GT4 Photomode 2.0 Advanced Competition wk. 6

Oliver_Newton
Ok we all know that it's a pic from GT4. I was just trying to put a little more fun into it instead of just posting "final entry" like I always do. Also I had many shots that worked with the theme, but I'm only allowed to have one entry. I didn't realize though that if I put a little story like that it would be picked apart. I WAS JUST HAVING FUN!!! Guess that's the last time I'll have fun on these boards. :rolleyes:
Ya helloo, we know what you meant :dopey: And it IS as fun as you meant it. He was just suggesting your words to be interpreted as if only ONE shot of your race event would comply with this theme. Your post, and his reply were both just as fun as they're supposed to be 👍 :tup It's ALL GOOD :crazy: (Jeffrey Goines style!)

Melaneimoon
s12ken, cool shot ^^ 👍 👍

FINAL ENTRY

This shot kind of caught me by surprise (my car isn't even in it).

pretty cool shot.. u were focused on the z?

Melaneimoon
s12ken, cool shot ^^ 👍 👍

FINAL ENTRY

This shot kind of caught me by surprise (my car isn't even in it).
Holy Moly, that's a great shot. One suggestion if I may, crop the pic so that the white line starts/ends exactly in the corners, just give it a try. If you like, repost.

AMG

G-T-4-Fan
And VR6GT, make it a bit brighter....bit more sunshine and it's much more your style and much better:sly:;)

I gotta change brakes on my real car . Ill check that out when I get home. ...thanks for the input 👍 It does look a bit plain, but I figuired its still early. I can make final adjustments..

Hey treefingers just so you know you spelt quality wrong on the competition banner/title thing. Great pictures everyone 👍

suzq044
pretty cool shot.. u were focused on the z?
No I'm not. (monty python style).
Serisouly, I am. I think it's very obvious ^^ But yes indeed, I selected that Z in the replay camera, not my own car, if that's what you mean :)
AMG_SLK
Holy Moly, that's a great shot. One suggestion if I may, crop the pic so that the white line starts/ends exactly in the corners, just give it a try. If you like, repost.
Thank you ^^

Hmm yeah no... I thought about it. But I thought it'd be too artificial. I mean... giving a shot with a little spontanious feel can have a great effect*. Those are very subtle and small differences, but can have a pretty big impact on the "feel" of the photo. Over-tweaking the geometry like that can result in an interesting abstract style, but it also makes the photo less lively. I personally found it not suitable for this photo to do that. My main attention of the composition went to the "weight" of the group of cars. Because it is not a symmetrical shape, and it is by far the determinating element in the shot.
But ofcourse since you mentioned that now, I'll give it another consideration 👍

I do care a lot about (sacred) geometry in general though.
The ratio of my entry in Advanced comp 5 for example, is the golden ratio ;) (The standard 4:3 is the ratio of the Egyptian triangle)
But going deeper into that would require much more work ofcourse.

So anyway, there's gotta be a balance between geometric quality and spontanious quality. (Although true masters can greatly use both at the same time. But where is art these days huh)

* Sometimes it can be really interesting to roughly determine the composition and zoom level and QUICKLY press the trigger.

I don't think I'll be able to participate this week, my computer is crashed and I don't have Photoshop on my laptop. Oh boy!

I am not sure if those lines are okay
but definitely a very good picture
good one 440

440 CHARGER
In case you can't tell, the yellow blur is the Gillet Vertigo Race Car.
FINAL ENTRY!

Good Color Eh?:)

I don't really have time to enter this week, but that shot has got me fired up enough to make some time! :mad: :D

Excellent use of photoshop 👍 although the vertical stripes might be a little over the top ;)

Just because everyone is saying they don't like the lines in 440's pic, I'll say I like them. Actually though I do kinda like them. They add a new creative touch to the photo. The only problem I would have with them is that they draw the eyes from the actual point of the pic. Good job for being creative and trying something new though.

I do like them and they do add to the framing of the pic, but imo I think they are a little too distracting from the image at hand. But 440 Charger is good at making nice borders so I am sure he will come up with something even better :)

440 CHARGER
How does this look?👍 👎 (P.S.... All of these suggestions may make a few certain someones upset!)

I feel sorry for you that you can't tell the difference between suggestions and (as the one who picks the finalists) telling them which picture to enter. And don't say you didn't because I'm not the only one who quoted you about that.

And since you're asking for SUGGESTIONS, here are mine (not that anyone cares what I have to say anyway).....

The colors are WAY too bright. The sky is WAY too blue. The pavement is brown instead of a shade of gray. And the last time I saw that Mazda color scheme (in person) it wasn't day-glo or flouresent. The lines are artistic enough I guess but, all this time I thought this is a PHOTO competiton, not "Let's see what we can do with Photoshop to make it artistic" competition. The photo is WAY to blurry, you can't tell what the cars are other than a yellow blur next to an orange and green blur the framing is nice but it doesn't really add much to the blurs that it surrounds.

I'm not much of a phototgrapher in any of these competitions. That's obvious because of the less than zero times any of my photos have been picked for the top whatever. I guess I'm too opinionated (therefore not liked all that much) to be part of the "elite" 10 or 15 that consistantly make the polls. But I do know what I like and this latest entry of yours doesn't do anything for me. But then what does a fat old guy from Texas know about cars and photography?

Just my 2 (well maybe 3) cents worth.

:cheers:

I like 'em 440! ace job! 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Dang!:lol: :lol: :lol:

No need to feel sorry though, I am ok.:) I am enjoying my stay here in the GTP Photomode Competitions!👍 I wish you would let yourself too!:indiff: I am just trying to enlighten the mood a little!

G-T-4-Fan
And VR6GT, make it a bit brighter....bit more sunshine and it's much more your style and much better:sly:;)

Ok...I went opposite direction than you suggested :crazy: HERE

Ill stick with it I suppose... :indiff:

Ah well....I dont really go too far in the comp votes so either way Ill end up with the same result :crazy:

Well I agree with swissbear that the lines are too much "tralala". The borders are nice, but I think it's a bit too much for a photomode comp. Yes, a border is allowed, but keep it humble, you know, not so distracting. Especially when the photo itself is already very "simple", an over accentuated border will more easely look like "one of the elements" rather than just a border.
Personally, I think for this photo, in this context, you shouldn't make a border at all. Or, just make a black one (like a background on which the image lays), or 1 line (about as thin, or a bit thinner than now) all the way round, white, or with variation of colors (eg. a yellow line with some blurs in blue/orange etc... I hope you know what I mean. The photo is very simple, treat the edges accordingly, you know.
As for the current border: in order to keep a balance in between a nice border, and attention that goes to the photo, I would make a border small in size, not too developed (in shape), but light and bright in colors. Now I think the border is still a bit unbalanced, because the sides are ver strong compared to the top and bottom. I think you should make the entire border strong (bright/colored), but slightly reduce the size.

Swissbear, I really doubt your aesthetic opinion. Do you have any artistic talent or interests?

Another thing. If you mean you're being unpopular because you're too opionated. I'm a very cynical person, possibly more than you, so I have experience. But I really don't think that the voting here is based on anything other than the picture (with or without PS skills ofcourse).

here I go again...... Super GT's GT300 class duking it out at Motegi.... enjoy

Final Entry

Preview
racepreview4ui.jpg

that's beautiful syntax
too bad the rear wheel wasn't spinning
GT4 keeps screwing some nice photos :indiff:

BTW ... I am thinking to enter this week for fun

franz
that's beautiful syntax
too bad the rear wheel wasn't spinning
GT4 keeps screwing some nice photos :indiff:

BTW ... I am thinking to enter this week for fun
What else would you enter for ;)

Hmm I'm not bothered by the wheel. I like the wheels of the supra though. Great shot Achilles 👍

Back