GT4 WRS Week 130 : Jaguar XJ220 LM Race Car @ Apricot Hill

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sjaak
  • 70 comments
  • 8,831 views
Haven't raced this car much - Um!!! Find it very difficult to find the right lines here too! That chicane has caused so many resets I've lost count :yuck:
Anyway :

T1 - 10'966
T2 - 23'378
T3 - 47'646

nige
 
this car is appealing to me more but the chikane is not my friend,
10.845
23.066
46.945
 
Managed to shave off a decent amount of time from my last post, so here goes.

T-1 0'11.053
T-2 0'23.791
T-3 0'48.221

Total lap time knocked down just under a second :sly:
 
Jerome, and it's appreciated.👍

FYI: love Oregon and Wash area. I was out there in the 70's (USN)

Rain? heck, just stay inside and race cars eh? :sly:

*Nods* nothin' else to do 'cept stay inside and keep warm, nothing gets my heart to pound like a blazin' fast lap and sayin' to my self, "Don't f-up, DO NOT F- UP..." lol.

Jerome
 
Slight improvement for me:

T1 - 10'915
T2- 23'260
T3 - 47'415

nige
 
Maybe I'll actually be around to submit before it's too late this week, LOL!!

T1 - 11.105
T2 - 23.583
T3 - 47.652

I've seen at least a few .10'ths better at each of the splits...just never during the same lap!! HAHA

Running with 310 top speed right now.

Pyro

Edit: updated splits -

T1 - 11.110
T2 - 23.304
T3 - 47.337

Still room for improvement, though...a bit, anyway.
 
Tried a few last night and could not feel it so I gave up. Just tried a few on me lunch brake

11.008
23.539
47.506

Could not hit a good second sector and I lost the rear in the hairpin.
 
Got some better splits, though not reflected fully in total lap speed due to chicane. At least my ghost doesn't now come speeding by at the chicane - thus giving me hope of still beating this time :sly:
11.078
23.640
48.175
Got some sparkles on the chicane as well...
 
Did another session and only picked up .18x at T3 but improved the overall lap by .7xx

11.008
23.352
47.734

using 310 (up from 300 previous session); I tried 320 but for some reason it just makes me feel clumsy. I think what's happening is that the slightly longer gears don't kick out the tail as much and make rotating the car a bit more difficult.
 
Kevlari, Mark, 2078TM...you guys are putting a hurting on me so far this week. For some reason im having a problem being consistant enough to even get to the point where I can start adjusting my lines. Your splits are telling me you guys have parts of the track down that im having sticking points with.

Updated Times
T1: 0'11.085
T2: 0'23.608
T3: 0'47.838

I dont think im ever going to do the chikane as well as I did that lap though.
 
Still not comfortable but a slight improvement:

11.370
24.212
48.985

Holding you all up again this week:ouch:
 
Holding you all up again this week:ouch:
Hey man, at least you're giving us some support! We'd have to hold ourselves up if you weren't doing it... :cheers:

Haha, anyway, some splits from my first session... Decently satisfied, especially with the speed carried out of the chicane... :crazy: Barely kept it on there... Best lap so far by a good margin, then again, I just started. It'll be hard to get ahead of this lap though(or will it?).

T1: 11.138
T2: 23.337
T3: 47.325

Using 300 gearing, started on 310, but so far I like 300 better. Top out a gear or two sometimes, but that's good because it helps slow me down before the corners, haha. We'll see if I switch back to 310 later.

So, where are all the leaderboard runner this week?
 
So, where are all the leaderboard runner this week?
I've been wondering that myself, actually. And, unfortunately, it looks like I'm not going to have any more time for this weeks WRS. Guess I better submit my time before I go out of town over the weekend.
 
Haven't had time to get a few laps in yet for this week.
Hope to run a couple of sessions this weekend.

However, we have.....

The Leaderboard!


Fast times so far on a great combo. Congrats again Sjaak. 👍
 
Crikey, everyone's really bunched up this week... And I need to put some more work in...

I wonder how Strop's doing, can't let him beat me for yet another week.. :D

EDIT: 6 laps later on 310 gearing and I got this:

T1: 10.776
T2: 23.253
T3: 47.576

310 gearing kicks ass..
 
Mighty fast T1,Snod Blatter :scared:

And a new time for me.

11.096
23.380
47.447

Thanks Jay for the leaderboard 👍
 
Cheers, got a really nice drift around the second corner and the nose stayed in tight... Can't seem to do it again (isn't it always the case?).

Shame the rest was so comparatively slow..
 
Damn, this track is driving me crazy :dopey: I hit a lap last night where I got the last sector just so 👍 unfortunatly it was off of a 47.600 dup. Anyway here are some better splits but I lost a good .1 in the final sector :( It's not the chicane that gets me, its the turn just before....

11.067
23.476
47.424

Back at it then...
 
310 gearing kicks ass..

:D

Luke's seems to be down at the moment...anyone else having trouble? It is almost midnight here now.

Jerome
 
here's captain slow reporting back in from a sunny week in france. 3 laps in this weird car (whoever told them that letting go off the gas while cornering should give such a weird reaction?) resulting in braking-oil slow t's:

12.355-26.944-52.311

more to come ...
 
thanks bigracer for your times
they help mine look better
T1 11.199
T2 24.220
T3 49.014
w/ 350
have a faster total lap w/ 310 but these are
my faster T times
 
Welcome back home Steven! :cheers:
Can't imagine why you'd voluntarly leave the beautiful French countryside this time of year. Must be work dragging you back eh?:ouch:

We've got some real speed demons in DivIII this week. Tough for an ol' guy like me to keep up. Glad you're back. 👍
 
tried another 25 laps
T1 11.143
T2 23.592
T3 48.406
w/ 310
many 10ths still out there:banghead:
 
Competition looking very tough in div2 this week... again. :dopey:

Looks like I'm not the only feeling at home at AH.

Third session gave a:

11.043
23.303
47.453

Still some tenths scattered around, but think this'll be my last session.
 
tried another 25 laps
T1 11.143
T2 23.592
T3 48.406
w/ 310
many 10ths still out there:banghead:

way to go Ken!!! You gotta love a track that lets you drive at the edge of "gription", especially with a car that has such a broad power band. This week seems to be pretty tight with the gearing, though, as nearly everyone is running a 300-320 top speed. It's all about momentum. Just heard that Jake is on his way back from Chicago, so it looks like a full crew for Team S.M.A.R.T. racing in the morning. I promise to go to bed tonight and be awake for it this time!!!
 
Crikey, everyone's really bunched up this week... And I need to put some more work in...

I wonder how Strop's doing, can't let him beat me for yet another week.. :D

EDIT: 6 laps later on 310 gearing and I got this:

T1: 10.776
T2: 23.253
T3: 47.576

310 gearing kicks ass..

Barf ... I'm still about half a second behind you mate, so you're looking good at the moment. Can't seem to get this pommy speedster pointed in the right direction :)

11.263
23.752
48.018
 
LeaderBoard Updated 👍

10.977 / 23.441 / 47.544

Good to see Kenny (01gtp) and Chuk hanging out... I got back from the windy city in time to run a few more laps. :)
 
Hi to all of you,

Try to make some time this week. Been a few weeks away (holiday etc., you know all the excuses ).
Looks a good combo this week.

Greetings Le Mans
 
I didn't play anymore since my first session, so I'm submitting that time. The last sector felt good, so I'm hoping for a nice result.
 
Interesting race. After setting a fast time couldn't touch it in two sessions, even when I got in front of the ghost it always jumped ahead in the last sector. Third session started to run consistently close and finished nose to nose a few times. Finally got a decent run and improved the lap time by .2s without much change in the T3 split oddly enough. Ordinary start, great second sector then dragged a wheel in the dirt around the big left hand sweeper before T3 to allow the ghost to catch me, then blew it off on the last sector (finally figured out how to get through that last left hander before the chikane without skidding all over the place).

This one really challenged the left foot braking touch too, probably the hardest since I switched a few races back. Saw a definite improvement over the week though so hopefully next time I'll be challenging the div2 front runners, not giving the div3 guys something to aim at :)

11.257
23.465
47.964
 
Back