GT4 PhotoMode Competition: Week 25

• Thread starter Slick6
  • 199 comments
Swissbear
But then 440, just because it doesn't have stickers and numbers on it doesn't mean it's not a race car. Just picking on you here but the Black Beauties don't have stickers or numbers on them but they are race cars. :lol:

:cheers:

Yeah, but those 4 get special exceptions! They are secrect cars that are being secretly tested! HaHa!:)

I understand why my NSX-R prototype LM, didnt qualify....but I think the viper fits the criteria.IMO

Swissbear
The Viper GTSR is not a race car. Never was, never will be. The car is the next evolution of the Viper coupe. The R doesn't designate it as a race car. If that were the case then the general public wouldn't be able to go to their local Dodge dealer and buy the original GTS-R off the showroom floor.

The R that's hung on the back of the GTS has about the same effect as hanging SS behind a Camaro or Chevelle. Mostly extra bodywork hung on the sides to make it look impressive. Maybe some suspension tunes and that's about it (especially with the later ones). So, don't put a whole lot of credence in what a car is called versus what it actually is.
Actually, the previous generation GTS-R WAS the race version of the GTS. The current name for the racing verion of the new viper is the Viper Competition Coupe. The name for the street-driven coupe version is the Viper SRT-10 Coupe. The GTSR Concept in the game was a concept showing the general design of the new-generation Viper before the SRT-10 roadster was ever shown. The GTS-R concept came out years ago and was definitely never raced. However, it does bear a striking resemblance to the new club-racing version of the current Viper. But the fact remains that the GTS-R concept in the game was NOT a race car, was never raced, and was in fact a concept for the current generation street-going Viper. BTW, you can't go in and buy a GTS-R, because it doesn't exist. There is no more "GTS", unfortunately.

JTSnooks
Actually, the previous generation GTS-R WAS the race version of the GTS. The current name for the racing verion of the new viper is the Viper Competition Coupe. The name for the street-driven coupe version is the Viper SRT-10 Coupe. The GTSR Concept in the game was a concept showing the general design of the new-generation Viper before the SRT-10 roadster was ever shown. The GTS-R concept came out years ago and was definitely never raced. However, it does bear a striking resemblance to the new club-racing version of the current Viper. But the fact remains that the GTS-R concept in the game was NOT a race car, was never raced, and was in fact a concept for the current generation street-going Viper. BTW, you can't go in and buy a GTS-R, because it doesn't exist. There is no more "GTS", unfortunately.

YUP!:) And I love the new SRT-10 Coupe! I have a big poster of it that I printed out hanging up in my room! The blue with the white stripes!:drool: 👍 👍 👍 But If there was a particular Viper I would ever want, it would be a 96' GTS Coupe! It was my first love!

Mine too...although I'd want mine in black :D But that's probably enough off-topicness.... as for your entry qualifying, we'll have to see if speedy changes his mind or not as he still has the final say in it :)

JTSnooks
Mine too...although I'd want mine in black :D But that's probably enough off-topicness.... as for your entry qualifying, we'll have to see if speedy changes his mind or not as he still has the final say in it :)

Final say or not, there is either right or wrong.

440 I would pm him if I were you.

Especially considering it doesn't really violate the rules. It doesn't even stretch them. The GTS-R was the concept car for the current Viper SRT-10. The closest thing it has to being a race car is the fact that it looks somewhat like the Competition Coupe and has the words GTS-R in it.

And plus, it's one of the best shots I have ever taken in GT4, and it's definetely one of the best thus far for week 25! To disqualify it or not pick it for that reason would be biased or discriminating or something!

440 CHARGER
And plus, it's one of the best shots I have ever taken in GT4, and it's definetely one of the best thus far for week 25! To disqualify it or not pick it for that reason would be biased or discriminating or something!

No doubt a great shot, but the theme is "the badge" and the badge is kinda small and kinda tough to make out ( you have to really look for it). Im not tring to be rude, but depending on how the judge goes through them....it may hurt you.

that said...I still think you'll get the final cut :dopey:

440 CHARGER
Are you sure about that Speedy??? So what you are saying is that an Integra Type R, Civic Type R, and any other car that has an R in it is a race car... Hmmm??? That car has no stickers or decals or numbers, and it's a concept, so how could it be a race car? Now if it was the GTS-R Competition Coupe, than it would be a race car. But I have never know the GTS-R to be raced in the form it is in in GT4. If you are going to DQ me, I probably will not resubmitt another entry, cause the GTS-R is not a race car!

Okay, I can admit when I am wrong. Thank you to everyone who has corrected me on my incorrect assumption. The Viper GTSR is in!

To my taste it's a really good pic, but it doesn't fit the theme.

I'm sure that if it makes it into the top 20, it will win.

People don't vote for the theme, they vote for the best pic period.

Think about that.

Div is back
To my taste it's a really good pic, but it doesn't fit the theme.

I'm sure that if it makes it into the top 20, it will win.

People don't vote for the theme, they vote for the best pic period.

Think about that.

I agree....but I, peronally take the theme into concideration before I vote...I dont just pick the "best" one...

Some of us do, some of us are really into this comp, but others just look for the eye candy, the average bob will not vote like us.

vr6gti72
I agree....but I, peronally take the theme into concideration before I vote...I dont just pick the "best" one...

Indeed. That's the way to vote.

And div, so what if he's gonna win. It's a nice pic isn't it?

Most of the votes in the competitions seem to come from competitors anyway, and if his picture doesn't fit the theme it won't get picked for the top 20. I vote for the one that looks the best while still fitting the theme in an interesting way. And you can see the badge on the front fender of the car, you just can't read it because the size is too small. I wouldn't worry about it, Div, especially considering how nice your picture looks ;) I'm sure any pic speedy puts in the top 20 will deserve to win :)

Div is back
Some of us do, some of us are really into this comp, but others just look for the eye candy, the average bob will not vote like us.

I think you've got it right there, Div

i vote for the "eye candy", but, i presume that the 20 that make it in all fit the theme as the person who picked the theme also picks the top 20. or im i presuming too much?

Div is back
Valken's don't show up for me too.

I was seeing it this morning and now it's no longer showing up. I also have trouble accessing my images on ImageShack lately, so I believe the issue is on their end.

Anyway, I reuploaded my entry on another server in hopes it doesn't broke up too.

Swissbear
The Viper GTSR is not a race car. Never was, never will be. The car is the next evolution of the Viper coupe. The R doesn't designate it as a race car. If that were the case then the general public wouldn't be able to go to their local Dodge dealer and buy the original GTS-R off the showroom floor.

false.

The GTS-R is the lemans race car.
there never was a street legal gts-r
there was a turn-key race car you could get in 1995-ish... (this is the car that oreca raced in white livery from gt2, then the red paint it had later in the 90's)

the only other viper to ever have GTS-R in the title was the concept car.
which is also not a street car.

full stop.

Div is back
Where does it classify then?

I want sources that prooves me it isn't a road car.

no concept car is street legal.

oh, and all you had to do to find concrete proof that the old GTS-R was race only is google it.

here's a popular mechanics article
http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/motor_sports/1268896.html?page=2&c=y

Back in 1995, Chrysler introduced the Dodge Viper GTS-R, a limited-production racing car intended for FIA GT-class competition. The standard powertrain was a 525-hp 8.0-liter V10, with 650- or 750-hp engines available as optional equipment. It was designed to be a serious competition car for the world's greatest races, the 24 Hours of Daytona, the 12 Hours of Sebring and the 24 Hours of LeMans. The GTS-R was a factory-built race car for professional racing teams.

Wait, are we talking about the same car here?

Since the Viper concept is NOT a race car, it's a road car RIGHT?

Even if it's a concept, I think speedy will accept it, I mean, we don'T accept race cars because we don't want to see stickers, get over it.

as a viper fan, i'm just combatting the flow of mis-information.

concept cars are not race cars... but its not a road car either. its a concept car.
however the rules this week say "no race cars"; so technically its fine.

but the picture in question is pretty far from "on-topic" so i don't see where the car in it matters at all.

Back