GT4 WRS Week 1: Start Your Engines!

• Thread starter Kent
  • 353 comments
well... i didn't have much time for this one this week because of school and work. but i finally sat down and had a true session and here are the results:

T1: 37.023 ----> i have saw one 36.8 but i screwed it up on the following corner.
T2: 1'16.546 --> had a 1'16.4 but i also screwed it up, this time in the last corner lol.

great race guys, can't wait to see some results.

i submitted my time,

1'16.8xx T2.

also if you are a PAL user www.playasia.com ships from Hong Kong to other countries, the best cheapest price i could find on the net that ship to Australia. Took 4 days, i highly recomend it 👍. There are a few of sites that are cheaper than playasia but only ship to UK, so make sure the site you find ships to your country.

Time submitted:

T1: 37.934
T2: 1'18.439

I did less than 15 laps and have these crap times! I just didn't have enough time to put in more laps. :grumpy: Hopefully give you guys some more competition next week.

Ish... my first laps at El Capitan Reverse....

T1 = About 38.599
T2 = About 1:18.5 - 1:19.2 (don't remember exactly)

Well, looks like this Race is over, for what concerns me.

I have just run 10 more laps, with the only outcome of getting a final best lap time ~0.200 slower than the one previously done.

I can't be bothered running on this track anymore, plus the deadline is only 1 hour 20 minutes away.

Time submitted.

Hopefully WRS 002 will be a little more enjoyable than this one has been :D

The Wizard.

Time Submitted....uggh!

The past few days have been some of the most frustrating of my GT OLR experience. Since Wednesday night I have run maybe 250 laps in this combo trying to beat my best time and reach my goal time. Thats almost triple what i would normall spend on something like this. I never did! I ran so much I have a painful blister on my left hand from my DFP (wha-wha for me right?). The thing that kills me is I am submitting a time with sectors of 37.5/1'17.1. The kicker is of those 250 laps a solid 180 were T1s of 37.2-4 and T2s of 1'17.0-1, 50 of those 250 were T1s around 37.1 and T2s around 1'16.8 but I never held it together in the T2 to the start/finish. The remaining 20 laps were anywhere between T1 36.8-37.0 and T2s between 1'16.5-1'16.8. I would always puss up and tense on the T2 to the line on those ending up with a final time slower than what I submitted.

I tried everything. Running with my DFP, a Ds2, a DF even a d-pad. I tried TC on (never got within 1.5secs of my submitted time with that) and both TC & ASM on (+3.0 for that). I tried mixing tires. I tried chasing my ghost. Chasing faster car ghost. Dirty ghosts. Slower car ghosts. No ghost....everything I could think of. Nothing.

I finally gave up last night when I ran 23 laps of 37.2/1'17.1 back to back to back to back. Consistent I am.

I could never figure out the line into the double right hander after T2. I know what the line should be but that little dip on entry threw me every single time. Either I'd loose too much speed or enter the hairpin to fast and loose my speed there.

I still love the circuit and love the Nismo car more. I don't think I'll be back to El Capitan for a while. Back to the easier (and greener) pastures of the Nordschleife (haha).

I'm already looking forward to next week, though I promised myself not to take it so damn personla if I can't reach my goal time.

BTW, I only missed my goal by under .250, which would still be 1-1.5secs off the winning D1 time anyway...if I would have nailed some of those good laps I would have cut .8 or so out of that.

uggh! That's racing. It's never over until it's over.

Nice write-out, kensei 👍

Entertaining, as well :D

It's amazing how much time you put into this. I never managed to get below 1'18 at T2, and I used to consider myself quite a good racer... until I saw all the 1'16's and 1'15's, that is :lol:

I can't make myself run that many laps on a track + car that I absolutely dislike like this one. We will see what the next race will reserve me. I just hope I will like the track more than this one and we will drive a little more forgiving car.

This race, in my opinion, was way too technical to make it a first - not mentioning the lenght of the track.

The Wizard.

Kensei I know exactly how you feel. This week I bet I've done 100 laps or so, only to improve by only .3 since wednesday or so. I could never repeat that 1'16.3 again, let alone a 1'15.7. I'm going to be eagerly awating the replays from the top guys to see where I lost all that time.

Thanks for the kudos guys! Makes me feel better.

Like I said I normally wouldn't run that many laps for something like this. I must have run 320 laps total all week on this. Normally for an OLR race I'd run 50-70 depending on the circuit and how hard it was for me to adapt to it.

This time what egged me on was the faster sectors I was getting time to time. I knew I had it in me to go faster. I kept telling myself all I needed to to was hit my marks and hold it together. That never happened.

What is nice about this series is there is always next week.

I didn't think this combo was that technical. It had a few corners you had to hit correctly for fast times but El Capitan is wide enough and flowing enough that beyond those 2 or 3 corners there was alot of fudge factor. I think what made this combo hard was the car. It actually drove better the faster you went. It was easier to throw around and put it where you want it. At low speeds it became sort of a pig. It's tendency not to like to trail brake and understeer if you tried didn't help. My driving style also tends to be one where I use the backend of the car. Probably from all the time I spend in RRs. THE BMW M3 was quite easy to let the tail hang out. This Nismo Z was too stable. It became nice with S1 tires in the back but then I lost too much time on the exits of the slow speed corners due to wheel spin.

Eitherway I feel I learned some stuff here, always good in OLR.

Let's try something not FR next week and in GT mode, shall we.

:)

kensei
Thanks for the kudos guys! Makes me feel better.

Like I said I normally wouldn't run that many laps for something like this. I must have run 320 laps total all week on this. Normally for an OLR race I'd run 50-70 depending on the circuit and how hard it was for me to adapt to it.

This time what egged me on was the faster sectors I was getting time to time. I knew I had it in me to go faster. I kept telling myself all I needed to to was hit my marks and hold it together. That never happened.

What is nice about this series is there is always next week.

I didn't think this combo was that technical. It had a few corners you had to hit correctly for fast times but El Capitan is wide enough and flowing enough that beyond those 2 or 3 corners there was alot of fudge factor. I think what made this combo hard was the car. It actually drove better the faster you went. It was easier to throw around and put it where you want it. At low speeds it became sort of a pig. It's tendency not to like to trail brake and understeer if you tried didn't help. My driving style also tends to be one where I use the backend of the car. Probably from all the time I spend in RRs. THE BMW M3 was quite easy to let the tail hang out. This Nismo Z was too stable. It became nice with S1 tires in the back but then I lost too much time on the exits of the slow speed corners due to wheel spin.

Eitherway I feel I learned some stuff here, always good in OLR.

Let's try something not FR next week and in GT mode, shall we.

:)

yer i agree somthin different than a fr car, they take some gettin used to especially for me because i love my 4wd cars, but i did like the el capitan track as ive just done the enduro on it a day before so i sorta got a lot of practice

My time was submitted. My best time was done quite awhile ago but it was saturday when I submitted it because I didn't want to turn it in late.

i had one last run today and i bet my best time by another 0.048

T1 36.781
T2 15.980

and a very good finish.

I submitted another p. message to Kent, but will he except it or is it too late?

I just sent in my time seeing as how I just noticed this thread, I don't have quite as good of times as some of you have but I'm proud of my lap :)

holl01
i had one last run today and i bet my best time by another 0.048

T1 36.781
T2 15.980

and a very good finish.

I submitted another p. message to Kent, but will he except it or is it too late?

Judging by the time on your post you should be OK 👍

I was planning on a long session today but got stuck helping out a friend instead.
Not happy with my submitted time, but seems lots of other people feel the same.

T2 was 1'17.4xx

See you all in week 2.

Not sure if you did ... I know they have changed the deadlines for the 2nd WRS ... but not sure of todays deadline ... CFM please tell us !? haha :)

I have a question for you NTSC-J version owners. I am wanting to get a replay device for the WRS. What is the best one to get? I could only seem to find the Action Replay 2 v2 for the Japanese version. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

i never had the chace to get back on it but i would like to do so tonight. is it past the deadline?? i have no lap saved but would like to get something this evening.

EDIT: damn, i see it's BEFORE monday the 11th. That sucks, i always thought we had monday night at the WRS. not that i was even going to crack the podium on division 2, but i only play for fun these days anyway (mostly because i'm old and slow while you are all young and fast).

Max E.
i never had the chace to get back on it but i would like to do so tonight. is it past the deadline?? i have no lap saved but would like to get something this evening.

EDIT: damn, i see it's BEFORE monday the 11th. That sucks, i always thought we had monday night at the WRS. not that i was even going to crack the podium on division 2, but i only play for fun these days anyway (mostly because i'm old and slow while you are all young and fast).

Speak for yourself, I'm old and slow too now! The deadline for race 2 is now Tuesday morning at 8:00am EST and will stay that way until further notice, so you'll have Monday nights again from now on. Stick around you handsome s.o.b. we're gonna have soma laughs 'round 'ere.

Latest Posts

Back