GT4 WRS Week 12: "Team GTP BC5 Qualifier Race & WRS Team Event Pt.2"

• Thread starter CFM
  • 431 comments

CFM

Hello everyone, welcome to week 12 of the GT4 WRS! This race will serve three functions this week:

1) A normal WRS event that is open to any registered WRS driver. This event will last two weeks instead of the normal one week period.

2)This race will serve as the qualifier for drivers who wish to represent team GTP in the upcoming Board Challenge 5 event. The ten fastest drivers who wish to represent GTPlanet will be qualify to be on the team, along with two alternate drivers which will be hand selected by Boombexus and myself at a later date. Anyone wishing to tryout for Team GTP MUST have a replay device, and submit their run for review in a timely manner. Any rules violations seen in replays will result in disqualification from team GTP. Keep it clean and legal! If you wish to apply for team GTP you must include that information with your time submission.

3) This race is the second part of the two week team event that started in week 11. I will announce teams tomorrow around this same time, and explain how the scoring will work. This team event is just for added fun and for meeting new people, it is not official. Please keep that in mind before arguing with or harassing your teammate about anything! Be friendly, help each other out, and HAVE FUN WITH IT!

Arcade Mode:
Single Race / World Circuits
Track :
Suzuka Circuit (10 Lap Race)
Simulation Car:
Nissan Motul Pitwork Z (JGTC) '04
wrsweek12race6ow.jpg

Race Settings:
In Options screen, under Arcade Mode Submenu, you must select the following:

No. of Laps = 10 , Tire Wear = Strong

Difficulty Setting: Any (-10 to +10)
Quick Tune-up: +20% Power (572HP), -10% Weight (972 kg)
Top Speed Setting: Any (210 - 450 km/h)
Tires: Racing Tires - Choice of R1-R5 (Any combination)
Driver's choice of AT or MT
Driving Aids: TCS and ASM are allowed in any combination, on or off.

Rules:

Only discuss "T" times!

Clean OLR Standards:
No AI Contact AT ALL!
Two Tires on the track at all times
Red & White Rumble strips are part of the track. The green sections behind the red & white Rumble strips are NOT part of the track!
No Corner Cutting
No other shortcuts if any are possible
No wall or barrier touching
No hybrids
No Cheating of any kind
Save your best full race replay
Submit the time listed in replay file name
Knocking over any cones that may be present is allowed as long as two tires are on track at all times.

Time Verification:
-All drivers trying out for Team GTP for BC5 must submit thier replay for verification. Any rules violations seen in replays will result in disqualification from team GTP.
-All division 1 drivers each week will be required to submit with verification.
-All divisions of racers are subject to a request of time verification, however, this does not mean all racers will be required to submit verification for each race.
-Once a request for the verification of a time has been made the racer in question must comply.
-Any request of verification must addressed by the racer in question with in 3 days of the request. Arrangements must be made for the replay to be verified within a resonable time period, or the time in question will be removed from the WRS results and/or GTPlanet Times Database.

Deadline: Before Tuesday, July 5th, 8:00am CST
No times will be accepted after Tuesday 8:00am CST = Tuesday 1:00pm GMT
http://www.worldtimezone.com/daylight.html

Time Submission:
Send your final time to me using a Private Message. Include your division with your time please!

Any questions, just ask here. See you all at the finish line, and remember: SAVE THOSE REPLAYS!:cool:

10 laps?

omg.

and you spelt submit wrong.

and interest.

hehehe

:scared:

So now i have to see what the best top speed setting is, which type of tyres will last the distance and give the best grip, or will result in the fewest pit stops, and whether the motul pitworx Z comes in another colour.

Nice one Todd tha Modd. :grumpy: 👍

Wow!!!

I knew youd pick suzuka! :)

This will be interesting.

Very very nice combo 👍

10 laps :crazy: No AI contact :banghead: :crazy: :eek: :banghead:

No AI contact should be very easy with difficuty setting at -10, or whatever works best for you.

as long as you dont lap them, and they always get in the way, I bet it will still be difficuilt

We may have to allow some AI touches for the drivers who are not trying out for the BC5 team. Everyone give it a try with different difficulty settings and if adjustments need to be made to the rules regarding AI contact then we can do that in a few days.

Well this is different. Nice car, but this track hates me, this should be some good practice.

Just checking my setup, not even through the first turn and I've already got the AI hitting me *sigh* it'll be a long week. Maybe it'll feel like two? :sly:

OH WOW. A RACE instead of a HOT LAP :drool: And a great combo too - Suzuka track is a fun track and w/ the Z now thats going to be a blast. 👍 👍 :cool:

I love it CFM :D. Didn't think you could top last week, but you just might have done it ;).

ahhhhhh lenience.

This is the beginning of the end.

I wonder, how does our Division 1 driver "Z" feel about this particular car?

:grumpy: 👍

Do you think we could discuss our best flying lap times? With so many laps, it wont be too revealing.

icemanshooter23
Do you think we could discuss our best flying lap times? With so many laps, it wont be too revealing.

I don't know, do you really want to? Maybe some people might want to keep some things secret for the team aspect? I guess if you want to discuss fastest single lap time in race that should be OK.

Nice combo CFM this one is sure to be a blast. I wonder who my teamate will be? I am confused though we combine times with our partner or what CFM?

Sweet! I loved this license test too! Great combo CFM! Can't wait 'til tonite when I can do some racin'! This will be nice, I was just talkin with Curtis about how it would be nice to do some races rather than hot laps, spooky.....

jump_ace

gt4_0109
Nice combo CFM this one is sure to be a blast. I wonder who my teamate will be? I am confused though we combine times with our partner or what CFM?

It's going to be based on points. I'll explain it all ASAP when I get the teams made up. Everyone will just send their times to me as normal.

cool, I love this track and from previous experience the car seems pretty nice too! the only thing i'm worried about is getting to the last sector of lap 9 and going off the track/hitting the AI. This is one of my best tracks in the game so I shouldnt fair too badly in this one. Perhaps I could beat my best finish and get in the top 10!!!

10 clean laps....in a row?

CFM go tell my gf i'm sorry that i didn't see her all this week (in advance) as it was your fault :P

TimBrad
10 clean laps....in a row?

CFM go tell my gf i'm sorry that i didn't see her all this week (in advance) as it was your fault :P

You mean two weeks, right?:sly:

If some div.3 drivers are having trouble wth 10 clean laps I might adjust the rules a bit for that as well. We'll just have to see how it goes. I don't want to torture anybody unnecssarily. I'd advise running some free run laps at first to get some lines down and get a feel for the race in general before diving right into a 10 lapper. This will be quite a challenge for everybody, so just concentrate on getting a clean run in at first before pushing too hard and getting frustrated. BC races are real ball busters, so this is a pretty good example of what you might come across in BC5.

darkwind
Correct me if I'm wrong, but we're running 10 clean laps and we'll submit our total time, right?

Yes, the total time for the 10 lap race. It will appear at the end of the race, and will also be shown in the file info when you go to view it in the replay theatre.

I've already figured out I have to set the Opponent AI to 10 or else they will slow me down too much in the corners when overtaking.

Edit: Nope, this doesn't work!

kennythebomb
This'll prepare me for BC5 AND JGTC!

Hehe As kennythebomb probably knows I already did that combo as JGTC qualification time (but it was by accident - i mistaken the tracks :P) so I already have my "perfect" line for that combo ;) also i can tell that as one of guys erlier (Small_Frytz ?) did i also predicted that it will be suzuka and that it wil be that car AND that it want be hot lap :D:D (BC qualification needed that i suppose) number of laps were the only X for me ;) Im not priseing im just happy that my thoughts were right ;)
Now 10 clear laps - that will be pure fan ;)
Ah i propose AI +10 - on that setting it will be harder to overlap them also they will probably run from us at the beggining (not checked yet).
Have fun guys and girls :D

Edit: Hmm AI+10 is still to slow :/ So -10 to easy overtake at the start ?....

villainpl
Ah i propose AI +10 - on that setting it will be harder to overlap them also they will probably run from us at the beggining (not checked yet).
Have fun guys and girls :D
Yeah, I've just turned my first handful of laps and found it too hard to get the jump on the field at the beginning with AI +10. I'm now trying AI -10 and I'm getting a huge lead but I haven't made it to the first pit stop without flying off at a corner, so I don't know how that might affect things.

Looks like just the one T time checkpost. I'm running 53 - 54 sec on first lap and 49 - 51 sec after that but I haven't made it to a pitstop yet. Best lap so far 1'51.232.

Div3 - DS2

This is gonna be sick. Awesome car, awesome track, and a race too! 10 clean is gonna be tough though for sure. Good thing we have 2 weeks! Nice CFM! What happens if an AI car hits you though.....

@ CFM:just wanted to clarify here,I didnt see this anywhere...do we have "no penalties" set in the options? I know you said Strong tire wear,but didnt seee anything about the penalties..speed or pitstop.

TIA

yeh i suggest that we use the forced pit entry for AI contact

my favorite driver is MONTOYA, and i think my driving style replicates his
so hopefully the COLD TIRE skills will work :D

Back