GT4 Photo Travel Location Returns In GT Sport

The Real Photo Shop Simulator. PD creating scapes, while SMS and Kunos work on driving dynamics changeable weather and day to night to day time changes.

PCars2 and Assetto Corsa are going to take Polyphony Digitals lunch money yet again. And perhaps for the last time.
I also think the Game is going to release on PS Pro. The PS4 will be limited in what it can do with GT.

I really want the next GT to be good. But I don't see it happening.👎

Yes, why change to HDRI environment rendering, which produces way more realistic images and is way faster than building a 3D model of the scene? It's a waste of ti... oh wait, it's actually a lot faster, which is why there are thousands of scapes for GT Sport compared to the four photo travel locations available in GT6.

Oh, but it's a useless feature. Nobody likes pictures of cars, which is why every car magazine out there is just plain text and why Top Gear is a radio show rather than... oh wait...

I thought I would add a note to counter the arguments of having a photomode in new games.

I think it is now a bigger part of games than it ever used to be, mainly due to the increase in graphical quality, as some do look like real photos and getting better all the time. It can benefit in Free marketing for the game on Social media and sales with a community spirit with the developers. It can give enjoyment and longevity to an otherwise stale or short career game. It can give enjoyment and relaxation to those who can not get outside at every opportunity. It can help you be creative capturing that low down tarmac shot, high aerial shot or a panning shot you would not normally be able to do in real life car photography with out 100's of takes or extreme set up and money. You can choose the weather! Here in England it rains more than average.

I started out on racing games, GT, Forza, Drive Club always being a car nut I was in awe of the small details you could zoom in on and the camera settings and took many, but since being on this community based forum I have branched out to other games with photomodes and seen the creativity available in those.

I maybe slightly more addicted than many others and now class it as another hobby ;) but I really enjoy it like an art form in between breaks of intense driving, VR or shoot outs it lets me release creativity from what I have just seen. I know when I see opportunities with the camera so it does have a downside of stopping gameplay many times on instant photomodes! I agree photos are not for everyone but they do have a larger following than people may think.

It can offer opportunities of many close competitions on GTP/GT6 photo forum or on Forza Motorsport and have your picture chosen and used in game, on the menus or retweeted and seen by many. There is a whole Forza Forum just for Forzatography. 20,000 people saw those pictures there and on twitter.
tweet1.jpg
Playground games (Forza Horizon) are now following my photos on twitter, which is great to see.
tweet4.jpg

On DriveClub me and many others from here have had our photos used by Rushy(Evolution Studios) on the main menus, I think I have 3-4 of my photos seen by everyone on the Drive Club menus, they loved our photos so much we got asked our address and sent special edition badges and CDs 12" full original sound tracks.

Ready at Dawn (The Order1886) studio all enjoyed my photos. It gives some achievement even if small to carry on and take more.

tweet2.jpg

Recently I brought Doom, the photomode on that is very detailed and looks great on the PS4 Pro (4k), they tweeted one and so far 120,000 people saw them, more than I ever thought would be interested in doom photos!..
tweet3.jpg

So to conclude, I think as GTP/GranTurismo/Forza originally got me addicted to this digital photography I blame them:sly:!..but I do think it still deserves a place even if an 'option' in the game to give some people enjoyment along with the racing and many others especially with 4k gaming here and the stunning graphics and totally agree it is not for everyone.:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Brilliant write up there @torque99 and fantastic getting the recognition from the studios,

myself, you @torque99 plus many other people are eagerly awaiting gtsport for the photomode, @MeanElf @doblocruiser @RL_23 I think you guys I mentioned can`t wait for it like me also..:)
Indeed, GT Sport will be sublime. Like Mr @torque99 says, GT5 and 6 photo mode has added another dimension to the games and now that has blossomed in this new generation with its wider possibilities. Scapes is going to be a very welcome addition, I feel.

Great post there by the way Mr @torque99 - kudos for all your hard work - don't forget that Avalanche also liked your view of the wasteland in Mad Max.

Yes, why change to HDRI environment rendering, which produces way more realistic images and is way faster than building a 3D model of the scene? It's a waste of ti... oh wait, it's actually a lot faster, which is why there are thousands of scapes for GT Sport compared to the four photo travel locations available in GT6.

Oh, but it's a useless feature. Nobody likes pictures of cars, which is why every car magazine out there is just plain text and why Top Gear is a radio show rather than... oh wait...

So what does it do for driving feel, tuning options and effect of those options on the dynamics of the car?
When you add a spoiler does it have an actual aerodynamic effect on the car you moded? Can you simulate a 24 hour race at the Ring? What will the damage model look like? And will the tire modeling be more realistic?

Pictures? Really.....pictures. And the cars still sound like loco vacuum cleaners? Give it rest........please.
And start talking about more of a sim feel to the driving vice arcade.:irked:

So what does it do for driving feel, tuning options and effect of those options on the dynamics of the car?

Are you asking what scapes does for driving feel, tuning options and the dynamics of the car?

When you add a spoiler does it have an actual aerodynamic effect on the car you moded?

I don't think you'll be able to add spoilers in scapes.

Can you simulate a 24 hour race at the Ring?

There are some scapes at the Ring it seems, we'll have to see what times of day that are covered with that.

What will the damage model look like? And will the tire modeling be more realistic?

I don't think you'll be able to damage the cars in scapes. Tires look more realistic to me based on what I've seen so far.

Pictures? Really.....pictures. Give it rest........please.
And start talking about more of a sim feel to the driving vice arcade.:irked:

No. This thread is about scapes and the return of a GT4 photo location. If you want to "talk" about physics there are other threads for that.

Latest Posts

Back