GT4 WRS Week 161 : BMW 320i Touring Car ‘03 @ Circuit de la Sarthe I

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 44 comments
Woohoo! Managed to do a race without any AI contact!

Lap 1:
T1: 43.764
T3: 2.01.305
T5: 3.07.870

Lap 2:
T1: 38.242
T2: 01.56.655
T3: 03.03.195

First reported splits for me. One AI side touch with the Cusco entering the first back straight chicane, and I am still a bit off from my goal, so I will keep at this one. 👍

Lap 1:
T1: 43.712
T3: 2.00.474
T5: 3.06.808

Lap 2:
T1: 37.290
T2: 01.55.177
T3: 03.01.006

:cheers:
Kevin

EDIT: Ran Some more and picked up some time. Also surpassed my goal. :) But I am having fun with this one, so I think I'll keep at it. :dopey:

Lap 1:
T1: 43.615
T3: 1.59.907
T5: 3.06.298

Lap 2:
T1: 37.483
T3: 1.54.199
T5: 3.00.604

EDIT: I guess I had hit my peak. As long as it takes to run one of these, I'm less interested in tenths now. Submitting......

BTW - This lap has a small AI touch in the first chicane with the Cusco again. This time, the AI brushes my right rear quarter panel as we exit the turn. The AI tends to be a little unpredictable, so my thanks to Jerry for the realistic rules this week, and a fun combo to boot. 👍

I'm posting some times for gtbadboy as he doesn't have internet service at his summer residence.
Thanks in advance to the updater(s).

Lap 1
2'02.119
3'08.593

Lap 2
1'56.955
3'03.935

Where did everybody go?

I wasn't going to run this week as I don't care much for the track, but the car is a good one so I'll try and get something up soon.

EDIT: First try after 2 restarts with 290; 3'08 and 3'02, got a ways to go I'll be back

I didn't mean to skip out but started a new job a few weeks back and haven't had the bandwidth or energy to put into WRS. I also can't divide what little time I have between PS3/GT5 and PS2/GT4 and so my poor PS3 has been collecting dust basically.

This weekend (The Threesome in Emeryville) will be my last effort at GT4, after that I'm retiring the PS2 and moving on to GT5. I really hope that you guys start up something similar to WRS for GT5P as I'll really miss it otherwise.

It's been a real pleasure racing with you all, you've shown me what can be done and I've learnt a lot.

Cheers Strop, no mater how things shake down some of us will be around, and I don't forget familiar faces, especially the cool ones. :cheers:

It's been a real pleasure racing with you all, you've shown me what can be done and I've learnt a lot.
Thanks for saying bye, and likewise 👍 I guess it's the time to make swaps like this, altho I wonder how soon those few tracks in the new game will get me bored. Never probably :lol:

Jerry, your thoughts on WRS for GT5P?

For some reason my times did not make it to the Luxy earlier.
The new times have been submitted! good luck!

Got a second off at the finish but i'm not quite sure it has 2 or 3 AI contacts, so i'll be submitting the slower time. :(

Time submitted.

I also submitted a slower time because of a possible wall touch that is too close to call clean as I tried to catch the touch but could not. So as not to have anybody take the time on such a close call its just easier to sub a certainly clean run, as long as the red areas are clean. I hope to get a gold with this time but I think its going to be close.

Aargh, I ran a few more races but did not save one as I planed on going faster, then I got a phone call. Silly me for waiting till the last moment, I have no time to turn in :(

Good luck all.

Back