping in GT, taking pictures in those gorgeous backdrops are certainly gonna turn heads too. It's one of those experimental things they did in GT4 and it got so big they probably have no choice to exclude it now, even if they wanted to.

It may just me being impressed easily but I won't lie when I say my jaw DROPPED seeing those backgrounds. Once PD finally come around and release this thing hopefully we'll see the technical side as optimized as the photo mode stuff they threw in too :P

While I am happy for those that like this, I personally couldn't care less about a couple of new photo scenery locations in a feature that never interested me to begin with (if I want photos of a car I will just Google for them).

The Project CARS 2 news and info so far is great. This for sure is not the right way to step into the battle PD. Unless of course you want to avoid the battle and focus on a different market segment.

I would prefer they will put all their efforts on the game play; this feature is, at best, just an hour past time in all the life of the game...

+1

I believe there's something big going on that PD isn't telling us, so that's why the delay is taking so long.
I thought they said they were shifting from the original intent of gts back when they started talking about more cars. If they where to flip the script and come out with gt7 that might quell some of their detractors frustration. I'll be happy either way just to have something from poly on ps4. It would be nice if they were to check off most of the things that people complain about. If not it sounds like pcar2 is promising.

I've got about 6000 photos in GT6 so far.

Just wondering for what? Like what are you doing with them? I took some snaps here and there and never really care anymore for them. Nor I print them or use them for backgrounds or what ever.

I am just curious, what is the benefit of those pictures? And how many times you went back and rewatched them?

no disrespect included, really just curiousity in how other people view it and use that feature they spend so much dev time on.

Peace

Just wondering for what? Like what are you doing with them? I took some snaps here and there and never really care anymore for them. Nor I print them or use them for backgrounds or what ever.

I am just curious, what is the benefit of those pictures? And how many times you went back and rewatched them?

no disrespect included, really just curiousity in how other people view it and use that feature they spend so much dev time on.

Peace

It's just the same as real photography. You can use it for artistic purposes, or to document an event or just playing around with it and see what happens.

The only difference is that you are capturing a digital world rather than the real world. I don't print the tens of thousands of pictures I've taken in real life either, but that doesn't mean that there is no point in having a good camera or that photography is a waste of time.

Also, how much time is "so much dev time"? All you know is what product they're offering, you don't know anything about how much time it took to build it.

I've got about 6000 photos in GT6 so far.

Ok, if you like to do such things... it's not a problem at all, but since GT is a driving game, and since PD takes such a lot of time for every single release, put effort in what is a minor feature does not seems a good choice.

Ok, if you like to do such things... it's not a problem at all, but since GT is a driving game, and since PD takes such a lot of time for every single release, put effort in what is a minor feature does not seems a good choice.

And what makes you think that photomode has any substantial impact on the development time?

GT isnt just about all driving, if you took a look on the photo section in GT6 section you would see amazing work! This isnt a new feature it has been part of GT formula .

The GT6 photomode section is one of the biggest — and, when the game was newer, one of the busiest — subsections here on GTPlanet. Most big racing games also offer a photomode now. It's not a minor feature.

Also, while those of us who enjoy photomode bemoan the Scapes' general lack of adjustability, there are positives: it's very unlikely, even with 1000+, that they took longer to develop than the traditional Photo Travel locations. Those required a lot of modeling: Scapes are just (very advanced) photos.

It's just the same as real photography. You can use it for artistic purposes, or to document an event or just playing around with it and see what happens.

The only difference is that you are capturing a digital world rather than the real world. I don't print the tens of thousands of pictures I've taken in real life either, but that doesn't mean that there is no point in having a good camera or that photography is a waste of time.

Also, how much time is "so much dev time"? All you know is what product they're offering, you don't know anything about how much time it took to build it.

Well its personal preference then, I also own a decent camera in real life to capture events, landscapes, animals, architecture etc. But as I said real life, I see no point in that dull virtual world for me. If you enjoy it, its totally fine. Well personal preferences.

The GT6 photomode section is one of the biggest — and, when the game was newer, one of the busiest — subsections here on GTPlanet. Most big racing games also offer a photomode now. It's not a minor feature.

Also, while those of us who enjoy photomode bemoan the Scapes' general lack of adjustability, there are positives: it's very unlikely, even with 1000+, that they took longer to develop than the traditional Photo Travel locations. Those required a lot of modeling: Scapes are just (very advanced) photos.

GT isnt just about all driving, if you took a look on the photo section in GT6 section you would see amazing work! This isnt a new feature it has been part of GT formula .

As i said, do what you like, it's your life and choice; for what about me, and a lot of other persons, GT ("The Drive of Your Life"), as AC (phisics realism above anything else), Forza, DriveClub, Project Cars, etc., it's only about driving: our choice... for us photomode is a minor feature, we don't care about it and we don't put any time and effort in make photos, so to know that PD it's still putting time in developing it, make us think bad of it.

And what makes you think that photomode has any substantial impact on the development time?
You don't think the people working on scapes couldn't have been working on something more racing related?

Big or little, it has... scapes, location, etc., have to be captured, elaborated, etc., it takes time, more or less.

Takes time, yes. But does it add to the production time? Probably not.

You don't think the people working on scapes could have been working on something more racing related?

No. What would that be? It's hardly the AI team or the network team or the race choreography team that works on the photo mode features.

While I am happy for those that like this, I personally couldn't care less about a couple of new photo scenery locations in a feature that never interested me to begin with (if I want photos of a car I will just Google for them).

The Project CARS 2 news and info so far is great. This for sure is not the right way to step into the battle PD. Unless of course you want to avoid the battle and focus on a different market segment.
PC2 does sound great.
Looking forward to it. 👍

I guess it depends on how much credit you put into marketing blurb.
But "7 to 77" suggests that while the 2 games may be in direct genre market competition, each is taking a somewhat expected different tack.

On the thread topic, it nice to see that PD are reviving old scenes.
I question how far down that track they will go though.

Just in....

Rumor has it PD have been developing for the last 3 months "Full on realistic" Car purchase receipts and documents,where you,the player can choose between all the real options for the chosen vehicle through a realistic check-box list.

Best appreciated in 4K.

Just in....

Rumor has it PD have been developing for the last 3 months "Full on realistic" Car purchase receipts and documents,where you,the player can choose between all the real options for the chosen vehicle through a realistic check-box list.

Best appreciated in 4K.

*Crowd groans*

OMFG!!! I don't think I'm gonna be able to sleep for the next few weeks just because of the excitment about this absolutely amazing feature!
Now I'm gonna be able to finally lap around Bathurst in less than 2:02.000 in the McLaren just because I can take a freaking pic of it in some stupid virtual mountain scenery!
I feel so sorry for Project Cars, Assetto Corsa and iracing... who the heck is going to race there now???
I keep telling my son, "before you can become an awesome Sim racer you have to become and awesome photo shooter... that's how Gregger Huttu became the best in the world."
The excitement at the news of a GT4 photomode location is ridiculous lol. Mainly because it is a big indicater of how low the GT series has fallen, the game was supposed to be released last year and here we are nearly in March and the most exciting news is a GT4 photomode location.

Peace
I made some awesome shots (Even if i do say so myself ), there are a few i will print on canvas for my man cave in futer but i use many of them as screensavers. Also i guess there are many people like me when GT was my favourite game where sometimes i just didn't want to race but i still wanted to spend time in GT, i took thousands of photos and they might be pointless now but they gave me pleasure at the time and allow you to be creative, which is no bad thing. Also i was pretty ill during GT5 and GT6, and being a photography enthusiast, GT was a great tool and relief for me as i was too ill to practice my hobby for real.

If photomode turns out to be good i may pick GTS up in the sale just for the photomode.

As i said, do what you like, it's your life and choice; for what about me, and a lot of other persons, GT ("The Drive of Your Life"), as AC (phisics realism above anything else), Forza, DriveClub, Project Cars, etc., it's only about driving: our choice... for us photomode is a minor feature, we don't care about it and we don't put any time and effort in make photos, so to know that PD it's still putting time in developing it, make us think bad of it.

So your point amounts to "people have different tastes from one another"? Stunning. In related news, sky is blue.

Gran Turismo, from the very first game, has never been "only about driving": if it were, there wouldn't be car maintenance, car washes, paint chips, custom wheels, and more.

Games like Project CARS focus very heavily on the on-track experience, yes. AC places physics quite clearly above everything else in terms of priority. Polyphony has on numerous occasions suggested that Gran Turismo is about the automobile in general. So has Turn 10 and Playground games: the experience is as much about car culture as it is about shaving tenths. A major part of car culture is appreciating the visual side of the vehicles we love. That the games offer players an opportunity to do this in lieu of ever being able to in the real world should not be condemned, IMO.

If a game's Photomode is enough to turn someone previously uninterested into a car nut, I'd say that's job done.

Make me understand... maybe have i to say that i am really happy of photoshop, and the time put to develop it, so all your complains about my simple, fair, polite thoughts sharing, at last, go to an end? As always, the new release is delaying, respect to what PD said a lot of time ago... and: what of "make what you want, it's not a problem for me, but i am not happy of it", it's not clear? I respect your opinion, but i not agreed with it... Of course it is a question of "different tastes", what's the deal of it, i don't care of PM, you love it and instead go driving you make photos... perfect, period, end of the issue.

The Real Photo Shop Simulator. PD creating scapes, while SMS and Kunos work on driving dynamics changeable weather and day to night to day time changes.

PCars2 and Assetto Corsa are going to take Polyphony Digitals lunch money yet again. And perhaps for the last time.
I also think the Game is going to release on PS Pro. The PS4 will be limited in what it can do with GT.

I really want the next GT to be good. But I don't see it happening.👎

Back