GT4 WRS Week 10: "Bird-Bird-Bird, Bird is the Word!"

• Thread starter CFM
  • 437 comments
Kent
This is probably due to an error in race setup.

It could be that slicks is faster than just about any of the racers here too. :confused:

Maybe an error in the time posted?

Doesn't matter, in the end it's gonna come down to a replay or a retraction. :lol:

I think he realized what he did.....

Slicks
After 2 sessions:
T1 - 22.550
T2 - 46.498

I'm thinking that this will be my final time.

EDIT - I have forfeited these times due to my improper running of Week 10. I was on Sports Soft tires.

CAR FOR SALE

1970 PLYMOUTH BIRD (you know, the ***** one. The one that the naughty word software keeps DELETING!!! :grumpy: )
Color is Moulin Rouge......Fuzzy dice included.
425 HP V8. Low Mileage. California car. Driven only one week by an old guy from Wisconsin.
Engine smokes, tires are bald, brakes are shot, muffler is perfect. GOOD RUNNER!
Body has been professionally repaired (bondo) of various dings and dents in all quarter panels, the hood, roof, and trunk lid. (Nose is bent slightly up.) Perfect car for the backyard mechanic who has a couple spare weekends to make this beauty purr.
Price: FREE!!! (you haul. no returns.)

Whew!! Made it back home in time to submit. (gotta start planning this better :crazy: ) Night all! Good racing with you! :)

hey
from now on i'm only gonna have at most, two sessions (couple of hours each) per week, so i'll still compete in the wrs and offer u guys a complete run down of each combo.

good luck in the results everyone, and i'll post my replay tomorow morning my time (which is 10 hours after results come in) cheers

just curious, i was wondering what method u guys use when using the ds2?
personally, i use the dpad and buttons, and i cant work out why alot of people opt to use the analog sticks. my advice, use dpad :)

Wow haven't had much time to race this week, the days just flew bye.
Oh well I think I have a decent time now.

My T2 is .3 slower than what is posted on luxy's leaderboard but I cut .6 off at the line. I have submited my time and will see all of you tomorrow in the results!

holl01
hey
from now on i'm only gonna have at most, two sessions (couple of hours each) per week, so i'll still compete in the wrs and offer u guys a complete run down of each combo.

In all seriousness, I for one always look forward to your lap descriptions, and was saddened by your post that you would not participate for a while. I'm sure that I am not alone in saying, THANK GOD!! :)

I couldn't do it. I couldn't f'in do it! For 4 days I tried to break a barrier that I was/am < .2 away from. Couldn't do it. Tried in vain, what 5 hours each day or so....35 hours I must have spent trying to get a 1'2x.999 and managed to get about 15 laps within .2 of my goal and countless more where I was on par to do it and screwed up the last 2 turns. I got really f'in consistent though! Wow I know this track absolutely perfectly now, I would drive this real car at the same speeds if I could on the track I have that much confidence in myself. I did T2's of 46.900, 46.901, 46.902; I did 2 laps within 5 thousandths of each other. But couldn't achieve my goal.

I'm going to do ONE MORE LAP...then I'm submitting. 👎

MinorShunt
CAR FOR SALE

1970 PLYMOUTH BIRD (you know, the ***** one. The one that the naughty word software keeps DELETING!!! :grumpy: )
Color is Moulin Rouge......Fuzzy dice included.
425 HP V8. Low Mileage. California car. Driven only one week by an old guy from Wisconsin.
Engine smokes, tires are bald, brakes are shot, muffler is perfect. GOOD RUNNER!
Body has been professionally repaired (bondo) of various dings and dents in all quarter panels, the hood, roof, and trunk lid. (Nose is bent slightly up.) Perfect car for the backyard mechanic who has a couple spare weekends to make this beauty purr.
Price: FREE!!! (you haul. no returns.)

Whew!! Made it back home in time to submit. (gotta start planning this better :crazy: ) Night all! Good racing with you! :)

It was great racing with you this week. My Superbird seems to be running on racing slicks right now, it's going so smoothly because I've nearly mastered this combo....I just can't get my intended lap!

By the way a free Superbird in just about any condition is an absolute STEAL!

According to Luxys leaderboard, im in third on T1 time, but still 1.2 secs of the top at T2!!!! Ill have to get into the comp earlier next week lol.

Randymcchickenf
According to Luxys leaderboard, im in third on T1 time, but still 1.2 secs of the top at T2!!!! Ill have to get into the comp earlier next week lol.

Actually, your T1 is in 2nd place I believe.

holl01
hey

good luck in the results everyone, and i'll post my replay tomorow morning my time (which is 10 hours after results come in) cheers

just curious, i was wondering what method u guys use when using the ds2?
personally, i use the dpad and buttons, and i cant work out why alot of people opt to use the analog sticks. my advice, use dpad :)

Me personally, I use the sticks to have more control on the throttle,it may just be me,but after playing GT4 for the first 10 -20 hrs with the buttons, the throttle ( X ) button starts sticking, and only works intermittently...guess im hard on it. So, i started using the sticks, and havent had problem since.

Just my personal prefrence,thats all.Plus, I seem to have better (smoother) steering control with the stick also.

But what the H**L am i telling you that for? dont listen to me....you are alot faster than I am! :lol:

IM just trying to sound like I know what im talking about.....:sly:

Seriously tho, ive been using it that way for a while,so Im just used to it.

leaderboard updated.

No Time from me, good luck with the results guys.

Small_Fryz
leaderboard updated.

No Time from me, good luck with the results guys.

Yeah, i dont know why i bothered.

Hopefully chippers, this next race will be fun, it is promised to be more up our street, or a street in japan perhaps, near where they make bikes....

Anyway!!!!! only 2 hours to go to see..... keep the faith.....

:grumpy: 👍

I finally managed to reach a good lap time. I still left about 3 tenths, but I doubt I will ever pull another lap like this one, so I am going to submit it.

This week has been particularly fun and I enjoyed the race :D 👍

Here are my new splits:

T1: 0'23.041
T2: 0'47.267

Submitting...

The Wizard.

Submitted. Reached my best time mid-week and just couldn't pull any more out of it for whatever reason -- pretty much the same thing kenny was going through.

Oh, well.. I am pleased with my time overall. Good luck in the results, everyone!

Not bothered with this one since Wednesday. But felt like i needed to make a last minute effort to improve. Quite pleased really as the total time i've spent on this weeks race is about 30 mins:

0'22.927
0'47.610

This is another example of week that I do not fit into :/
Here are my splits:

T1: 23.146
T2: 48.548

DIV2, DS2, AT (TCS)

I agree, could not get a good enough time this week to be happy, although only had 30min. to try this week. Came up with a 48.0 T2 I think ... :yuck:

Latest Posts

Back