GT4 PhotoMode Competition: Week 25

• Thread starter Slick6
  • 199 comments
Dr_Watson
but the picture in question is pretty far from "on-topic" so i don't see where the car in it matters at all.

As are half of the entries in here! Geez, for all I do and have done for this thing (the competition that is), and to be disregarded like a newb! MAN!:) I tried hard to get that shot, and it has the badge, and it looks good, AND IT'S NOT A RACE CAR! And what do you mean it's pretty far from "on-topic"??? Just because I did'nt zoom in on the badge does not make it "pretty far from "on-topic""! I could do some minor cropping, resubmitt that shot, and that would put an end to this discussion, but than it would not look as good. I guess we will find out! If speedy likes it and wants it in the show, it will be there! If not, oh well!:indiff:

I'm not sure why you reposted all that information Dr. Watson. I'm pretty sure we'd already established that it was a concept car, not a race car, and was not available for sale. As for the previous generation GTS-R, that really has no relevance to the pic, except for the likely confusion it would cause...or did cause, I guess. And whether the picture focuses on the badge enough is up to Speedy, not us :)

FINAL ENTRY

Inspired by ///M-Spec's avatar:

yehaa60sn.jpg

HONOURABLE MENTIONS

Some really great stuff this week - and I really wanted to enter this comp, but my PS2 is out of action - lent a "spare" lead to a friend, and accidently gave him the RCA-->SCART adaptor. If my ebay one doesnt come soon, I can't enter... :ill:

440 CHARGER
As are half of the entries in here! Geez, for all I do and have done for this thing (the competition that is), and to be disregarded like a newb! MAN!:)
Please don't take too much of this personally, but what have you done? I mean the thread you set up for attracting votes is great and all, but other than that...?
440 CHARGER
I tried hard to get that shot, and it has the badge, and it looks good, AND IT'S NOT A RACE CAR!
Everyone tries very hard, and yes indeedy it looks good.
440 CHARGER
And what do you mean it's pretty far from "on-topic"??? Just because I did'nt zoom in on the badge does not make it "pretty far from "on-topic""!
I can barely see the badge like others are unable to.
440 CHARGER
I could do some minor cropping, resubmitt that shot, and that would put an end to this discussion, but than it would not look as good.
Yes you could and should, because if a picture like that was picked on a poll highlighting badges, I would never vote for it.
440 CHARGER
I guess we will find out! If speedy likes it and wants it in the show, it will be there! If not, oh well!:indiff:
I guess we will. 440, I'm not trying to be mean, but please remember you are participating in a competition on an internet video game forum where no prizes are awarded. Just lighten up a little and have more fun with it. ;)

the viper GTS-R is a concept or preproduction car.. in this game, its a concept, not a race-car.. in reality, it the Viper Competition Coupe, not GTS-R; In this case, i believe the GTS-R should be allowed. There were no rules stating that a concept car [that happens to be in production now] is not allowed.

440--its a nice shot, but [imo] the wheels wreck it :ouch:

JTSnooks
As for the previous generation GTS-R, that really has no relevance to the pic, except for the likely confusion it would cause...or did cause, I guess.

it has plenty of relevence based on the fact i was replying to the posts stating the GTSR "was never a racecar"; when in fact, thats all it was.
The information was also related to the flood of misinformation claiming the -R after GTS was nothing but a trim package and hondafied marketing. When in reality the R denotes the Race version. This is also why the corvette race version is the C5R, and the DB9 race version is the DBR9. Tacking an R on the back of a car is usually only crap if its from japan.

440 CHARGER
I tried hard to get that shot, ... and it looks good,

yes, it does look good, i never said it didn't.

440 CHARGER
And what do you mean it's pretty far from "on-topic"??? Just because I did'nt zoom in on the badge does not make it "pretty far from "on-topic""!

I mean the fact that I can only see the embossed viper logo on the quarter panel because i know its there. Had I never seen that car before I would have to ask someone where the badge is.

Good choice of car rong! 👍 Volvos definitely have The Badge! Let's get the other one here too:

My final entry

pm25prev3wq.jpg

Will this do??? You can clearly see the badge in this one! That is, you can see the ring that says GT in it, but you can't really see the GT.

FINAL ENTRY!

My Preview Image

spykerdriver
Altop, it looks the Volvo is floating in the clouds.

Great shot you & 440.

Lol, it probably does. :D Actually that IS a cloud (of snow). Anyway, I'll just leave it as it is, let's hope speedy likes his volvos that way. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :P

Back