• Weight: (-10%) 1008kg
  • Driving Aids: ANY
  • Top Speed: Any
  • Transmission: Any
  • Tyre Type: Racing - Super Soft

Week 165 Race Specifics:

Standard OLR rules apply.

Stewards Comments:

Don’t let the reverse track put you off. After a short time I’m sure you’ll enjoy this combo.

Week 166 Race Preview :

TBA…

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • no hybrids
  • no cheating of any kind
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • save your replay ('Save Ghost Replay' icon)

Thread rules:

The following info cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):
  • lap time
  • any information which can be used to infer lap time

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM to me (Sphinx):
  • you can submit only once per race
  • please include in your submission PM your division, name and final lap time
  • deadline is Tuesday 24th June 9pm GMT
  • if you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Time verification:

Save your replay and keep it at least a full week after the time has been submitted:
  • all gold times each week will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide a replay before the next race deadline
  • failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from WRS results
  • video replays are not accepted, only .max, .xps or .sps files can be verified
  • Those who have .xps or .sps files, can they please convert them to .max before submission

default top speed

1'04.525

Still a lot of time available and I'd like to see other splits before I put up a good 2/3 lap and find out 1 sector is crap. Think this is the first course where I can go all out near the end of the lap and not crash every time.

nice combo 👍

decided to run 1 more time since the last splits were a real bad estimate, I'll be back on the weekend

15.334 (15.218)
43.008 (42.6~)
1'03.520 (.8-1s maybe)

probably a DFP combo since this car likes to spin out with no pressure on the accelerator

Looking forward to spending some time on this week's race, haven't been to TM reverse in WRS in almost a year, last time was GT mode in a Z3. I ran the M3 coupe on TM forward at SFGTP3 and managed to edge out Nick for the win in a pick and mix, and ran the reverse in the Weddsport Celica in a pick and mix and managed a win as well. So this one might be more my style. :sly: :mischievous:

Hopefully some splits later tonight. 👍

Ran a few laps tonight. 1'04.2xx and hopefully quicker as the week progresses. Fuji was fun but this is a blast. 👍

Fun Combo. :D Even with the RSS tires, just enough spin and slip to keep in interesting. 👍

Have my first splits of the week.

1:04.768

Have some pretty good ideas of where I am losing it, but keeping it fast and keeping it off the walls, rocks, etc. are opposing forces. Trial Mountain is almost like running on a city course, maybe that's why I like it so much. ;)

Anyhow, a fairly productive first session with plenty of time to clean this one up.

:cheers:
Kevin

First 10 min run...GREAT combo!!!!👍👍

T1 - 15.357
T2 - 43.760
T3- 1'05.178

Have fun yall!!!

First splits this week:
t1= 15.726
t2= 43.599
t3= 1'04.692

Here's to hoping I can run all week and find some time on the track! Last week's storm almost took the entire restaurant stock!👍

First splits this week:
t1= 15.726
t2= 43.599
t3= 1'04.692

Here's to hoping I can run all week and find some time on the track! Last week's storm almost took the entire restaurant stock!👍

Glad to see you made it through the storm. That sucks you lost all that food though. How long was the power out?

15.695 / 43.468 / 1'04.133

BOARD Updated to post #13

I had a short go last night to get a feel and just ran a few more, fun stuff 👍

15.207 / 42.883 / 103.533

Still some more for me to grab but it will take some time.

Couldn't resist the Delta's magnetism :P

Seen low 15's at T1 but always errors afterwards :( best clean lap so far has 15.4 / 43.0 / 1'03.5
I'll be back for sure :) 👍

Ran another session tonight and picked up quite a bit in the splits and at the line. New splits -

1:04.058

Made the most inprovement in the 3rd sector. Have seen much faster at T1, as good at 15.2XX, so I expect to make some solid improvement by the week's end. :mischievous:

BOARD Updated

Left Ron off until he has full splits he is happy with. :P

:cheers:
Kevin

The Delta is a great car and TM reverse is even better than forward, so I'm a great fan too. :D

First, and definitely not last, session:

1'04.027

Default gearing.

Close racing again, Kevin. :scared:

Just ran a short session and made up a few tenths :) .. my best clean so far has 15.343 / 42.881 / 1'03.195

I will be running again tonight and probably submit after that as I don't see much left other than a couple of tenths at T1 and carrying it .. Have fun guys! this combo is a blast :cheers:

enjoy the combo Jerry but, man the first esse is giving me fits!:crazy:

I found if I slow down before the esses and accelerate through (staying in 6th gear) it is quite easy. I found that braking too late would give the car oversteer and accelerating through diminishes the oversteer.
Of course you may already know this but it took me a little time to realize it. :dunce: Actually I hope its the correct way through there. It seems fast.
As I'm last on Luxy I wouldn't listen to me. :odd:

First splits and it took me 1.5 hrs to come up with these. :indiff:

1'05.382

^^ I realized that too about the esses, (a little later though... haha.)

15.348 / 43.298 / 1'03.859
15.291 / 43.422 / 1'03.756
15.474 / 43.093 / 1'03.618

BOARD updated

As I'm last on Luxy I wouldn't listen to me. :odd:

There's no last place here, were all family, there is just other siblings who refuse to tell us their secrets :P

Jerome

Hey Jerome, I know what you mean on trying to figure out how to do some things in GT4. I've been playing some game TrackMania Nations Forever which is pretty much a perfect racing game except the realistic physics, easy access to ghost runs, easy to share replays, online mode is who can run the quickest hotlap of a 30 sec-1 min track in 6 minutes and many custom maps. Pretty much the best online system I've seen as you can race anyone in the world with no lag, but far too addicting.

I saw that you got Grid, that might be less addicting and a nice alternative to GT4 as I've tried every alternative to maxdrive with no success even a PS2 emulator but my PC is a bit too slow, can you tell me about Grid.

Some first splits:

T1: 15.549
T2: 43.236
T3: 1'04.082

Still time to take of course. Those tyres really give a LOT of grip!

15.521 / 43.235 / 1'03.534 No improvement on the board but captured another .15 at the line...

BOARD updated to post #30

Hey guys hows it going?
I just completed my second session of the day.
I can see badboys bumper real good. :mischievous:
Just waiting for Andy now. :sly:

1'04.669

Hey Kevin, congrats on the 1 year anniversary. :cheers:

And Erik thanks for the tips at Fuji.

Grid is a fun game I'd say one of the better ones out there with all things considered, its like a better version of NFS Pro Street where they try to make a hybrid arcade/sim game you can'y adjust settings, but the physics are pretty good. That is until you go online and see people making their cars fly 4 feet in the air, land and still keep up with you :odd: Its kept my attention for about a week, lol. I just finished it and there are the same noob 'tards online still as in GT5P but atleast damage helps prevent that...until they damage you :/ I'm afraid to go back to GT4 with the wheel cause the physics in GT4 are so unique, its much harder for me to be so dang fast if I'm not 100% comfortable and in control. But it does look tempting :D

Jerome

first splits in. Damn, what a hard combo, even harder if I compare my splits to these here on the board ;).

T1: 15.810
T2: 44.012
T3: 1.05.352

After 5 laps.

T1: 0'15.494
T2: 0'43.594
T3: 1'04.425

I think it's going to take more than 5 laps to do a podium worthy time.. :( ... still, 90mins untill the Formula 1's are on. Plenty of laps awaits.. :D

EDIT:

Improvment:
T1: 0'15.284
T2: 0'43.285
T3: 1'03.983

@ jmgyro. Try braking with very little wheel movement before you try the all throttle solution. I rarely have any steering movment when I brake and it helps me. It's also a bad habbit to get into when GT5 is so close and from what we've seen from Prologue you cannot use all throttle & brake as it upsets the car and in some cases barely slows the car down at all.. :)

Wayne

Back