GT4 PhotoMode Competition: Week 11

• Thread starter Slick6
  • 258 comments

Slick6

Premium
United States
United States
Welcome to the 11th Week of the GT4 PhotoMode Competition.
114no.jpg

Please read all rules. Inability to follow rules will result in disqualification from the competition.

rules35up.gif

• Do not use anyone else’s work. Only use your own.
  • Do not use an entry from a previous competition.
  • We are using a system in which the winner of a previous competition that chose the theme for this week, will also at the end of the week skim through and select their top 20 entries to be placed on the poll.
  • Photoshop can be used to crop, resize, adjust brightness and contrast, and for adding text. Changing color curves or manipulating is prohibited.
  • Post your final entry in RED letters. Such as “FINAL ENTRY”
    [*]Only one entry may be submitted, and it must be uploaded using Imageshack and have the thumbnail picture.
    [*]http://imageshack.us/
  • [NEW]Please Submit your Final Entry and no more than 2 Honorable Mentions.
  • [NEW]You will not ask others to choose your Final Entry.

deadline30id.gif

• The competitions will run in much the same manner as the other artistic competitions. The approximate deadline is:
    May 14th.

theme38ys.gif

• This week’s competition will be restricted to "Lights-on" as chosen by Week 9 winner Orbit.

• Further explanation of theme:
  • A photo of your car with its head- or tail-lights on. All cars and [headlights-on] PhotoDrive locations welcome.
    [*]No PhotoTravel (PhotoMode) locations. Brake-lights will be eligible only if the car is in a headlights-on environment

[*]Having multiple cars in a photo is acceptable.
    [*]Headlights (or tail-lights) must be visible in the shot (basically no profile shots, for better or for worse).
    [*]The Nissan Skyline Pace Car and the Nissan Skyline D1 car (with neons) are only eligible if within a lights-on environment (thanks, dustdriver).

New Rules:
  • [NEW]Please Submit your Final Entry and no more than 2 Honorable Mentions.
  • [NEW]You will not ask others to choose your Final Entry.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Any questions, please PM me, or E-mail me at kobyw989@gmail.com

Very nice. I loved Week 10's banner. It looked like the heat ripples from the exhaust were showing. 👍 Keep it coming.

Nice new font. You are getting very intracate with these competitions, Slick. 👍

excellent theme! 👍

however I'm curious as to why none of the photo travel locations are allowed? :( New York, New Jersey, Gion, Las Vegas & the Fish Market all have lights on iirc.

I think because this competition has always taken place in a racing form (PhotoDrive) not Photomode. Plus the quality of pictures will be very different between Photomode and PhotoDrive and that will unbalance the fairness of competition. Some people like to use Photomode, some like PhotoDrive.

Brock5000
excellent theme! 👍

however I'm curious as to why none of the photo travel locations are allowed? :( New York, New Jersey, Gion, Las Vegas & the Fish Market all have lights on iirc.

Yeah, I love those locations and Photo Travel itself, however given the limited range of angles/positions/etc available in PT, plus the negative sentiment it tends to receive on the board, I decided to go with Photo Drive only.

I could have said that both modes were available, but it'd make things a bit too broad, particularly considering the breadth of possibilities in Photo Drive alone.

Photo Travel alone would make things a little too rigid and I'd probably get chased out of town by anti-Photo Travel-ites hanging out the back of a pickup with country music playing! ;)

Happy snapping!

Edit - Slick, please edit first post to say that head- or tail-lights must be visible in the photo (before anyone asks ;)). Am I allowed to enter?

well I think the limitations of each mode balances each other out, ie there's stuff you can do in photo drive that you can't do in photo travel & vice versa. I wasn't aware of there being complaints about it, seems a bit silly really, but you've made your call.

FINAL ENTRY

Maybe you could say in the rules no safety car pics, because he always has his lights on

now this is going to be interesting if i do say so myself ! alot of tracks will be used and alot of cars so shud be fun !!!!

Final Entry

I know that it isn't the normal size of a photomode picture BUT he rules don't state that you can't crop the image to your will.

Some clarifications:

• Having multiple cars in a photo is acceptable.

• Headlights (or tail-lights) must be visible in the shot (basically no profile shots, for better or for worse).

• The Nissan Skyline Pace Car and the Nissan Skyline D1 car (with neons) are only eligible if within a lights-on environment (thanks, dustdriver).

I'll be back later in the week when I get my phone line connected at our new place!

Back