• 353 comments

Kent

Retired
Staff Emeritus
United States
Southern Louisiana
GTP_Kent
Welcome to the WRS.
The information should follow the menus of GT4, if there are any questions feel free to ask them.

Arcade Mode: Time Trial

Track :
El Capitan : Reverse

Car:
NISMO​
Fairlady Z S-tune concept by GT (Z33) '02

Driving Options: Driver's choice
Tranny: Either
Driving Aids: Any
Tires: Any

Quick Tune-up:
Full Tune: Any Settings: +20%hp & -10%kg​

Rules:
Only discuss "T" times
Clean OLR Standards
2 wheels on track at all times
Rumble Strips are part of the track
No wall riding
No wall touching
No short cutting
No hybrids
No Cheating of any kind
Save your best lap ghost
Submit the time listed in the ghost replay file name

Time Verification:
-The division 1 winner each week will be required to submit with verification.
-All divisions of racers are subject to a request of time verification, however, this does not mean all racers will be required to submit verification for each race.
-Once a request for the verification of a time has been made the racer in question must comply.
-Any request of verification must addressed by the racer in question with in 3 days of the request or the time in question will be removed from the database as well as the WRS results.

Deadline: Before Monday april 11th
No times will be accepted after Monday 12:00am EST = Monday 5:00am GMT
http://www.worldtimezone.com/daylight.html

Time Submission:
Send your final time to me using a Private Message.

Good luck with the new game and all of the new changes. :cheers:

(today was the start of daylight savings "DST"... right about now it should be midnight in new york... "EST") (that means 1 week from right now is the deadline) ;)

Nice!

EDIT: NTSC-J users this car is the Nismo Fairlady Z S-tune concept by GT (Z33) '02 - The one without the garish Nismo graphics and the rear spoiler.

Woohoo! Any tires, huh? I have a feeling as to what most people are going to choose. :sly:

Edit: Divisions? - whoop, they are posted, but I'm not on the list yet. =\

I hope I get time this week to do this...

So am I right in saying that everybody will go with the softest tyres ... or am I missing something ... ? haha :sly:

Nice combo kent, should get a few runs in later today 👍

I'm kinda confused about the car, is it the red-white-blue race car wich you win from the Japanese championship in the PAL version or is it a car that you buy a the dealer? :indiff:

Great track, my favorit 👍

Great combo Kent :)

Cheers,

The races are in Arcade mode ... thus is the car not listed there by default under Nissan/Nismo ? Please confirm for me as well ... as far as I know Kent chooses races where the cars are standard arcade cars ... we don't need to win any ... :)

Is there any point in participate in to that combo if i'm not listed on any division ? :(
If there is then I have one more question: are those track and car available from the very beginning (I'm at work and can't check it)? cos I have only about 8% done (u know im not in a mood to play games at this time :/ ) and it may take some time to get them.

Nice combo, although I hate any Reverse track. The car is nice thought and I'm looking forward to start racin'

kragbees
The races are in Arcade mode ... thus is the car not listed there by default under Nissan/Nismo ? Please confirm for me as well ... as far as I know Kent chooses races where the cars are standard arcade cars ... we don't need to win any ... :)

I was confused too at first. Reading to damn fast took me to the Nissan Dealer. :dunce:

The car is listed under nismo, like Kent wrote in the first post. The PAL name is NISMO Fairlady Z S-tune concept by GRAN TURISMO (Z33) '02, which kensei stated to be the NTSC-J name too.

villainpl
Is there any point in participate in to that combo if i'm not listed on any division ?
If there is then I have one more question: are those track and car available from the very beginning (I'm at work and can't check it)? cos I have only about 8% done (u know im not in a mood to play games at this time :/ ) and it may take some time to get them.

Welcome to the WRS villainpl. :)

If you have raced the qualification race AND you have submitted your time to Kent, go ahead and race with us. 👍

Track is available from day 1 and I think the car is too. At least I don't recall unlocking it anywhere.

Loox like i better get something sent in as a qualifier time then, otherwise im gonna miss this, and i intend to compete in every race this year...

Look out Div 2!!!!

hehe

I did a quick 15 laps.

T1 - 38.537
T2 - 1'19.882

I've got a good second or more that I can get out of the time. The first section of the track is a little difficult to handle in this car but I'm getting there.

Blake

A 15min session or so, got to know the track and lines, and this is my best clean lap so far, still lots and lots of time left on the track.

T1: 35.708
T2: 1'18.836

Great times guys. 👍

My first session:

1'20.742

Great combo. Very fun driving the Fairlady on the bumpy road. :D

@Small_Fryz. You T1 looks a little strange. Maybe a typo? Or else you do lose a lot up to the T2.

Yeah that T1 is a little fast looking, if it's correct then wow! You could get loads of time out of the lap if that T1 is right.

Blake

Dont forget that he is fast for a vertically challenged cardboard tray of fattilly cooked potato slices.

Its quite possible he nailed the first T time before getting around any more of the course, such is the way of the chips....

Yes, but 3 seconds by T1 is a bigger margin that I would expect after 15 minutes....

Blake

The leaderboard is up! :D

Give Small_Fryz a chance to respond, guys. He lives in Australia, so he's sleeping if he knows what's good for him ;) I haven't driven it to be able to say if that T1's a typo or not, but I can assure you that if it's not right, it's an honest mistake. 👍

He's awake, its just he had to give up his pc this evening so someone else could use it, i have it on good authority that he will be lapping El Capitan, and more time will be off of the T's posted when he sneaks back to the desk to post.

He is a very talented fast food snack, u know.

Oh and congrats and many thanx on the leaderboard Luxy, as ever you are seriously on form!!

Luxy
The leaderboard is up! :D

Give Small_Fryz a chance to respond, guys. He lives in Australia, so he's sleeping if he knows what's good for him ;) I haven't driven it to be able to say if that T1's a typo or not, but I can assure you that if it's not right, it's an honest mistake. 👍
Controller = DS2 ;)

Blake

Back