GT4 WRS Week 165 : Lancia @ Trial Mountain Reverse

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 74 comments
Here are my splits from this morning. I'm within a few tenths of my fastest, but I still hope to have another session or two before the end of the week.
15.465 / 43.143 / 1'03.484 :)

Nice splits, Chuck. 👍
Ran a few more this morning and picked up a little on the splits and at the line.

1:03.808

Have seen much better T1's, but I had a perfect turn in at the top of the hill before T2 on this one and it's tough to duplicate.

Still a ways off from my goal and I have some time to get this one right. :)

:cheers:
Kevin

EDIT:
@ jmgyro. Try braking with very little wheel movement before you try the all throttle solution. I rarely have any steering movment when I brake and it helps me. It's also a bad habbit to get into when GT5 is so close and from what we've seen from Prologue you cannot use all throttle & brake as it upsets the car and in some cases barely slows the car down at all.. :)

Wayne

Some great advice here. I've made similar coments to some friends looking for help outside the forum. You can brake late with the soft tires, but for the most part, it should be in a straight line, like in a real car. :dopey:

Great splits Chuck 👍 I'll get some more laps in after the F1 tomorrow and see if I can grab a tenth or 2 .. not much more than that available for me tbh.

Nice work man :cheers:

Yes, great splits chuk.
Haven't I seen the guy in your avatar somewhere, MrP?
Oh Yeah!!
Its Snake. :sly:

GReat splits Chuck! 👍 I don't think I can catch that one but we did have a bit of improvement this morning.

1'04.518

Just trying to keep Kenny in my rear view for a while longer.:scared:

Edit:
1'04.293

Some new splits:

T1: 15.688
T2: 43.291
T3: 1'03.677

The second half of that lap felt really good, but T1 can be better. Have seen a T1 of 15.2xx.

T1: 15.341
T2: 43.334
T3: 1'04.526

What do you guys think of those for a Div.III driver??

Found some inspiration for some pics. 👍

chuk165-01.jpg

chuk165-02.jpg

not that this car spins out that much, I just seem to do it on my laps where im doing great after T2 and I doubt going full accelerator would help

seen some 15.1's at T1 and then some 15.3's at T1 which doesn't put me in a good mindset for the rest of the track, either im at 15.3 and then I pull off a great lap or im at 15.1 then mess up 1 turn. Seen one 15.059, but couldn't do anything with it. Feel like I could get .8 off my lap, but not consistent enough.

Another couple of short sessions:

1'03.951

Can't seem to hit a decent T1, otherwise lap is OK. Will probably submit this.

Hi Bollocks. Nice to see you over here. :) Too bad you didn't take the qualification serious as you definitely don't belong in div 2. 👍

Well, maybe now it's the time to pull out that finger: :sly:

1'03.481

A pretty nervous finish though. :nervous:

Hi Bollocks. Nice to see you over here. :) Too bad you didn't take the qualification serious as you definitely don't belong in div 2. 👍

Well, maybe now it's the time to pull out that finger: :sly:

1'03.481

A pretty nervous finish though. :nervous:

Nice splits, Niels.

I'm having the same problem as you, made quite a bit of improvement at the line, but can't get below that 1:03.8XX T3. Seems that every time I get a decent T1, I give it all back in the second sector.

Will have time for another long session today, as I am off work this week and traveling for vacation later in the week.

Will see what all of this brings..

:cheers:
Kevin

tried again with holding the throttle down more and it took a lot of the randomness out the turns for me

btw how fast are you guys taking the left hander in the sector after T2, hate testing that because I hate clipping those rocks

update: nm I've been seeing the .2 that I've been losing on that corner, very unforgiving though. Was riding 15.079/42.620 then clipped the side there

@CMir I dont think that grey part is considered track but even if it were, I don't think going on the grass with 2 tires on that stuff is faster

Does this mean we don't submit this week's time to you? Who do we send our times to, then?

Send your submissions to me and I'll get the results posted as soon as I can. 👍

Wow guys! Never before have I had to work so hard, in a car that i had this much fun driving, to get splits that were barely good enough to post! :boggled:

1'05.176

I'd like to say that I could grab the excess time I see in my replay before the deadline... but not too sure about that :)

Splits got worse, time got a little better. :dopey:

Lap submitted, good luck to all still giving this one a shot. 👍

See y'all @ Infineon (Here?:sly:)

Sorry mates, no split posts from me and no submission either - real life and stuff, but also Prologue sucking up all online attention. Catch you all later!

Back