Gt4 Prologue Pal is out

• Thread starter Soman
  • 185 comments
Mine has shipped today, It should be here tomorow. .What are other people paying for theres in aust??? Im in Perth and it was like $53 inc frieght

Apparently many stores here (in the Netherlands) sell it for no less than 45 euro, but if you check a site like www.play.com you'll see it for 18 pound including delivery. That's almost half the price. I smell a rip-off. :D

man, i cant wait any longer here in the Netherlands :(
They say the release date is next friday but i will hope it will be sold earlyer like today :D..... oh my god please release me from my pain!!

I didn't think the game would be that expensive. 50 Euros is close to 50 American dollars. Ouch.

I can't see it coming here to America anymore. Nobody here in the US will pay that much for a game demo. Especially if the original game will be released within just a few months.

What would've been smart to do was announce that GT4 would be delayed until November at the time Asia was getting GT4p. Then, release the game here in the US with some GTC tracks and cars. If Sony did this in Febuary, it would have sold a million copies easily. Not only that but they could have charged full price for the game, too.

No wonder Sony are losing money.

Originally posted by remmahegdels
man, i cant wait any longer here in the Netherlands :(
They say the release date is next friday but i will hope it will be sold earlyer like today :D..... oh my god please release me from my pain!!

not god, but www.gameshop-powerplay.nl in Amsterdam just called me to say my copy is ready and waiting for me ...

Special Reserve have just let me know my copy has been dispatched today by 1st class post. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

:mad: When I sent an email yesterday to the online store, They said that they sent it, and that I'll receive it tomorrow(TODAY!!) I checked my mail and it DIDN'T come with the other mail. That got to suck, sent an email complaining... I need the game today :D

Initial impressions - yeah, it is pretty short. I'm probably 65% of the way through the licenses, with about a third gold, a third silver, and a third bronze, after only a ouple of attempts.

Feedback through the GT Driving Force Pro is excellent, with different feedback on different surfaces - race kerbing gives differing feedback to the footpaths of the Italian street course, and gravel is different to grass.

Sound is much improved, with engines sounding more realistic, but also ambient sound has improved - an example is the change in the pitch of the gravel roar when braking on the rally courses.

Handling does seem much improved, in terms of both the physics engine and the wheel. Gravel handling seems improved and more realistic.

Graphics are a step up - PD seem to have focused much of their attention to the reflective surfaces of the cars, which seems clearer and more realistic. Car shapes seem more clearly defined, particularly when racing. AI seems somewhat better, without the 'drones in a line' that we've seen previously.

I've copped my first 10 second penalties at New York, too - can't say I'm a fan, since the two incidents (where I clipped the barrier at the apex) saw me penalised for speed anyway, to cop 10 secs at 50kmh was salt into wounds.

....and I've had my first monumental crash. I was running by myself at the Italian street course, and came over the crest of the hill at about 160kmh in the old 240Z, only to realise the course veered left sharply. Smack!

I got mine today.

Initial impressions, it's cr*p.

The handling of the cars, at least for me with a DualShock is awful. The cars understeer. The steering is slow. The handbrake doesn't seem to work on the rally course, or very much on normal tracks, and if go sideways, 50% of the time the engine dies for some reason.

The Italian course is too narrow, and at least for me, no fun. The rally track is also too narrow, and combined with the slow steering and "sometime" engine cutout on corners, has me bouncing off the virtual walls or stopping dead. It is one thing to bounce off a piece of tape or a rock, but to bounce off grass.:confused: The edge of the rally track has gaps between the tape barriers looking over the edge into the Grand Canyon, which of course you also bounce off. You bounce off a gap in the fence.

The 2 tarmac tracks are boring and unimaginative. And also very similar in feel. The New York track is OK, but only OK. That seems to be the track that has been worked on the most graphically. Although it is quite short.

I hope the change in handling won't be changed this much for the full Sim part of the game. Otherwise they will **** GT up real bad.

I would advise anyone to try before you buy. Seriously.

Good game. End of story. :D

Would anyone (non-pal user etc) be interrested in the footage from the dvd that came with the package?

I just finished my 2 hour Prologue session and i must say i like it,i like it a lot.The controls(physics) are much better compared to GT 3.The car sounds are very good aswell.The only gripe is that it's a bit short,i finished the School mode in 3 hours(mostly bronze and silver,only 3 golds).The cars look better,most of the tracks are pretty good.Fuji is kind of boring,but it looks very much like in real life.
The bottom line,i like Prologue.

redhed, did you say New York was "quite short"? Are you playing the same game as everyone else? Because New York is kind of semi-long-ish in my version...And they can't have you free roaming the canyon area or falling off cliffs, so what do you expect from the Grand Canyon course?

GTChamp, try getting all golds. That'll lengthen up the game a bit.

did you guys notice the new video-footage in prologe of
nurburgring?.. BMW M5 and Skyline at the ring :)

very nice!.

also thinks there is new music.

Originally posted by redhed17
I got mine today.

Initial impressions, it's cr*p.

The handling of the cars, at least for me with a DualShock is awful. The cars understeer. The steering is slow. The handbrake doesn't seem to work on the rally course, or very much on normal tracks, and if go sideways, 50% of the time the engine dies for some reason.

The Italian course is too narrow, and at least for me, no fun. The rally track is also too narrow, and combined with the slow steering and "sometime" engine cutout on corners, has me bouncing off the virtual walls or stopping dead. It is one thing to bounce off a piece of tape or a rock, but to bounce off grass.:confused: The edge of the rally track has gaps between the tape barriers looking over the edge into the Grand Canyon, which of course you also bounce off. You bounce off a gap in the fence.

The 2 tarmac tracks are boring and unimaginative. And also very similar in feel. The New York track is OK, but only OK. That seems to be the track that has been worked on the most graphically. Although it is quite short.

I hope the change in handling won't be changed this much for the full Sim part of the game. Otherwise they will **** GT up real bad.

I would advise anyone to try before you buy. Seriously.
you want advice?
buy a game you like.

the improvement in handling and behaviour of the car is great, wheels lock under full break and if you accelerate to early or heavy, the car understeers.
like cars normally do in real life.

and new york track isn´t short, you need around 1´50 on street tires with some car like the Nismo Z Z-Tune.

as for Citta di Aria should be to narrow:
maybe you should try to drive within the car and of course, your limit.

I think he might be looking for Need For Speed Underground, so if you dont like it dont play it. BTW: i got my copy of the UK Pal version today, in computer exchange. Also for unlocking the BMW M5, do you have to unlock just one set of golds, get 1000 points or get all golds?:confused:

Based on what I went through last night, the handling of the road cars is more realistic than previously. Front drive road cars understeer, and that's pretty well what they do in GT4P. The MX-5 is a hoot around Tsukuba, with nice, progressive oversteer available out of corners under power - much like the real car.

The game does have a differing feel to it, though. Much of the menu and incidental music is pretty well straight from GT Concept, and they've brightened up alot of the menus and icons.

Ooh forgive me if I'm not heaping praise on the game. Someone has an opinion you don't like so you resort to personal attacks.

I've been playing GT games since GT1 came out in Japan, and I got my PS chipped to play that, and later the Japanese GT2 as well. I even got a job in a game shop because of my knowledge of GT1. So I think GT is my kind of game.

Until you buy a game, you don't know for certain if your going to like it. You can have hope and positive expectations. But until you, yourself get hands on, you can't be sure.

I've liked all the other GT games, and have spent over a 2 years in total of combined non stop gameplay. 6 Months on GT1 alone, until the UK version arrived. I thought I would just like the new improvements. Which is why it is such a shock how bad this feels to me.

I say things how I see them, I'm sorry it doesn't fit in with everyone else. But I am hugely disappointed, and thought some people may like to know that not everyone thinks it is the best thing ever.

So to all the small minded people, let the personal attacks continue.

Back