GT4 WRS Week 162 : Week 23 Revisited: How Do You Stack Up?

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 54 comments

Sphinx

Staff Emeritus
United Kingdom
England
GTP_Sphinx
:: GT4 WRS Week 162 ::

:: Toyota Altezza Touring Car '01 ::

fJnapre45J1TeSkRyN2UdEASFkL4jSaT0280.jpg

:: MidField Raceway (Forward) ::

Race Details:
  • Mode: Arcade Mode > Time Trial > Original Circuits
  • Track: MidField Raceway (Forward)
  • Make: Japan > Toyota
  • Model: Toyota Altezza Touring Car '01

Vehicle Specifics:
  • Power: (+20%) 361hp
  • Weight: (-10%) 900kg
  • Driving Aids: ANY
  • Top Speed: Any
  • Transmission: Any
  • Tyre Type: Any combination and compound

Week 162 Race Specifics:

The two grey concrete extentions within the two tunnels are NOT part of the track.

Stewards Comments:

This week we are revisiting WRS Week 23.

DISCUSSION THREAD:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=70484

RESULTS THREAD:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=70764

Can you beat these guys:

As you can see by the week 23 results there was a full house that week, and it boasted an array of top drivers from around the world. How do you stack up against some of the best? Well, here’s your chance to find out.

The normal rules apply this week, please do not discuss full lap times.

Week 163 Race Preview :

TBA…

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • no hybrids
  • no cheating of any kind
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • save your replay ('Save Ghost Replay' icon)

Thread rules:

The following info cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):
  • lap time
  • any information which can be used to infer lap time

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM to me (Sphinx):
  • you can submit only once per race
  • please include in your submission PM your division, name and final lap time
  • deadline is Tuesday 3rd June 9pm GMT
  • if you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Time verification:

Save your replay and keep it at least a full week after the time has been submitted:
  • all gold times each week will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide a replay before the next race deadline
  • failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from WRS results
  • video replays are not accepted, only .max, .xps or .sps files can be verified
  • Those who have .xps or .sps files, can they please convert them to .max before submission

Reading these old posts are quite interesting and there is a lot of NTSC replays also.
Looks like a good combo and I can't wait to see how I do after the first couple of sessions.
Its hard to believe the photo is still kicking around the web (or on someone's hard drive) after a couple years.

That is a great idea dude, I'll see if I can best my previous time now :) Ahhh memories of the glory days of GT4, my first time in the BC(5) and look at that full results listing no wonder CFM got worn out whew! And I now know that I won't be beating that time I imagine, I now remember this combo exactly and I spent about 15 hours on it alone OI! that I can't do, I'm .2 behind my old splits and way more than that at the finish :rolleyes: lol

Jerome

Great idea, Jerry. 👍

Ran a first session tonight and got something I am reasonably happy with posting as first splits. But without this weekend to run due to SFGTP5, not sure that I will manage to be competitive with the old D2. :scared:

Losing a lot in the second sector here, I need to clean up my line through there for sure. I'm using 280 gearing with RSS tires on both ends.

I'll be back.

:cheers:
Kevin

LOL, hope I can beat my time from 2 years ago :)

My first attempt.

T1 - 0'20.275
T2 - 0'39.538

heaps of fun this one... Tonnes of grip :)

Wayne

First session
270 gearing

I'm losing my time on the lefty before t2.

My first splits:

T1: 20.516
T2: 39.831

Great combo!

Funny to see that there where once people even faster then Hol01 ;)

I had another session this morning and made some progress.

I also talked to gtbadboy this morning and I have some splits from him.

I had 10 laps last night first splits with room left to improve...

This is my first laps back trying to get used to the wheel again. Alot of improvement still left.

t2 split is horrible. :ouch:

UPDATE: Ran 4 more laps

Finally managed to pry myself away from the PS3 long enough to have an initial session... haha

280 gearing with RSS tires:

Plenty of improvements left to make!

Thank you 2k2 for not being dlbf for this time/version of Luxy :sly:

I do what I can 👍

Amazing how much time I was leaving on the tarmac in one turn.... and there's till more to take. Perhaps I should have waited and posted THESE first runs...

New board with some crazy div2/div3 splits swapping around high places :lol: EDIT updated up to post 19

First splits from this prologue addict :): 21.116 - 40.988

Thank you 2k2 for not being dlbf for this time/version of Luxy :sly:

Had to blow the dust off the PS2 and load up GT4 for the first time in ages for this one :) an hour in so far and I have a decent save with 20.344 / 39.366 ... seen a few mid 20.2's at T1 so probably another .1 or .2 for me to grab, not been on GT4 for bloomin yonks but I found much more speed throughout the lap when I ditched the DFP and bumper cam I've been using on GT5P and went back to my old kiddy view and the Dpad :dopey:

Cool combo even the 2nd time around :cheers:

Im going to take a shot at this one , my times are about .500 off of Waynz pace so far.

Just a question , where do you guys shift ?
I am changing right at the rev limit or when the red light blinks.

you will get a bit more speed if you go as far into the redline as possible before gearing up and off course before it hits the limit and bounces back 👍

but I found much more speed throughout the lap when I ditched the DFP and bumper cam I've been using on GT5P and went back to my old kiddy view and the Dpad :dopey:

Cheater :sly:

Good to have you back in here, if even for a short stint, Ron. 👍

I managed to improve a little on the splits and a lot at the line tonight.

I'm a little off from my goal, so I might end up having to clean this one up Monday night after SFGTP3. :crazy:

:cheers:
Kevin

well I shan't miss this one, i'll jump on board once i have a replay, already ran the lap, quick lap too:tup:

I'm posting some splits for gtbadboy again. Quite an improvement too.

First corner is messing me up , I haven't found the right braking line yet. I'm using a wheel on this one but I might jus decide to use a DS2.

I am using a DFP and got...

I have even been trying 260 gearing and getting pretty close to my best.

new splits with 270:

Times submitted, so this will be my last LUXY..

T1 - 0'20.346
T2 - 0'39.565

I was a whole 0.050 quicker at the line than my previous best which isn't a lot yeah but going by WRS 25, I'm not taking any chances ;) ...

Thanks for the awsome combo Sphinx 👍

Good luck to all who's still in it. See you all next week 👍

wayne

LUXY updated
Retried lapping Midfield but couldn't seem to overtake my ghost. How grainy GT4 looks all of a sudden!

Great times guys. 👍 Don't know, where you find it. :dopey:

Another session and this is very very close to a perfect run from me:

An old D2 racer is back to give it a go... (I'm probably down to D3 since I haven't been on in over 2+ years)

T1: 20.6
T2: 40.1

Back