GT4 WRS Week 167 : Subaru @ Grand Valley East

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 89 comments

Two tenths faster at the line. But man, this combo is frustrating when you aren't using a steering wheel and pedals... Too hard to balance with the DS2.

A marginal improvement:

But man, this combo is frustrating when you aren't using a steering wheel and pedals... Too hard to balance with the DS2.

Nope! Great fun with DS2. :D

Yeah yeah yeah, :P I'm just saying, after experiencing GT5P with a G25, it's just soooo much easier for me to be precise with the throttle and braking and steering all at once... I'm probably out of "shape" with my thumbs too...

Yeah yeah yeah, :P I'm just saying, after experiencing GT5P with a G25, it's just soooo much easier for me to be precise with the throttle and braking and steering all at once... I'm probably out of "shape" with my thumbs too...

My thumbs are in tip top shape! Leaving me hovering up around the current top to Division III.

I want a G25:ouch:

Can't seem to put together any more cohesive laps. Submitted.

EDIT: Just saw I got until the 8th.

I ran another session with 270 and got a better laptime (by 0.02) which I'm submitting, with a slower T2 (there's still 0.1 or more).

Well, I went backwards as far as T1 is concerned, but gained two tenths at the line:

Just can't seem to get it down much lower than that. Perhaps I have already hit my range for the week :indiff:

Some new splits for me, they are actually a little slower but matched up with a great last sector. :)

Still going to try for some more, but I've surpassed my goal for the week already. 👍

BOARD Updated through my post.

Just submitted my final time which was rather rubbish in the end. (0.2 seconds down from best times @ sector 1 and 2). Didn't help that my TV died last week, so I've had to revert to my 8YO box that makes it so dark that when going through the tunnel you can't actually see the road.

Well, I had a nice little breakthrough when I changed up the gearing from 270 to 300.

Still trying to clean up a few spots. Hopefully will shave off some more tenths before submitting!

Just submitted my final time which was rather rubbish in the end. (0.2 seconds down from best times @ sector 1 and 2). Didn't help that my TV died last week, so I've had to revert to my 8YO box that makes it so dark that when going through the tunnel you can't actually see the road.
I don't know if you know already, but when you pause during a session you have the screen settings option and you can go in there and increase the contrast and brightness. Even on good screens I typically raise the contrast and brightness settings. 👍

I hope to have another go tonight, not satisfied being this "far" back... :nervous: :P

I don't know if you know already, but when you pause during a session you have the screen settings option and you can go in there and increase the contrast and brightness. Even on good screens I typically raise the contrast and brightness settings. 👍

I hope to have another go tonight, not satisfied being this "far" back... :nervous: :P

Already done that which allowed me to just be able to recognise the road everywhere else and see the lines in the tunnel...
The TV is that BAD... :D

The interesting thing was that before I did that and couldn't quite see the gravel marks in the road anywhere (the road was just a solid black 'area' to keep on), I couldn't keep up with my ghost no matter how much I tried.
It's amazing how much you rely on subliminal 'cues' like that fractional moment when the dots stop moving across the screen to get onto the throttle and how much of an impact it has on your gameplay.

Ok, I can't get any faster, so I'm gonna hope my last sector is .2 faster than yours, GTBadboy.

Submitted.

Ran one more session tonight and I've found consistency, hitting just about 0.1 slower than my hotlap with consistency. :dopey:

So time submitted with splits shown. Good luck to any still running.

:cheers:
Kevin

Ok, I can't get any faster, so I'm gonna hope my last sector is .2 faster than yours, GTBadboy.

Submitted.

If you're only .2 behind at t2 it could be a very interesting finish.
Good Luck:tup: Regardless it was a very nice combo and plenty of fun this week!

Edit: Almost forgot. MustangGT90210, I meant to tell you that my first car when I came back from overseas in '70 was a brand new Mustang Mach I with a Cleveland 351 in it. Sure wish I had that little pony today!

Never got back to this which is all too familiar for me! I find time early in the week and then I get sidetracked for the rest of the week when my intentions are to go back and chip away the final tenths :(

Time submitted with the same splits as on the leaderboard .. GL all :cheers:
Great combo Jerry 👍

If you're only .2 behind at t2 it could be a very interesting finish.
Good Luck:tup: Regardless it was a very nice combo and plenty of fun this week!

Edit: Almost forgot. MustangGT90210, I meant to tell you that my first car when I came back from overseas in '70 was a brand new Mustang Mach I with a Cleveland 351 in it. Sure wish I had that little pony today!

If I had the money for a newer Mach I and it's gas and insurance then I'd definately buy that come October. T'would be a great first car.

I think this is going to be a very close competition this week. What speeds were you entering the last set of corners at?

Time submitted. Had another session, but no improvements.

See you at the next one. :)

Time submitted.
No improvements with the last couple sessions.
Good luck with the results everyone.

Cleaned up some sectors but couldn't string them all together for a faster lap. Submitting my posted splits.

Good Luck to anyone still running!

Back