Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: (20%) 359hp
  • Weight: (-10%) 1012kg
  • Driving Aids: Any
  • Top Speed: Any
  • Transmission: Any
  • Tyre Type: Racing Medium
Week 112 Race Specifics:
All paved areas are track regardless of white lines.

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • no hybrids
  • no cheating of any kind
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • save your replay ('Save Replay' icon)
Thread rules:
The following info cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• lap time
  • any information which can be used to infer lap time
Submission:
All submissions must be sent by PM to me sjaak68
  • you can submit only once per race
  • please include in your submission PM your division, name and final lap time
  • deadline is Monday 18th June 6pm GMT
  • if you are unsure of the deadline try http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
Time verification:
Save your replay and keep it at least a full week after the time has been submitted:

• all gold times each week will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide a replay before the next race deadline
  • failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from WRS results
  • video replays are not accepted, only .max, .xps or .sps files can be verified

Looks like a really fun race! 👍
Congrats on the new position. :cheers:
I'm sure you will do a great job. :bowdown:

Thanks Kent,
My debute was under your command,last in div.2 :dopey: ,but still heaps of fun.

I have posted the new race on a Monday due to the new deadline.
In this case no day is lost.👍

Lightweight MR car on Autumn Ring, a very tempting race I must admit.
There must still be a 100% gamesave somewhere on my hard disk. 💡

Great to combo to start out with, Sjaak. :D

First session:

Great car. I think we ran this track a while back but I lost my memory of it. I'm in this week for sure... :P

17.904 / 48.525

Ran a few laps and found myself way off the pace, then I realized I was in the asl arta :dopey:, jumped in the right car and low and behold, still way off the pace :lol: Nice combo Sjaak, I'll be back with a proper attempt soon, I'm on a 49.4 btw.....

very nice combo Sjaak. As usual I'm holding up the leaderboard, it's okay, I've got big shoulders eh?:)

Now it's time for bed. :ouch:

wicked combo - first real fast one in a while ... great!
my own performance is very ungreat tho :ouch: 19.805 - 51.441
this is one of those combos where you just have to make lap after lap after lap to improve on braking points and optimum car positions.

leaderboard initialized

Jαke;2685126
Great car. I think we ran this track a while back but I lost my memory of it. I'm in this week for sure... :P

17.904 / 48.525

I only remember week 48 with the Silvia and the Elise, but that was a while ago.

Just ran a quick session to get the feel of it and its pretty damn cool 👍 Nice choice Sjaak ;) so far I'm at ..

..17.374 / 47.631 in my best save but have had faster on both splits so I expect lots to drop when I get a good feel of it :)

A little tip with the Autobacs is to always gear up quickly and try to be in 6th crossing the line to start of the lap .. and also every turn do it a gear higher than you normally would 👍 i'm using autoset 250 btw

Laters
Ron.

edit: 17.267 / 47.329

edit again: ... 17.135 / 47.254 :)

I only remember week 48 with the Silvia and the Elise, but that was a while ago.

that's the one! It was one of my first races. good times :cheers:

edit: now I see it, and it was the mini layout in both directions... my 4th WRS race.

Alright, dudes.

Here we go, for the Div 2 Deviant:

0:18.088
0:49.855

I don't know which car you guys are driving and lovin' it, 'coz the orange and white splat that I'm driving is a perfectly hateful little tool. It bounces and chatters, scrubs and fidgets and generally isn't very nice. But I am a curmudgeonly old fool, so maybe it's me.

Question: It says: Top speed: N/A, but I can set mine in the setup - stock is 280km/h. Can we set it to whatever we want? (I would have expected it to say: Top speed: Any.)

I see Ron is setting 250 and using 6 speeds, and I'm setting it to 320 and using only 5. Still, he's faster than me by about 5 glimbarts (or 60 nanoteks.)

Edit:
0:17.947
0:49.098
Grumble, moan, rant, wheeze. At least I'm in the same second on the first split. :ill:

nismosig.gif

First splits:
T1: 18.452
T2: 50.551

Hmmm... looks like I've got my work cut out this week :S

the orange and white splat that I'm driving is a perfectly hateful little tool. It bounces and chatters, scrubs and fidgets and generally isn't very nice. But I am a curmudgeonly old fool, so maybe it's me. Question: It says: Top speed: N/A, but I can set mine in the setup - stock is 280km/h. Can we set it to whatever we want? (I would have expected it to say: Top speed: Any.)

Changing top speed is fine. I am using the 250 same as Ron. I always read his posts as a reference. 👍

first splits:

Venari,I edited the topspeed to any 👍 and yes, it a little nasty bugger.
Tame it and it will go fast :)

Great combo, but extremely frustrating. I must've run 20 or 30 laps just figuring out how to steer the thing, and another 15 to figure out how and where to brake.

I'm currently "left-foot braking", often while on the gas just to keep the car from driving straight off the road in the sweeping corners. I can't imagine driving a car that way using pedals, and here I'm doing it with a DS2.

The lap feels sloppy but I don't see much room for improvement on my splits.

Cheers Sjaak!

Down to:
0:17.615 (Heh, snap!)
0:49.034 (Huh, slap.)

Which seemed slow because it wasn't too aggressive, but also, it was so smooth, I could see where the fast guys are being fast. :grumpy:

(I use a DFP, btw. :) )

I even put all the AI +10 guys on supersofts and watched their lines. Apart from being a good laugh at times ("Hi-ho Super-Touring FTO, and awaaaaay!") it won me a couple of tenths.

Not making much progress on this, although I think a sub 17.5/48.7 is poss for me judging by my fastest splits. I wonder what I'm doing wrong in the centre section. Guess I shall try again tomorrow.

nismosig.gif

Great fun combo Sjaak 👍

17.705 / 48.374

edit... feisty little bugger this car :D

17.505 / 48.064

I'm most likely going to submit this time - absolutely on the limit in the last corner of the bus stop, but it looks clean to me, and after two more hours, I just can't beat this lap.

Finally, I can post some new splits, chuck is working on his A-13 test.

17.508 / 48.163

Wow Sjaak this is such a great race and i love this little monster haha. Ok first splits for me

0'17.258
0'47.869

loosing time in t1 to t2, i will have to work on that 👍

ps. D2 slow down, i have tyre marks on my butt lol

First run for me as well with:

This is a lot of fun, but I need more help between T1 and T2 than you, Ren-Tec. Should have time for a few more runs this week.

I'm amazed at the lack of understeer - it just goes where it's pointed.

First session

17.637 (have seen 17.4xx)

using 250 gears which seems quicker than the default 280 - will play around with this once I stop getting quicker

I know why the leaderboard takes so long to update. It's because it has 3 billion weeks of information to update, I think we should remove all but the last 10 weeks or so of info. It doesn't have to be deleted, we could put a copy of the information in a zipped text file and store it in a thread somewhere?

Anyway here's my splits:

T1: 0`17.225
T2: 0`47.674

Cheers 👍

Was kind of long time now since I was here, but this was such a good combo I couldn't resist it hehe

T1: 17.047 👍
T2: 47.491 👎 (have seen 47.3xx)

This car really suits the track. By the way, these spilts are from my second session. Hopefully I'll be able to lower that 2nd split. Nice combo!👍

Had a chance to run a few this morning before SWMBO got up and got me back to packing up the house. :nervous:

Sjaak: great combo!

I know why the leaderboard takes so long to update. It's because it has 3 billion weeks of information to update
it doesnt look that way colbs. its not that it takes forever between pushing the update button and the browser being done with it but it does take very long for the server to publish the updated info to the web.
OTOH, i wouldnt mind to erase the first 100 weeks out of luxy but that's not up to me. polls?

LU again

it finally looks like i've got the hang of it. all i need to do while approaching a corner is prepare the car for it and then do all i know what needs to be done. already nibbled half a second off my laptime by doing that in only a few laps. now i should sit down for 2 hours lapping and lapping and lapping.

Back