GT4 Poll 3: Returning Rally cars POLL CLOSED/images removed

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sambert
  • 43 comments
  • 2,087 views

Select a rally car from GTC/GT3 that you would most like to see in GT4


  • Total voters
    96
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sambert

Backsliden Member
Premium
Messages
1,314
Australia
Australia
Poll three allows you to select a rally car from GTC/GT3 that you would most like to see in GT4.

Note: I have deliberately omitted the Escudo. Further, I have decided against making separate categories for the EVO and Impreza prototype cars. Finally, the Stratos has been omitted, as it was not selectable without a hack.

Poll closed/images removed
 
I want all of them. All current WRC (plus a few retred ones, all with proper paint jobs) a few major Group A cars like Makinen's Lancer and the Toyota GT-Four, a heap of Group B turbocharged nightmares (I know the Delta S4, Peugeot 305 T16 E2 and Renault 5 Maxi Turbo are in), classics like the Stratos, and maybe even some of the still-born Group S machines.

Might sound a bit greedy, but hey.
 
Hyundai Accent for its impeccable racing pedigree 💡
 
"Subaru Impreza (buy eyed) " :lol:

I hope 4 includes a buncha old-school rally cars
 
I've always liked the Celica rally car for some inexplicable reason, seeing as I wasn't really interested in rally racing until years after the Celica stopped competing plus I always hated the Corolla rally car. I keep hoping Toyota will enter the WRC again and make a new Celica rally car, but seeing as they have shown no interest in rally racing in recent years, and the fact that the Celica looks like it is going to be replaced by the Scion tC, I guess my dream will never come true.
 
My personal favorite is the Peugeot 206, I can waltz through all the Rally races in that thing.
 
Civicbus
"Subaru Impreza (buy eyed) " :lol:


Hmm, that’ll confuse them. Unfortunately I can’t edit that typo. Bug not Buy people…:cheers:

Edit: thanks for the fix Punk Rock
 
EVO VI, aka the MakinenMobile. :)

Though I can't wait for the 205T16 and the R5, obviously.
 
PunkRock: Why race the 205T16 when you can race the 205T16 Evolution 2!!! An extra years development made it into the definitive Group B rally machine (unfortunately the RS200 different have that development opportunity). Oh well your choice is your choice.

Samberto: Or shall we called you Mr Poll, or Pollman, maybe Poll King... I bet you were the brain behind the UK's Poll Tax... you could get a poll into any subject matter!!!

As for this poll, I'm divided between, Toyota Corolla, Peugeot 206, Subaru (both), Citroen Xsara and the Lancia... and I don't think I'll be able to decide!!!

So just add 0.1667 votes to each at the end of the poll!!! :D
 
Love the Lancia Delta...

C.
 
The topic is about rally cars from GT3 and the only GT I've never played as of this date, GT Concept. Here's my two cents and then some:

I love the agility of the Peugeot 206. It's a shame GT3 didn't have the 406, but the 206 is still a very nice offering and still has loads of handling prowess and just enough oversteer to slide it out any way you like (anyone dare tried drifting with it?). The Xsara has to be the meanest-sounding rally car. It's a nice front-drive machine in the game. In fact, it's the most powerful and most capable FF car I have in GT3. I wanted to use it in the Professional FF class race because I had nothing really capable to race with. I've loved the Impreza because of its racing prowess, and I'm a bit of a Impreza man than a Lancer man. The Lancer has many evolutions and almost all of them have owned in rally racing. The Escort was a turn-off for me. The taillights looked too much like an early-mid 1990s BMW, its performance was so-so, and I just really didn't get into it. My least favorite is the Corolla WRC even though this Corolla looks better than the latest Corolla here in the States. But my gripes with the Corolla? I think it lacked power, handling, and was just pretty dull to me. I've thought Lancia made an ugly duckling in the form of the Delta. While it's ugly, it's a very impressive-handling car. Take it to a road course and rip things up. Never had so much control on a road course. It would best be suited to mid-length tracks with very tight corners (Monte Carlo, perchance).

I have a hard time believing the RSC is a car. It looks like a Dakar truck (of course, the SUVs to us are known as "cars" in this series). I think it's too aggressive to be seen as a car. But it should be interesting to race. The Accent seems like a nice car. If you want a sporty Korean car, the Lancer Rally Car may be for you. The CZ3 is nice, kind of cute, and perhaps a good machine.

What would I want to have for rally cars in GT4? I'll reply sometime later about that. Oh, I didn't answer the question yet! I'd want to see the...

FROM GT3: 206 WRC/Citroen Xsara (tie)
FROM CONCEPT: RSC
OVERALL PICK: 206 WRC, or the Delta
 
The Queen.....
 

Attachments

  • Delta.jpg
    Delta.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 26
Is that an Evolutione?

Man I love those cars, although there a pain in the arse to keep running in the UK. I knew someone who owned a Yellow LHD one.

Edit:!
Hmm aaaanyway.

I'd like to see the Escort RS Cosworth Rally car back and i'd like to see the Current Focus WRC, not the old 1999 one. Oh and a bloody RS200.

Cosworth powah 4 lyfe y0!!!!!!!11111111111111 :p
 
I can't wait for the next poll...

Which I guess will be the debuting Rally cars for GT4...

So many to chose from... the 205, the Renault 5, The RS200, The Stratos...

Oh baby... which one to chose...

@John - The Delta maybe ugly but it is one hell of a car... In prologue it is truly awesome... the last test is doing Citta D'Aria in the Delta... Quality test... Some amazingly tight bends... lots of hill climbing and sooooo much tarmac and grip!!

C.
 
I’m glad that the stratos has been confirmed for GT4. hope the tires don’t show through the guards like they did in GT3. Got to love that Ferrari Dino V6:tup:
 

Attachments

  • LS.jpeg
    LS.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 41
  • Ls2.jpeg
    Ls2.jpeg
    27.2 KB · Views: 26
yeti
I can't wait for the next poll...

Which I guess will be the debuting Rally cars for GT4...

So many to chose from... the 205, the Renault 5, The RS200, The Stratos...

Oh baby... which one to chose...

@John - The Delta maybe ugly but it is one hell of a car... In prologue it is truly awesome... the last test is doing Citta D'Aria in the Delta... Quality test... Some amazingly tight bends... lots of hill climbing and sooooo much tarmac and grip!!

C.

It's not ugly, it's a beautiful box.

Seriously I do love the look of the thing, especially in Evolutione form it looks very poised and menacing,
 
Controversy... I just gave the Mitsu CZ3 it's first vote... it's only thus far been in GTConcept, but it's mighty quick and handles like a dream (although the handling on Concept is different to GT3/4 slightly (more drifty)), but this thing goes like a rocket on rally courses... it also comes in a choice of livery colours, which make it look significantly different each time, a feature I particularly want to see more of!

Still, I'm also looking forward to the Lancia Stratos (never used it before) and the Lancia Delta S4... :crazy:

TM
 
Touring Mars
Controversy... I just gave the Mitsu CZ3 it's first vote... it's only thus far been in GTConcept, but it's mighty quick and handles like a dream (although the handling on Concept is different to GT3/4 slightly (more drifty)), but this thing goes like a rocket on rally courses... it also comes in a choice of livery colours, which make it look significantly different each time, a feature I particularly want to see more of!

Still, I'm also looking forward to the Lancia Stratos (never used it before) and the Lancia Delta S4... :crazy:

TM


Hello TM, being able to switch the colour of CZ-3 is appreciated, yet the body styling is arguably quite frumpy. Interestingly, the available liveries are almost identical to the race mod designs of the FTOs in GT2.

If my memory serves me correctly, the CZ is lighter in weight rather than more powerful than the other rally cars in GTC.

Edit: average of 30 kg difference. Make mine green...
 
Civicbus
"Subaru Impreza (buy eyed) " :lol:

I hope 4 includes a buncha old-school rally cars
A la Group B? I have this very, very nice book by German ace rally lensman Reinhard Klien that details the world's most most historic rally cars. Here's a few for us to hope for:

LANCIA RALLY 037: 1982-1986 - 2111cc engine producing 325bhp. Weighs 960kg.
PEUGEOT 205 TURBO 16 E2: 1985-1986 - 1775cc turbocharged engine proucing 450+ bhp (some estimates put it colser to 530bhp). Weighs 910kg.
AUDI QUATTRO E2: 1985-1986 - 2110cc turbocharged, producing 550bhp. Weighs 1090kg.
RENAULT 5 MAXI TURBO: 1985-1986 - 1527cc turbocharged, producing 350bhp. weighs 905kg.
LANCIA DELTA S4: 1985-1986 - 1795cc super-and-turbocharged charged, producing 450bhp. Weighs 890kg. Sadly, Henri Toivonen had his fatal accident in this car :'(
MG METO 6R4: 1985-1986 - 2991cc producing 380bhp. Weighs 1040kg. Designed by Williams F1 team.
FORD RS200: 1986 - 1804cc turbocharged, producing 420bhp. Weighs 1140kg.

Special mention also to: TOYOTA MR2 and OPEL KADETT. Little is known about these two cars in particular and the still-born Group S category because after poor Henri Toivonen's death in Corsica, they and Group B were banned on the spot due to safety fears. Lower on power than Group B, they were built of similar materials to Formula 1 cars and had great potential - everyone from Skoda to Ford and GM had shown interest in the class. But their ban left a cloud of uncertainty over rallying with many wondering what might have become of the sport if they were allowed in.

Now, for something a little more on-topic: I think that if the Ford Focus is put in, it should at least have Christian Loriaux's body modifications attached. And get paintwork that's close to the real thing because they sort of look lame when they don't look like rally cars.

And put the 307 in.
 
I read somewhere just recently that in 1986 when Group B were at there peak, that during the Portugal round of the Rally Championship that ran a stage around Estoril, a F1 GP circuit at the time, the quickest Group B was around 4-4.5secs slower than the F1 qualifying time and would've qualifed 6th or something(around 1:14.00 vs 1:18.5 if I remember correctly).

http://home.planet.nl/~koper193/groupb.html
http://www.stormloader.com/groupb/
 
id love to see all those rally cars and more in gt4. Im hoping to see the AUDI S1 QUATTRO in gt4 too, along with the rs200s and maxi turbos.
 
Lets hope that this little fella reappears in GT4.
 

Attachments

  • gt-concept-2002-tokyo-geneva-18.jpg
    gt-concept-2002-tokyo-geneva-18.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 34
Lancia Delta HF Integrale

Gets my vote, the most succesful WRC car of all time (6 WRC championship titles) and the road version is still to this day one of the fastest point to point road cars you can get.
 
the 2 best IMO: scooby doo (sorry, old habit :)) impreza and lancer evo 6, i had great fun in both drifting around Grand valley :):):)
 
Looks like I'm the only one that's voted for the Corolla. :) I love it as a rally car, and find it really nimble. I not that keen on it as a normal road car. Just shows what a body kit and paint job can do. ;) :)

I hope the 80,s group B rally cars are in. The short wheelbase Quattro, the RS 200 and the Metro 6R4 are the one's I've got my fingers crossed for. :)

Obviously the Xsara will be the 4WD version, but why not both. :)

I think Suzuki will want their Ignis (ugly car :yuck: ) in, which is doing well in the Junior WRC, seeing as the don't have that many cars. ;) And if that is in, then that opens the door for the other 2WD rally cars from Ford, Renault, Opel and Fiat.
 
Peugeot 206. 👍
 
As the RSC will be the new RAV, and the CZ3 the new Colt, there is no chance that they might reappear. :grumpy:
 
Stratos all the way 👍
 
I prefer the Citroën Xsara Kit Car (because that's the car they modelled in GT3). Definitely different from the WRC cars with its FWD, power at high rpm, and light weight.

I once read that the Citroën engineers designed the FWD to drive like a 4WD, with the intention that the pilot would even not feel the difference ... well it took some time before I discovered that it was not the WRC, but the kit car, in GT3. Did you? :)
 
Subaru Impreza Rally Car (2 door) and Lancia Delta...thoose two are rally legends! 👍
I like Peugeot 206 to!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back