GT4 PhotoMode Competition: Week 1

• Thread starter Slick6
  • 103 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
savagedrifter
It doesn't say no photoshop panoramas allowed. It says resizing which I did.
Actually the rules state:
Photo-editing programs may be used only for resizing, adding a border, or adding text.

I think panaramas are really neat and all, but in a way, it is an unfair advantage that not everyone can duplicate. Sorry.

And pimp racer, could you please limit it down to 2 or three entries please? There will be other competitions.

Slick6
Actually the rules state:
Photo-editing programs may be used only for resizing, adding a border, or adding text.

I think panaramas are really neat and all, but in a way, it is an unfair advantage that not everyone can duplicate. Sorry.

And pimp racer, could you please limit it down to 2 or three entries please? There will be other competitions.

LMAO! Sorry I got carried away! :embarrassed: :dunce: Ok done now! :D
*EDIT*
BTW can you PLEASE make a rule stating that all entires must be in thumbnails if possible. It will be easier on Jordan's server and faster for people with 56K such as VipFreak.

Slick6
:lol: And pimp racer, could you please limit it down to 2 or three entries please? There will be other competitions.

And speaking of a **** load of pics... what's this "poll" gonna be like!? :scared: I'm thinking it's gonna be worse than how Ca. picked out a govenor, ahem... I mean Govenator... :rolleyes:.

I may resize all entries down and then rehost them. I'm thinking about a size limit in future competitions.

Ok then, "FINAL ENTRY"

oldSkyline.jpg

Slick6
I may resize all entries down and then rehost them. I'm thinking about a size limit in future competitions.

Yeah but for now maybe you can just require everyone using Imashack as a host ( Thats like 95% of the people in this thread ) to post the thumbnails from now on.

Why not ask them to use imageshack and it's thumbnails and then put the poll up with the thumbnails?

Remember, the poll only can have 30 choices...

Well, this is quite the predicament. :indiff: I guess, I'll have to ask everyone to post only 1 entry then. I'll PM everyone that has posted more than 1 entry to pick one and remove the others. Another possibility is when 30 entries are submitted, then the week's competition poll will be posted and another competition held. Suggestions anyone?

So were on post #70... and in a poll we can only have 30 entries... uh... if my math is right :dopey: we might not be able to have everyone in a poll. I guess if you want suggestions you could do like "heats" in a track race. Good luck with that though :scared:

How about one standard size? Some of you may know already but resizing (smaller) pics hides/renders a lot of graphic imperfections.

And I'll take out 1 of my entries. 👍

Slick6
Well, this is quite the predicament. :indiff: I guess, I'll have to ask everyone to post only 1 entry then. I'll PM everyone that has posted more than 1 entry to pick one and remove the others. Another possibility is when 30 entries are submitted, then the week's competition poll will be posted and another competition held. Suggestions anyone?

Maybe you can have like 3 judges that get to pick the final 30 that can enter the comptition. I can be one of the judges if you want? Since I am very active at GTP I dont think I will miss any one of the comps.

BlazinXtreme
I say just take the first 30 entries each time
Good Idea. That's what I was thinking. Once you reach 30, then just post the poll and do next weeks.

I would like to keep it weekly though. Like every Sunday have the competition end, poll set up, and new competition started.

Slick6
I would like to keep it weekly though. Like every Sunday have the competition end, poll set up, and new competition started.
Shouldn't you end it now? It is Sunday, after all and we have pleanty of entries.

Yes, I am going to. Look for the poll to be up in 20 minutes, this could take some time. :lol:

Event Horizon
Shouldn't you end it now? It is Sunday, after all and we have pleanty of entries.

We have more then plenty, won't some need to be cut?

Actually there were 24 entries. Whew, I don't know if I can do this every week.

a. if its first come, first served, may i suggest the thread be locked when 30 is hit and another thread be put up in the photo and video forum for the others to be posted in.

b. you missed mine. last post of page 3.

Sven
The planes are actually there, and any "multiple car" pics are from photo drive. I don't see the problem.
How do you photo drive with other cars? From what I can tell you can only do a free run of the course with no opposition in photo drive.

capnlarge
How do you photo drive with other cars? From what I can tell you can only do a free run of the course with no opposition in photo drive.
Save any replay. Go to Replay Theater. Watch replay. Press select at any time. Capture photo(s).

I'm sorry, but you're a little late there buddy. Try entering in the Week 2 competition. 👍

how come there's no photo-editing? i mean.. i'm a photographer myself.. and photo-editing is part of photo-graphy, white-balance, etc

MuFF
how come there's no photo-editing? i mean.. i'm a photographer myself.. and photo-editing is part of photo-graphy, white-balance, etc

probably because it gives people with photoshop, and who know how to use photoshop a huge advantage over everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back