GT4 WRS Week 115 : Lancer Evo Rally Car '99 @ Seattle Reverse

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 68 comments
I know exactly what you mean Vexd, this one is TOUGH, this come is likely the closest I can get to a rally combo for a while :) LB Updated and man is this nice havin' 2 people update the board 👍

Jerome

OK - Keep in mind, I'm Div 3, and if I'm not mistaken, the first D3 to post splits on this one.

T1 - 18.967
T2 - 1:01.513

These are my best splits, but I actually had a clean lap that made up about 0.22 on the finish.

One of my favorite tracks, car took some getting used to. Normally run some B*lls to the wall, RWD muscle on this one!

Hope to shave that T1 down by 0.5 and the T2 down by a second or so.

It's all about the first corner!

Either way, a great selection this week. 👍

Any other D3's out there, feel free to post some actual splits (That was for you, peterjford!)

Thanks
Kevin

P.S. - And for all you Americans, happy 4th!

Hey!

I was worried I was going to be the only Div 3 driver here. I'm back... for more. I'm still not done with GT4 (got caught up with Madden, God of War and others). So here I am. More than a year off GT4, so I may be rusty a little.

I really love this combo, although I made the mistake of not modifying the weight of the car (which cost me half of the money I owned prior to the acquisition (DAMN! :ouch: ).

Anyway, here are my times. I ran only a dozen laps around the track, as I don't really have the time this week to play.

T1 : 19.818
T2 : 1:02.998

Jαke;2705673
new splits, hard fought...

Wow

well done jake.

i wont be bothered getting times like that, i know how narrowly you missed the walls to get there.

Thats some kahunas-out racing there.

Kudos

:irked:👍

i wont be bothered getting times like that, i know how narrowly you missed the walls to get there.

That is what makes it that much sweeter. Bring on the city tracks. 👍

Hey Jake, should I change your name on the leaderboard to just "Jake" or is Jake73 okay? LB Updated, great work dude!
mkay and EDK, let me know if I have to change your controller/wheel setting or anything in the leaderboard, welcome!

Jerome

Reactions: EDK
Hey Jake, should I change your name on the leaderboard to just "Jake" or is Jake73 okay? LB Updated, great work dude!

Jerome

just "Jake" would be great, thanks 👍 I think I'm at my limit but I will keep running it...

I really love this combo, although I made the mistake of not modifying the weight of the car (which cost me half of the money I owned prior to the acquisition
this smells like you're using gt mode somehow - how could weight reduction cost you otherwise - and that's unfortunately not the combo this week.

LB Updated
excellent jerome, thanks for taking some churns off my shoulders mate!

No he means he forgot to reduce the weight by 10%.

I looked at that last nite and made the same assumption as you, but it appears he means he upped the horsepower, but didnt down the weight.
The money he spent on the car was when he bought it in GT mode to use it in arcade mode? Perhaps?
mkay to clarify....

:mischievous:👍

Back from vacation.

Great combo - a bit frustrating to keep it off the walls but a lot of fun to drive. 👍

After a couple of sessions:

unfortunately with a fairly poor finish (lost about 0.5 seconds)

using 240 gears at the moment and will play with 230 tonight

Here's some splits after some sessions, have driven maybe 3 hours using 250km/h. I'm constantly reaching splits like this:

T1: 18.1xx (have seen 17.9xx)
T2: 59.5xx (have seen 59.39x)

Still screwing up the last sector for some reason... gotta have to work on that.

@ 2078TM: Nice splits man 👍 Think I'm also gonna try 240km/h.

That chicane is horrible :( ... best splits are 17.9 / 59.2

but unfortunately my best save only has 18.2 / 59.5 will try again soon 👍

59.995 :)

the end is near................

mkay and EDK, let me know if I have to change your controller/wheel setting or anything in the leaderboard, welcome!

Jerome

I use a GT Force Pro Wheel. Let me kniow if you need any other info for leaderboard update.

Thanks
Kevin

New Splits after some more laps tonight -

1:00.810

Might still have a little left in the tank, we will see.

First splits:

T1: 0`18.311
T2: 1`00.598

Another 0.5 would be nice 👍

This one is a late start for me. :indiff:

Haven't touched my PS2 all week, but I'll be flying round Seattle tonight. :)

My splits will be posted soon as!

The time some of you guys are getting look pretty quick,
so I better get moving! 👍

This was the only improvement I could muster. Another .2 at the line though :)

Jake, Sjaak. Great times. 👍

My second session gave nothing at all. :grumpy:

Third session:

1'00.477

Only a couple of tenth faster at T2, but a full second at the line. Hope it'll be enough to save me from a bronze. :nervous:

Hoping to find time for one last session. Combo is pretty addicting AFTER the chicane. :dopey:

Now I have a problem. Every time I ace the chicane, I fumble the rest of the lap. Every time I've gotten fab T1>T2>TT times, I've clusterfoobarred >T1 time. :grumpy:

T1: 0:18.469 (.4xx consistent good, 0:18.2 seen)
T2: 1:00.407 (.4xx consistent good, 1:00.somethingverysmall seen - which is really annoying.)

The first time I stayed higher than 105mph through the whole chicane, I was so surprised I not only missed the braking point, but forgot to turn left. Exit via crane one works-prepared Evo VI with two slightly different shades of red and white paint on the front bumper. And radiator. Intercooler. Engine block. Front struts. Base of windscreen. I could go on, but I'm gonna stop now.

VenGT4-1.jpg

(Must get <1min T2... must get <1min T2...)

Wow! cinjun8! How're you doing?
Last time we saw you was back in the days of GT3 WRS, and you'd just been in a horrific road accident, as I recall. I hope all is well and you're all healed up and ready to race again.

Welcome back! :cheers:

Aagh, so many walls, so few fenders :dopey: This is a tough one to crack for me.... currently on 230 gearing, can take the chicane around 108-110 mph if I'm feeling brave, had several 18.3 and a few 18.2 but as usuall hard to put it all together. The second sector is whats getting me now, I can hit the last pretty well...

1'00.203

Just a mater of time put into it to find a sub 1'00 t2. Got me realed into this one Sjaak 👍

Splits from the lap I submitted:

T1: 18.071
T2: 59.219

It was close on three places on this lap, but not too close from what I can see:

I feel really happy with this lap, for once I took those tenths that you always feel are there, but usually don't "catch"...

1'00.085

With a good finish 👍 Still thinking I can gain another decent chunk of change......

T1 19.428
T2 103.265

And that's most likely what I'll submit as well as I haven't seen any improvements. :)

AMG.

Back