Vehicle Specifics:
  • Power: ( 0%) 542 hp
  • Weight: (-10%) 1062 kg
  • Driving Aids: Any
  • Top Speed: Any
  • Transmission: Any
  • Tyre Type: Racing - Super Soft
Week 130 Race Specifics:

Some may remember Kent’s WRS GT3 Week 96 from 21 December 2004.
NielsG and I certainly do.The race was a blast.We were still new to the WRS,and learned a lot.

This the link:
Week 96: The UK Cat Prowls The Hill

The thread is a good read with some classic comments from Mr P. :D
This week we will return,slightly different,but that can't spoil the fun!

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • no hybrids
  • no cheating of any kind
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • save your replay ('Save Ghost Replay' icon)
Thread rules:
The following info cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):
  • lap time
  • any information which can be used to infer lap time
Submission:
All submissions must be sent by PM to me
(sjaak68):
  • you can submit only once per race
  • please include in your submission PM your division, name and final lap time
  • deadline is Monday 22 October 6 pm GMT
  • if you are unsure of the deadline try this site
Time verification:
Save your replay and keep it at least a full week after the time has been submitted:
  • all gold times each week will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide a replay before the next race deadline
  • failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from WRS results
  • video replays are not accepted, only .max, .xps or .sps files can be verified

Super cool combo, Sjaak. 👍

And the discussion that week was both very entertaining and educational. At least it was the first time I ever heard of the bulletproof Legos. :D

I guess I'll go ahead and start this show - hopefully I'm not setting the bar too high :rolleyes: Given my track record, though, I'd be surprised if I didn't get blown away within 12 hours.

T-1: 0'11.318
T-2: 0'23.979
T-3: 0'48.819

Tips:
- Try setting the tranny to 300 or 310. The back stretch isn't much longer than that, it seems.

Great fun. :D So good to be back on a open track. :dopey:

First laps:

47.240 (lost 0.2)
Top speed 310

A very nice race, I hope to have several more sessions 👍

I may tackle this before my giants play the falcons 2nite :)

EDIT - Decided to do some reading of things I missed back in the GT3 days when I didn't know what the 'internets' was, lol. Wish I could have raced with you guys then too, but I would have only hated Hugo more :lol: j/k. That Meteo is a piece of...work, eh? Good reading anyway.

Jerome

This car drives like on a rails..............till the moment you get launched out of a corner.:D

Easy to go fast,trickie to go super fast.

T1 11.072
T2 23.572
T3 47.682

speed 320.👍

T1: 11.104
T2: 23.908
T3: 48.252

Really interesting to try out different lines with these super softs, some lines are great and others are awful..

Cool combo. I'm giving Sjaak bonus points for the photo-nice update of the original!

I'll have a go in a bit.

Cool combo. I'm giving Sjaak bonus points for the photo-nice update of the original!

I'll have a go in a bit.
I agree about the photo. Just SLIGHTLY off, but I think we can live with it :sly: Kudos on the recap, Sjaak.

Spent about 20 min on this just to say hello. I am losing .2 in T1 and that is about it, everything else seems fine, this MR just drifts funny in the first double lefts and I guess I'll figure it out later. But, I do know with this track in any car, its really dangerous to trim too much time in t1 because the only way to really increase you t1 split is to start taking the exit on the double lefts too far out and sacrificing your driving line and the downhill right gets taken with 2 tires off and bye bye lap, but 10.9 should be about right, MAYBE .8 if I get lucky.

T1 - 11:140
T2 - 23.324
T3 - 47.403
Final, feels okay thru chicanes, for the last sweeping left, stay off the rumbles 👍

EDIT - now 40 min and I feel I have a good lap, I'm gonna submit now just to see how it stacks up, haha. I need to get better at getting faster, faster for LAN meetings if that makes sense, lol. I think I'm almost ready for San Fran Nick :)
Top Speed is 310, that is what you want to use this week
T1 - 10.960
T2 - 23.289
T3 - 47.188
Final - Kept the MPH around 87 for the final chicane for once

Jerome

Excelent, I knew I'd like this combo when I saw it 👍

I remember some dudes race car challange (ok it was Ron :P) with the jag, I had a blast chasing Sjaak around fuji 80's and then we all went off to mid-field in it, cool stuff.

I've only ran about 10 laps but I'm on this one, less drift is key to getting her fast and I'm using 330.

I know theres plenty of time im leaving scattered on the track I will try and pick up on day two of practice.

30 Laps on whatever gearing it comes with...

T1: 11.242
T2: 23.635
T3: 47.938

So far this is a close one. I cut my GT driving teath on Apricot Hill, I clame it as my home track though I havent run it in ages. This is getting fun already.

So far I've managed this:

Using 300. Tried 320 at the beginning but didn't like the ratios through the esses. But I've picked up about a second and a half since then so 320 might feel better now that I'm going through there faster.

I'm looking forward to this... :) Glad to see that the car's limited to stock amounts of power too.
I think I'm almost ready for San Fran Nick :)
You're going?!?!?! Damnit, I wish you had told me and I would've given it more thought... Way too late for me to come now. Dangit! Are you flying or what?

A few laps before breakfast.

Not as fast as you speed demons but not bad for an ol'man:sly:

I'm looking forward to this... :) Glad to see that the car's limited to stock amounts of power too.

You're going?!?!?! Damnit, I wish you had told me and I would've given it more thought... Way too late for me to come now. Dangit! Are you flying or what?

Ya, I'm flying with my fiance down there. I figured cause you took so many trips this summer you prolly wouldn't be interested, but my apologies, bro. Can ya forgive me? :nervous:

Jerome

GTBadBoy - your T2-T3 time is actually faster than mine is :scared: but it looks like its the twisties that's causing you some grief.

Thanks,
But there is a little story about the pic.of week 96.
When I was racing that week I was in doubt if the wheel was off or in.
I took some pics and send them to Niels.
So the pic was still in Niels gmail archive and last week I edited it in the first post.

I know you can search for this stuff but thought it would be useful to post how you get this car for those people who don't already have it.

Win the Pan Euro Championship

Pronunciation:

British: jag-yoo-are
American: jag-war
Australian: Here kitty kitty ...

GTBadBoy - your T2-T3 time is actually faster than mine is :scared: but it looks like its the twisties that's causing you some grief.

You know it's really wierd and I guess it's the lack of racing over the last 5 months. (I hate to keep using that excuse:crazy:) but I've had T1's = 11.0xx and 10.99's and stuff T2 and T3 real bad. Then of course I run a T1 in 11.9xx and turn the rest of the course pretty decent. I'm playing with the gearing trying to find something I'm comfortable with. 320 seems pretty quick but my best overall lap is at 360 go figure........I can't:ouch:

this is just an example of what I mean:

You know it's really wierd and I guess it's the lack of racing over the last 5 months. (I hate to keep using that excuse:crazy:) but I've had T1's = 11.0xx and 10.99's and stuff T2 and T3 real bad. Then of course I run a T1 in 11.9xx and turn the rest of the course pretty decent. I'm playing with the gearing trying to find something I'm comfortable with. 320 seems pretty quick but my best overall lap is at 360 go figure........I can't:ouch:

this is just an example of what I mean:

Don't know if this make any sense at all, Ron. :dopey:

But the Jag seems a little more steady if you go with a higher top-speed. More steady car gives more consistent runs. More consistent runs gives faster laps. :)

Sometimes I sacrifice overall speed on powerful cars, to better handling. If I got let's say 20 OK laps the chance of one them been fast is bigger than if I only get 5 OK, with a slightly faster cars.
It's like my lack of skills is a more important factor, than the abilities of the car. :ouch:

Don't know if this make any sense at all, Ron. :dopey:

But the Jag seems a little more steady if you go with a higher top-speed. /QUOTE]

Usually what I do is adjust the tranny for the end of the longest straight of the track. In this case is the opening straight as you begin the lap, if you use 310 you still achieve a top speed in high rpms without hitting the limit and over revving before having to shift again. That will then leave you far better torque for the other twisty turns on the rest of the track, imo of course. But everyone drives different, I suppose if you are REALLY fast and smooth you can keep the rpm's up high enough not to bog the car down using 320, but I can't do that. This car likes you to shift at higher rpms anyway.

Jerome

I understand what Jerome is saying, and I usually set up my gearing the same way: hit the "redline" just at the end of your longest straight. This usually works well in say 90% of the cases.

This car however is slightly different (for my abilities) What Neils is saying is what I am experiencing. My lack of talent wants a more stable car. Let's remember I'm a Div III driver not one those "alien type Div I speed demons." Having the higher gearing also changes What gear you use through each section and I find I'm a bit more consistant through the "twisties." I don't know that 360 is the answer (for me) but somewhere between 310 and 360 there should be a spot to make it all come together.

I do enjoy and appreciate the input but as you say Jerome ".....everyone drives different" and therein lays the secret eh?

Exactly :) Just tryin' to help, I'm no Alien, aliens don't like the rain so there are none in Oregon, lol.

Jerome

Jerome, and it's appreciated.👍

FYI: love Oregon and Wash area. I was out there in the 70's (USN)

Rain? heck, just stay inside and race cars eh? :sly:

Latest Posts

Back