• Power: (+0%) 416hp
  • Weight: (-10%) 900kg
  • Driving Aids: ANY
  • Top Speed: Any
  • Transmission: Any
  • Tyre Type: Racing - Mediums

Week 160 Race Specifics:

Standard OLR Rules.

You can use all areas of the track, rumbles and concrete , just as long as you stay off the walls. 👍

Stewards Comments:

A strange one this week. It may look simple, but when you’re pushing to the limit you may find frustration setting in. The question is, can you handle it?.

Week 160 Race Preview :

TBA…

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • no hybrids
  • no cheating of any kind
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • save your replay ('Save Ghost Replay' icon)

Thread rules:

The following info cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):
  • lap time
  • any information which can be used to infer lap time

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM to me (Sphinx):
  • you can submit only once per race
  • please include in your submission PM your division, name and final lap time
  • deadline is Tuesday 20th May 9pm GMT
  • if you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Time verification:

Save your replay and keep it at least a full week after the time has been submitted:
  • all gold times each week will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide a replay before the next race deadline
  • failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from WRS results
  • video replays are not accepted, only .max, .xps or .sps files can be verified
  • Those who have .xps or .sps files, can they please convert them to .max before submission

I can handle the car and that rubber, but the track ... it's maybe my eyes, but just like in NY it's sometimes difficult to see where you're going :scared: especially in the narrowest parts of the track.
Anyway, a good reason to getting to know this part of GT4 better 👍

it's maybe my eyes, but just like in NY it's sometimes difficult to see where you're going

Hopefully I can stay in front of you this week, Steven and show you the way. :eek:

I can handle the car and that rubber, but the track ... it's maybe my eyes, but just like in NY it's sometimes difficult to see where you're going :scared: especially in the narrowest parts of the track.
Anyway, a good reason to getting to know this part of GT4 better 👍

That's why you need to learn to know where you're going :sly:

REVERSE!!!! wow
I don't think I ever did a good run forward :ill::ouch:...now reverse:scared:

Thank you Kenny and Hugo for the advice. I did some 20 laps or so and actually the view of the track is much better than I feared.

First splits: 18.974 - 35.158 18.801 - 34.825

Like last week, T2 won't mean much because of the final 20 seconds of the lap ... this week there's this darn roundabout to negotiate right before the finish of which I have absolutely NO clue where to touch the apex and hit the gas :ill: any hints please?

Just wondering - is it short-track season these weeks? :lol:

EDIT board init EDIT updated up to post 9

Not having tried this combo yet, I think I can't agree with Steven: in my opinion, at Seoul reverse, the last sector is the easiest. For sure it's a short track, but all the corners are tricky enough... :mischievous:

ran a quick session and managed these splits using 290 gearing

DS2 used, lost a little in the fast chickane but made up for it with a well timed last corner, shift at the red line, stay in 5th as u approach the last bend, use 4th gear for first at around 120km/h, 3rd for second at 100km/h, then 4th gear for the chickane, cheers

Ran about 10 laps this morning

I was never a fan of reverse tracks , hoping to improve quite soon. Oh I am using 270 gearing.

I should have time for this one, and I know the track fairly well so hopefully that helps.

First splits:

T1: 17.866
T2: 33.581

As usual a bad last sector so hopefully I can improve that sector.

Coo, it doesn't like turning and braking, does it? Reminds me of the late '90s UK-spec Subaru Imprezas. :D

T1: 18.118
T2: 34.098

But enough fun to keep trying, I think. I don't like walls much, and Seoul makes me cross-eyed, and getting a good line through the 'bulb' will make me think for a bit... but I'll keep trying.

Finally got a session in. I was trying to race with no color for a while as the Monster component cable I had crapped out, so I got a new Sony one. Ever try racing a city track with a black and white screen?
Don't try.
At least it was still 1080i, though it did not help any.
Anyway

I like 270 gearing also.

Finally got a session in. I was trying to race with no color for a while as the Monster component cable I had crapped out, so I got a new Sony one. Ever try racing a city track with a black and white screen?
Don't try.
At least it was still 1080i, though it did not help any.
Anyway

I like 270 gearing also.

Haha, that should be interesting. never done that before. Running a modern game on a B&W tv would be interesting. like comparing atari to PS3.. haha... or drinking 3 bottles of wine then trying to hotlap against the D1. Wait hotlappers aren't real racers anyway. JK

Jαke;3021952
or drinking 3 bottles of wine then trying to hotlap against the D1.
Been there done that.. Can't remember most of it.. :lol: ..

But I have tried playing GT after having 6 cans.. too many.. Ohh dear, never again :crazy:

Speaking of drinking while GT.. I might have to crack open a few cans for this weeks combo, I've only managed a couple of clean laps. Street courses are not my specialty, in fact I've only ever won 1 OLR around a street course and it wasn't Seoul :indiff: ...

I'll give it a crack and post up splits after bowling tonight:tup:

Wayne

Just finished my first session for this week. Running side by side with Kenny at Chuk's house. 👍

Nice combo, will be back!

:cheers:
Kevin

The results of my very quick first session of the week (between work and play)

Still plenty of room for improvement left, but had to cut my session short.

I've had a few pops so flame me if please :P

I don't have my ps2 atm so I decided to try this with the ps3 and wow, a few things. First off I had to find a game save for gt4 and did thanks to solid lifters(he has a ps3 how to swap game saves thread) 👍 Second is the graphics :crazy: I'm used to gt5p but also there must be something wrong with this track, it's soo hard to see, also some dre's to boot which seem amplified with the ps3. Anywho....

I'm learning to use a wheel all be it an old driving force, and I'm having a blast with this combo, like Jerry thought of us crusties who need to learn the wheel for future games. I'm not sure if using the ps3 is a good idea or not but I do know I can't use the six axis at all like I can a ds2 with the ps2.

Blah blah blah..... I'm on a 34.0x and will keep on truck'n a while to see how it goes.

:cheers:

Improvments :)

33.733 ... slower @ T2 but quicker at the line.

wayne

I had similar results yesterday, waynz.
Slower t1 and t2 but faster at the line by .2ish. Kevin and I are trying to help each other on this one. Its good to bounce ideas of each other and see what works for each individual. I think we worked out the last roundabout and thats why my last sector is quicker.

t1 is a bit slower and t2 was almost the same as the posted splits.
I've been working on the right, left before t2 trying to accelerate as early as possible for the straight to that last roundabout. Its working.

Just started running this and man what a difference from GT5 I am getting spoiled now... Fun combo but hard to see!

18.218 / 33.676

Erik MSN?

Ok, tried a bit:

T1 - 17.896
T2 - 33.245

Still not sure if I should drive it like the rally car it is (first and last corner) or if clean lines are better :dopey:

Peter

Still not sure if I should drive it like the rally car it is (first and last corner) or if clean lines are better :dopey:

Both seem to work o.k., as long as it's not super hero style I think a little drifting is much more fun :)

I've been messing around with a few things as a personal test. I started this out with ps3/wheel and got down to 33.56x t2, the splits Steven posted are from ps2/ds2 and not many laps, 33.488 t2. I'm gonna try ps2/wheel now and see how that goes, I'm hoping I will be fastest that way and can lay my butons to rest once and for all :dopey: So for now....

17.818 / 33.488

I can see alot I'm leaving out there, back in a bit 👍

EDIT: Woop Woop, I'm within .2 of my ds2 ghost :cool: A few things I forgot to mention; playing gt4 with a sux assis is just that so I want to get a ds2/ps3 cable dealie to see, also my graphics with gt4/ps3 are wild as hell with flashing crap all over the screen, I'm thinking this is some sort of dre that I don't notice on the ps2.

Back