GT4 WRS Week 10: "Bird-Bird-Bird, Bird is the Word!"

• Thread starter CFM
  • 437 comments

CFM

Hello everyone, welcome to week 10 of the GT4 WRS! Time to wring out an old muscle car for all it's worth. Don't get too crazy with the accelerator pedal now!:dopey:

Arcade Mode:
Time Trial / World Circuits

Track :
Infineon Raceway - Stock Car Course

Arcade Car:
Plymouth Super Bird '70

week10race6fz.jpg

Race Settings:
Quick Tune up = No HP changes, -10% Weight (425 HP, 1579kg)
Tires to be used are Sports Hard Tires.
Driver's choice of AT or MT.

Rules:

Only discuss "T" times!

Clean OLR Standards:
Two Tires on the track at all times (Rumble strips are part of the track)
No wall touching
No hybrids
No Cheating of any kind
Save your best "ghost" replay
Submit the time listed in replay file name
Knocking over cones is allowed as long as two tires are on track at all times.

NOTE: On the back straightaway between T1 and T2, two tires must stay within the yellow line on the left side of the track. Do not drive with 3 or 4 wheels into the paved runoff area here. You may run two tires into this area but the other two must still be in contact with the yellow line. If three or four tires go completely past the yellow line on the left, then the lap is not valid.

Time Verification:
-The division 1 winner each week will be required to submit with verification.
-All divisions of racers are subject to a request of time verification, however, this does not mean all racers will be required to submit verification for each race.
-Once a request for the verification of a time has been made the racer in question must comply.
-Any request of verification must addressed by the racer in question with in 3 days of the request. Arrangements must be made for the replay to be verified within a resonable time period, or the time in question will be removed from the WRS results and/or GTPlanet Times Database.

Deadline: Before Tuesday, June 14th, 8:00am CST
No times will be accepted after Tuesday 8:00am CST = Tuesday 1:00pm GMT
http://www.worldtimezone.com/daylight.html

Time Submission:
Send your final time to me using a Private Message. Include your division with your time please!

Any questions, just ask here. See you all at the finish line, and remember: SAVE THOSE REPLAYS!:cool:

Looks like a handful :scared:

Gonna give it a go tommorow 👍

Let me be first to say I hate this car. Braking and cornering have never been more loosely applied than when talking about this car :(

Och!

This is the area mentioned in the rules above. Keep at least two tires to the left of or touching the yellow line at all times.

rules12zg.jpg

rules25kp.jpg

Should be self explanitory and common sense. If not, then just ask I guess.:)

mmmmm dont know what to say about this.....

does it say 'chips for the fast lane' on the bil board in the background of your pick CFM???? and is this directed to small_fryz??? :dopey:

Yikes, no Limited slip either it appears in the picture! Hmm, this could be trouble =D

EXelero
mmmmm dont know what to say about this.....

does it say 'chips for the fast lane' on the bil board in the background of your pick CFM???? and is this directed to small_fryz??? :dopey:

I saw that billboard and thought it would be funny.:sly: At first the car is a bit of a handful, but after I ran a few laps it became quite fun! Hopefully everyone won't want to string me up on a rope.:scared: We'll use a car with lots of grip next week for something different.👍

Ouch I ran the mission with the SuperBird at Seattle the other day, nasty nasty car this. But s'cool :sly: Let's see what we can wring outta this b**ch :mischievous: :)

EDIT: Oh yeah, nice title again CFM 👍 I'm gonna be hearing that song in my head all day now ;)

Didnt see that bilboard, hopefully its a sign for things to come "nice pun :sly:"

Well i did that mission recently and passed the buick before the end of the 2nd lap, so the superbird is faster than it seems, just requires different driving style than normal.

Yeah it CAN be quick, but I tend to agree with amp88 on this one. Nonetheless, no complaints here, we're back on tarmac 👍

I just like to say I hate driving old cars. The horrible suspension, drums all around making long braking zones, raw power with no traction.

Thanks Continously Frustrating Members

Smoothness is the key for this old barge. Whipping the car into corners, slamming on the brakes, or flooring the gas probably won't be the best approach this week. Here are my splits from my quick testing session yesterday:

24.162 / 49.552

Going over those rolling hills is fun.:D

:ill: ...... :scared: ..... :)

Yay >_< I love this car! Now I just need to learn how to drive the track.

It's still a shame that the Superbird is the closest you can get to the Daytona Chargers(Identical bodies, different engines, for some) though... Meh, at least they put in the Super Bee Hemi this time.

Nice choice of race this week CFM 👍 . Good luck everyone.

Gonna be up in Montreal for the GP this weekend....hopefully I'll be able to get in enough laps! Looks like it could need some getting used to.....

haha psycho-looking car this ! But it looks like alot of spinning fun, will try and take part this week, as we're back on tarmac ! Yeah !

CFM you definitely surprise us every week with some very interesting choices I must say, everyone was thinking it might be a normal run of the mill car ... but with choices like this at least we get a chance of driving some of the weird and wonderful cars in GT4 ... 👍

By the way, how do you verify that everyone is using the right type of tyres, HP and weight settings, are all these included in the replay file ? Have not seen it, or maybe I'm just being blind.

heres some early splits. This ended up being a dirty lap since turned off into the grass after T2. 👎

T1 - 25.246
T2 - 52.812

kragbees
haha psycho-looking car this ! But it looks like alot of spinning fun, will try and take part this week, as we're back on tarmac ! Yeah !

CFM you definitely surprise us every week with some very interesting choices I must say, everyone was thinking it might be a normal run of the mill car ... but with choices like this at least we get a chance of driving some of the weird and wonderful cars in GT4 ... 👍

By the way, how do you verify that everyone is using the right type of tyres, HP and weight settings, are all these included in the replay file ? Have not seen it, or maybe I'm just being blind.

When you go to replay theatre and view the lap, before the run starts it tells you the car, HP, and tire type. It does not mention the weight, so that is why I run arcade cars at -10%, as everything is can be seen when the replay starts.

CFM
When you go to replay theatre and view the lap, before the run starts it tells you the car, HP, and tire type. It does not mention the weight, so that is why I run arcade cars at -10%, as everything is can be seen when the replay starts.

Thanks CFM, so IF I decided not to run with 10% reduction in weight (and thus you not knowing), but rather use the standard 0% setting (say for more traction because of more weight), would that be illegal ? I'm just using an example, and not saying I'm gonna do that, as less weight is probably always better ...

@CFM: Aha, okay, fair enough. Dunno if I had anything to do with it in the suggestion box, but thanks anyway for keeping the HP stock! 👍

See ya in the pits!

The thing is not as bad as I thought! It's wheel spin heaven all the way up to 4th on the main straight, but at least all my laps were clean! :sly:

Quick session w/ no aids & DFP

T1: 24.765
T2: 50.688

Reading the title of the thread, my heart started pounding, my adrenalin level went up, i got a shiver down the spine and goose bumps all over, my eyes opened wide :crazy: andmy palms caught some sweat :scared: , as I was soooooooo excited to race the bird.....THE YELLOW BIRD that is...............however, after my first shock :yuck: and the consumption of some tranquilizers :ill: , I think its an interesting choice of car, and as Completly Furious Madman points out, its about the rhythm with that big boat (remember that well from the Mission Hall....)... 💡 so it will take some time..... :)

you know I had a little bit of trouble with the mission where you race this car at seattle, I did it, but it wasn't pretty. The thing about these muscle cars for me is weight balance (which we can't touch-ARGH!!!) Well let the good times roll baby! Time to rock out and listen to some Zeppelin while I race at SEARS POINT.

jump_ace

bleurabbit7
Thanks Continously Frustrating Members

its seems VEXD has started a game of 'guess what CFM stands for??'
it leaves me wondering where your brains are at half the time!! :dunce:

stupid car! I hate muscle cars except for the..........errrr......... yeh I just hate all muscle cars. I must say this is one dogs ass of a car as well when it comes to looks. i mean WTF??? err yeh so ill probably give this a couple of goes between exams.

stupid bird

Back