Staff Emeritus
United Kingdom
England
GTP_Sphinx

Week 155 Results:

Caterham Seven Fire Blade '02 @ Nürburgring Nordschleife

wrsweek155results.jpg

Important notice:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" when all posted replays have been checked. After 7 days, any racers achieving a Gold time who do not provide a replay will have their lap disqualified.

Please Note:
I will update this post during the week to include any posted replays and also keep track of which replays have been checked and by whom.

Replay Verification:
This week we would like to see all gold times.

Event 1:

Main Event.
1 lap of Nürburgring Nordschleife. (Standard OLR Rules Apply)

Division 1:
  1. 7:35.162 - imfaster2!
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

7:35.500 ----- Gold
  2. 7:36.073 - rmk700
    7:42.750 ----- Bronze
  3. 7:44.559 - Toffe
  4. 7:44.669 - Cmir
Austin343
bflagtp3.gif
DQ

Division 2:
  1. 7:43.228 - DJ Baker
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
  2. 7:43.808 - 2078TM
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

7:46.500 ----- Gold
  3. 7:54.491 - esh
    7:60.250 ----- Bronze
  4. 8:02.382 - Quiksilver_GT
  5. 8:03.227 - Strop

Division 3:
  1. 7:51.568 - OnlyMe
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

7:55.500 ----- Gold
  2. 7:56.844 - bigrew
  3. 7:57.094 - EDK
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
  4. 8:01.108 - gtbadboy
    8:15.250 ----- Bronze
  5. 8:21.971 - Andy2125
  6. 8:23.671 - h18ant

Event 2:

Short Hillclimb Event.
This hillclimb extends from the start line to the T3 time split.

Division 1:
  1. 1:53.847 -
    1:54.250 ----- Gold
  2. 1:54.372 - imfaster2!
  3. 1:54.476 - rmk700
  4. 1:54.820 - Toffe
    1:55.000 ----- Bronze
  5. 1:55.514 - Cmir
    crx1299 DQ'd (WRS Registration Void) (Clean Run
    gflagjn4.gif
    )
Austin343
bflagtp3.gif
DQ

Division 2:
  1. 1:54.347 - 2078TM
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

1:55.000 ----- Gold
  2. 1:55.025 - Strop
  3. 1:55.834 - DJ Baker
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

1:58.000 ----- Bronze
  4. 1:58.827 - Quiksilver_GT
  5. 1:58.899 - esh
Division 3:
  1. 1:56.497 - gtbadboy
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

1:57.250 ----- Gold
  2. 1:57.292 - OnlyMe
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
  3. 1:57.386 - EDK
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
  4. 1:58.601 - Andy2125
    1:61.250 ----- Bronze
  5. 2:01.316 - h18ant
  6. 2:03.832 - Bigracer

Event 3:

Long Hillclimb Event.
This hillclimb extends from the start line to the T5 time split.

Division 1:
  1. 3:28.990 - rmk700
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

3:29.250 ----- Gold
  2. 3:29.690 - imfaster2!
    3:31.750 ----- Bronze
  3. 3:32.268 - Cmir
  4. 3:32.406 - Toffe
Austin343
bflagtp3.gif
DQ

Division 2:
  1. 3:31.252 - 2078TM
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
  2. 3:33.245 - DJ Baker
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

3:33.250 ----- Gold
  3. 3:35.336 - Strop
    3:38.750 ----- Bronze
  4. 3:39.600 - esh
  5. 3:40.530 - Quiksilver_GT
Division 3:
  1. 3:37.060 - OnlyMe
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
  2. 3:37.721 - EDK
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
  3. 3:38.083 - gtbadboy
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

3:38.250 ----- Gold
  4. 3:44.399 - Andy2125
  5. 3:47.008 - h18ant
    3:47.750 ----- Bronze
  6. 3:53.987 - Bigracer

gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Quick Guide To Replay Checking:
  1. check the race summary, check that the tyres are Sports – Soft and that the power is 158 hp
  2. firstly, check the replay from the farthest top view (press R1 twice as soon as the race starts then X if you need to switch to the outside camera)
  3. secondly, check the replay from the same view but in reverse (press L1)
  4. if you suspect more than two wheels leave the track, freeze the replay ('Select' button) to enter photomode
  5. if you suspect contact with a wall, check the data logger for any sudden spike in the cars speed under full throttle.

I need to verify my time? 🤬. I don't have a maxdrive. :( I guess I need to get one this week... if I can find one in a store where I live. Ordering online will take some time, won't it?

Anyway, great times by all this week. :cheers: Keeping it on track for a full lap was hard enough, let alone keeping it on track and going as fast as possible at the same time. I guess my T8-finish was pretty good, considering I was 3rd in T8. Almost beat you, imfaster2!, but not quite. But if I'm unlucky I'm going to be DQ'd anyway... so it doesn't matter much. Sigh... better scrounge up $30 and start going to a bunch of stores.

Event 2 Results Added

Event 3 Results Added

Well done to all this week, and a big congrats to all Gold winners:

imfaster2! 👍

Austin343 👍

DJ Baker 👍

2078TM 👍

OnlyMe 👍

gtbadboy 👍

rmk700 👍

EDK 👍

I was just going to submit only to realize I missed the deadline. :dopey: Oh well; here is the result I managed this week: 7'46.553

Congrats to all who ran this one, and just look at those top times... Serious racing. 👍

Well done all, incredible times ... I never even came close to any of those times. I realize I am amongst a heap of aliens, magicians and sourcerers :ill:
Many cudos to the ones that got podiumspots :bowdown:

Very well done on the main event imfaster!! :cheers:

Congrats to the gold winners. 👍

Oh, and as usual... really nice enjoyable week you did on this Sphinx. :) thank ya sir!

Well done, great competition. I'll post my replays as soon as the max drive arrives in mail(hopefully before due date). I'm here for the competition so my main concern is not winning anything but verifying my times. Whether I get the max drive on time or not, I'd still like to post my replay. There is nothing I can do at the moment, as the package is supposedly in transit. Congrats to all who participated.

wow!! holy Green Hell Batman!! what a rush...my first Div 1 win!!

some very close competition indeed. congrats to all of the gold time winners and to the podium placers as well. was tough at times to keep this little booger on the track...great job to those who got in a full clean lap. 👍

Austin343...you were very close to me for sure...just goes to show you never are sure about anything until the results are posted...great job buddy.

a very special "thanx a million" goes out to rmk700...you have always been an inspiration to me and a "master" of the Nurburgring finding those everso tough last seconds and tenths on the "Green Hell". never thought i would get past you on this track buddy. you're the best in my book my friend. 👍

last but not least...thanx to Sphinx for a most enjoyable combo this week. very addictive and a great little car to drive those 12 1/2 miles bumpy miles to achieve a time.

great job by everyone who entered this week's combo. 👍

here's my NTSC replay:

Kindly Verified clean by EDK.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• imfaster2!.WRS155.Caterham7.Nurb.7'35.162.max
    34.6 KB · Views: 10
Congrats to all the tops in all of the events. A bit of a shakeup again this week, interesting to see some new names at the top of some of the boards.

Awesome D1 times by imfaster and Austin. :bowdown:

2078TM and DJBaker, another close one at the line. :eek: Would love to see you guys racing a LAN at this place. :sly:

And Bart - Excellent job with the D3 win in limited work. I tried my best to stay close to you, but your experience here at the ring paid off nicely. Great win from you. :cheers:

I've attached 2 NTSC Ghost replays that are each named appropriately on the max file and the GT4 game screen.. The one with the total lap time of 7:59.5XX has the hillclimbs with the gold verification needed. I've also attached my main event. Although I was not a Gold, I was happy to break that elusive 8 minute barrier. 👍 If you still have trouble telling them apart, the hillclimb replay is in a black car and the main event is in an orange car. :dopey:

You will find that the hillclimb replay has a hilarious curb hop that will definitely reflect the reasons for Jerry's advice. It occurs early in the lap, just before the first hard right hander. But both are quite clean, with possible 2 wheels off track here or there, but nothing remotely close to 3 or 4 wheels off or the walls.

Even if we never make it back here, I think this combo is one I will come back to. :)

:cheers:
Kevin

EDIT:Grabbed the other Kevin's (imfaster) replay and will be back in a few. 👍

Did not want to DP, but want to be sure this gets noticed above my replays.

Checked imfaster2's replay. Nice clean lap with all of the correct specs. I will note that the lap was a full replay and not a ghost replay, but there was nothing in need of checking on the data logger and it is a very nice lap indeed.

I used a lot more first gear than you, to help with traction going into corners and I perceived it helped keep the car in the power band. I see you use DS2, but you keep it nice and smooth. Are you also using auto tranny? Just my own curiosity. :dopey:

Kindly Verified clean by imfaster2!.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• EDK WRS 155 MAIN EVENT.max
    58.2 KB · Views: 6
  • EDK_WRS_155_Hillclimbs 2 & 3 NTSC.max
    59.2 KB · Views: 6
ok...took a look at EDK's (the other Kevin) replays and they're both correct specs (hp and tires) and clean and green laps.

very clean lines that you ran on both of the replays and a couple of really nice saves...on the full lap submitle there was a nice save just before T9 with the car fish tailing down the hill (thought you were going lawnmowing on that one)...lol...on the hill climbs the 2 wheel jump off the curbing was a very nice show of control also...shows quite a bit of experience to come out of both of those. 👍

i usually dont save a replay in full lap mode but at the time of that lap i was chasing a dirty 7'34.753 ghost that i hadn't saved yet...would've been nice to get that lap clean to submit. yes i do use a DS2 controller and i am pretty smooth with it but you have to remember that ive been using a controller for almost 10 years now. as for the tranny...ive been manual shifting since GT2...seems to be faster for me but i know there are some pretty fast guys that still use an auto tranny.

my advise on using first gear as much as you did is that its not necessary to shift to that low a gear with this combo. as i was watching your replay i could tell that first gear was slowing you down a little too much in the corners. second gear would've helped you carry more speed through most of the corners you were using first gear with. i used the brake to stablize the car in some of the rough corners and esses...just barely squeezing the brake helped out alot and didn't scrub off too much speed.

you did a great job and should be very proud of your laps Kevin!!! 👍:D

ok...took a look at EDK's (the other Kevin) replays and they're both correct specs (hp and tires) and clean and green laps.

very clean lines that you ran on both of the replays and a couple of really nice saves...on the full lap submitle there was a nice save just before T9 with the car fish tailing down the hill (thought you were going lawnmowing on that one)...lol...on the hill climbs the 2 wheel jump off the curbing was a very nice show of control also...shows quite a bit of experience to come out of both of those. 👍

i usually dont save a replay in full lap mode but at the time of that lap i was chasing a dirty 7'34.753 ghost that i hadn't saved yet...would've been nice to get that lap clean to submit. yes i do use a DS2 controller and i am pretty smooth with it but you have to remember that ive been using a controller for almost 10 years now. as for the tranny...ive been manual shifting since GT2...seems to be faster for me but i know there are some pretty fast guys that still use an auto tranny.

my advise on using first gear as much as you did is that its not necessary to shift to that low a gear with this combo. as i was watching your replay i could tell that first gear was slowing you down a little too much in the corners. second gear would've helped you carry more speed through most of the corners you were using first gear with. i used the brake to stablize the car in some of the rough corners and esses...just barely squeezing the brake helped out alot and didn't scrub off too much speed.

you did a great job and should be very proud of your laps Kevin!!! 👍:D

Thanks for the replay check, the answers to my questions, and the kind feedback. 👍

Again, a very nice, smooth run you had there, glad to be able to view and learn from it.

:cheers:
Kevin

Wow! I really didn't expect to get the win after the last splits 2078TM posted. I guess my finish was even better than I thought. Congrats on another great race 2078TM, & congrats to all the other podium finishers & everyone that put in the time to pull off a clean lap this week. Some Sick times thrown down in D1. :bowdown:

Also, Major Props to Sphinx for a great combo! 👍

NTSC replay attached.

Kindly Verified clean by 01GTP.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• WRS 155 DJ Baker.max
    56.7 KB · Views: 5
I got my max drive today and need some help with it.
I know:
1- how to create a .max file(thanks to Sphinx's thread)
I don't know:
2- how to distinguish between my saves. I have many 5-6 saves on this combo however I don't know which one is the fastest.

I searched the forum to no avail. I want to know which one these 6 files is the one I'm supposed to post. What should I do? Can .max files be converted to movie files?

EDIT: Nvm, I erased all other saves so the remaining should be the one.

EDIT2: I'm trying to watch some of the replays uploaded here. I open them in PS2 Save Builder and then extract all files in a folder named the same as Root/ID. After transferring this replay(which appears as legitimate replay file in max drive software) into one of the memory cards, I open the game. The replay file doesn't appear in the game or in the memory card. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• crx1299_Yusuf_Week155.max
    22.9 KB · Views: 7
Congratulations to imfaster2! for the overall win. Awesome feeling I bet.
Congrats to all other hill climb winners and gold runners also.
Well done to the remaining podium finishers too.
👍 to those who submitted this week, as I did, but I was late.:dunce:
I'll watch crx1299's replay in a bit.

Crx1299, to answer your questions on replays. When you rename your replay on the ps2, the replay will be at the top of the save list on the memory card. Also it will be the replay on the upper left on the screen when using the ps2 browser. I use a couple of memory cards, one just for replays for max conversion. I copy from one card to the next, this also prevents seeing the "that replay number is being used" alert. It is easier to delete the other replays, no confusion that way. When a ghost replay is made it has a different name to it to begin with. A full replay will say full replay.
I don't know about making a video from a max replay.
When viewing someone else's replay, when you are in the max software you need to uncrush the replay to your memory card.
Believe me I have made all kind of frustrating mistakes in the replay processes, including deleting whole game saves, let alone the weeks divisional win.
Hope this helps.

EDIT: You can only watch NTSC replays Yusuf, unless you have a PAL setup.

crx1299's replay is clean and green. 158 hp and SS/SS tires. What an awesome replay. Are you a tester for PD or something. Very good driving Yusuf. I would have liked to see the whole lap from you. I think I know the track well, but its my driving skills that get in the way, or lack of skill.
You will do well here in the WRS. I hope you stick around as most D1 replays are PAL. The PAL videos are a big help, so keep them coming guys.

EDIT2: I'm trying to watch some of the replays uploaded here. I open them in PS2 Save Builder and then extract all files in a folder named the same as Root/ID. After transferring this replay(which appears as legitimate replay file in max drive software) into one of the memory cards, I open the game. The replay file doesn't appear in the game or in the memory card. Any help is appreciated.

You are probably copying the file from the max drive to the memory card, using the "copy" or "move" feature. Be sure to use the "Uncrush" function that is further down the screen. The files are automatically crushed when moving or copying to the max drive.

The process Kenny outlined above for knowing which replay you have is exactly what I use. You still neeed to be careful, as he says, but it takes out most of the guess work.

Nice run, and good luck. 👍

Kenny - Sorry to hear you missed the deadline. :ill: I know you had me at the line, so my podium is undeserved. :ouch:

Race on. 👍 👍

Crx1299, to answer your questions on replays. When you rename your replay [....] When viewing someone else's replay, when you are in the max software you need to uncrush the replay to your memory card.
Believe me I have made all kind of frustrating mistakes in the replay processes, including deleting whole game saves, let alone the weeks divisional win.
Hope this helps.

EDIT: You can only watch NTSC replays Yusuf, unless you have a PAL setup.

crx1299's replay is clean and green. 158 hp and SS/SS tires. What an awesome replay. Are you a tester for PD or something. Very good driving Yusuf. I would have liked to see the whole lap from you.

Only an explanation as good and detailed as yours would've made it for me:dopey:. I wasn't using uncrush function but directly copying them. It worked after uncrushing 👍. The funny thing is, in the process, I totally forgot about my qualifier-replay's existence and erased it:scared:. I can run another one with a better time but the question is: Would Sphinx accept it? or would he expel me? :nervous:. The only way to find out is to PM him. And, thank you very much for your comments. I'm glad you liked the replay.
EDK
You are probably copying the file from the max drive to the memory card, using the "copy" or "move" feature. Be sure to use the "Uncrush" function that is further down the screen. The files are automatically crushed when moving or copying to the max drive.
Thank you for taking time to explain. That was exactly what my problem was.

:cheers: Congratulations guys, sick times winning this week, and it's great that each event was won by a different person 👍 though it's a pity that they're all NTSC :( any chance of someone making videos please?

This race was very tough for me, I think I didn't get to understand how to drive this car properly :ouch:

I have contacted crx1299 via PM, and it is with regret that his WRS registration has be refused because of his failure to supply the requested qualification replay. Please read the WRS Qualifier Verification process:

WRS Qualifier Race:
Time verification:
Save your replay and keep it at least a full week after your time has been submitted:
  • top 10 fastest times will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide a replay within 3 days
  • failure to do so will result in submitted time being ignored for WRS registration
  • video replays are not accepted, only .max, .xps or .sps files can be verified (Find out more about .max files)

This therefore means that his week 155 submission will be DQ'd and the results will be adjusted accordingly.

I must stress that crx1299 is more than welcome to re-apply for WRS membership by submitting a new qualifying time that closly resembles his original submission.

I hope to see you on the track very soon, crx1299. 👍

That's really too bad, crx. This is why I'm nervous about getting a maxdrive... it sounds so impossible to use, with the risk of file corruption at every corner. Now I have a win that I really don't deserve, because Dan forgot to submit (although he would be DQ'd anyway), and now you have this misfortune.

I second what Sphinx said, I hope to see you out on the track soon with a probably even better time on the qualifier. Great lap on this one, by the way. 👍

This is why I'm nervous about getting a maxdrive... it sounds so impossible to use, with the risk of file corruption at every corner.

Buy a second memorycard and copy your lap to the new one.

Work with the new card and the maxdrive and you will have no risk of corrupting your save game.👍

Well, rules are rules. My negligence is clear. It is actually great that there are no exceptions. This is important in any system for the sake of consistency and order. Maybe, forum members should not be allowed to post splits before submitting a qualifier at all. This could be added to those rules posted above-just a suggestion. Thanks to Sphinx for noting in the board the reason of my DQ and that my lap was clean.

EDIT: Austin, I think your win is well deserved. In real life too, it is not always the fastest who wins.

What a waste ... Yusuf enters the WRS as a great new and very fast member, and now he has to be DQ'd because of the rules that we uphold that he regretfully fails to meet ... better get your stuff sorted mate, so we can enjoy your company and be amazed by your driving :bowdown: and :ouch::yuck::guilty: sorry to miss you until your sorted the hardware 👍

Congrats to all this week

I'll reiterate what I posted previously - what a hoot - the car was a ball to drive and you can't do better than this track.

And, Jerry, on top of that, the hillclimb concept was great. 👍

DJ, that was close. I figured I'd do worse on the whole lap than the splits showed - at the very end of the back straight I caught a little bit of curb as I got to the braking zone, almost lost it but did OK on the next right and then missed my braking point and almost hit the guardrail at pit in - all of which lost me between 1 1/2 and 2 seconds. In any case, congratulations on the win :cheers:

I'll submit my two replays tonight

Big congratulations to everyone who managed a clean lap around the green hell! And special kudos to all podiumfinishers, and to my fellow div-winners. 👍

Thanx to Jerry for a great combo :cheers:

Had great fun with it, although I only got in 2 sessions. I'm obviously very glad to get another win under my belt, but I was supprised to get it!! I was hoping for a good result, but thought that Kenny might snatch the victory from under my nose. But it seems he was to late submitting, so I guess I'm very lucky. Kenny, sorry to here about being too late, but I still would like to know what time you did!!

Anyway, here are my replays for your reviewing pleasure!

Kindly Verified clean by Bigracer.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• OnlyMe_WRS155_PAL.max
    33.5 KB · Views: 5
  • OnlyMe_WRS155_Hillclimb_PAL.max
    18.6 KB · Views: 5
NTSC replay attached.

DJ Baker's lap is clean and with the correct specs. 158 hp SS/SS Practice

All race times confirmed by this lap.

Nice driving too, no kerb hops or anything like that, just a nice clean lap. 👍

Sorry I'm so late with this one just returned home yesterday. I'm pretty sure this is the replay for event #2 and #3 if not please let me know and I'll correct it straight away.

Kindly Verified clean by 2078TM & 01GTP.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• gtbadboy_week155.max
    55.6 KB · Views: 6
Sphinx -

I hope to get a Maxdrive tomorrow. If I can get it and put my replay up tomorrow evening (at -6 GMT), will you accept it? If I don't get it or that's too late, just DQ me.

Sphinx -

I hope to get a Maxdrive tomorrow. If I can get it and put my replay up tomorrow evening (at -6 GMT), will you accept it? If I don't get it or that's too late, just DQ me.

That's fine. 👍

Thanks for keeping us informed. 👍

If you require more time, just let us know.

Here are my replays - sorry they're so late but it was a hectic week.

Labeled correctly, I hope. One replay for the full lap and the other for both T3 and T5

Edit:

Checked Ron's (GTBadboy) replay and both T3 and T5 are clean and green
👍👍

Kindly Verified clean by 01GTP.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• 2078TM WK155 Full Lap.max
    50.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 2078TM WK155 T3 T5.max
    41.2 KB · Views: 5