Gt4 Prologue Pal is out

• Thread starter Soman
  • 185 comments
Originally posted by Race Idiot
I've done that in the Asian version of the game.

Go drive the Viper with the road tyres, it takes about 5 miles to stop the damn thing. But it's still awesome. Each car has it's own braking distance, which was quite disconcerting for me initialy.

I must try that viper with road tyres, all the other cars I tested for lock up didn't freeze any of the wheels (using road tyres). They made a screeching sound though, and seem to take longer than they should to stop....

After some more testing (with Chinese version) there seems to be no lockup. I tried the Viper with no aids and on street tyres, and the car stops quicker with full pressure on Brake, meaning there was no lockup. Braking at the point where there was little to no tyre screech (around 90-95%) meant a longer braking distance.

I also tried to see steering response under full pressure (if there was lockup, you wouldn't be able to turn the car a lot of course), and that shows no signs of lockup. Of course, turn in was quicker with brake pressure at around 90% (see Arwins Citta run to see what I mean).

I've yet to try the PAL, I'll be ordering it soon.

I don't think there is any brake lockup, I think there is something that comes close to it. But it isn't actual brake lockup.

Back