Staff Emeritus
United Kingdom
England
GTP_Sphinx

Week 168 Results:

Clio Sport Trophy V6 24V Race Car ‘00 @ Citta di Aria

i1JdQTCKmC2Mt29q9OnEBLxLBQe7L54a0280.jpg

Important notice:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" when all posted replays have been checked. After 7 days, any racers achieving a Gold time who do not provide a replay will have their lap disqualified.

Please Note:
I will update this post during the week to include any posted replays and also keep track of which replays have been checked and by whom.

Replay Verification:
This week we would like to see all gold times except for jmgyro and gtbadboy.

Division 1:
  1. 1:31.940 - crx1299
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
  2. 1:33.388 - jmgyro
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

1:33.500 ----- Gold
  3. 1:33.752 - Cmir
  4. 1:34.729 - Tomivav
  5. 1:34.904 - Jake
    1:35.000 ----- Bronze
  6. 1:35.110 - Le Stig
  7. 1:35.303 - DSMAZDAGTR
  8. 1:35.380 - Sphinx
Division 2:
  1. 1:34.576 - EDK
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

1:35.000 ----- Gold
  2. 1:35.914 - chukabilly
  3. 1:37.079 - NielsG
    1:37.500 ----- Bronze
  4. 1:38.498 - DJ Baker
    Bollocks#999
    bflagtp3.gif
    (Replay has not been provided in due time.)
Division 3:
  1. 1:35.558 - gtbadboy
    1:35.750 ----- Gold
  2. 1:35.789 - 01GTP
  3. 1:37.129 - 2k2 Z28
  4. 1:37.352 - OnlyMe
gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Quick Guide To Replay Checking:
  1. check the race summary, check that the tyres are Racing - Hard and that the power is 235 hp
  2. firstly, check the replay from the farthest top view (press R1 twice as soon as the race starts then X if you need to switch to the outside camera)
  3. secondly, check the replay from the same view but in reverse (press L1)
  4. if you suspect more than two wheels leave the track, freeze the replay ('Select' button) to enter photomode
  5. if you suspect contact with a wall, check the data logger for any sudden spike in the cars speed under full throttle.

I'm glad I gave up the ghost with this one! going by Rons laptime I was so far off I was still heading up the hill :P .. well done all :cheers:

Wow! I appreciate the win Jerry but, there is a typo and I'm not sure if it is yours or mine but my time was 1'35.558. As stated in my submission it may take me slightly longer than a week to submit a replay due to our personal situation but, rest assured I will submit a replay as soon as I return home.

Congratulations to all who ran this week. 👍

Congrats to CRX for the overall win and a fantastic time. :eek: Hope you can get your max drive issues sorted out so we can view that replay. 👍

RonB, you might not have smoked the rest of us by the 10 seconds Jerry has posted, but you still managed to lay down a great time and come up with a 4th straight D3 win. Trouble @ Citta di Aria my @$$. :P

Wow, I managed to pull out the victory. :crazy: Thanks to Bollocks#999 for pushing me along. It was a close one, you would have had me by 0.3 or so if I hadn't run the last session. :scared:

I'll get my replay posted up later tonight, with a Clio in pink, of course. ;)

Congrats to all who managed a clean one as well, it was no easy task. 👍

:cheers:
Kevin

Blimey, I'm really having a bad day. Sorry again for the errors.

Congrats to crx1299 (stunning time), EDK and gtbadboy. 👍👍👍

With all due respect to our Steward I went back and checked the original message I sent to Sphinx and the mistake was indeed at this end. :dunce:

If this constitutes a misrepresentation or violation of some sort I will except the decision of our Steward. My actual time was indeed 1'35.558 and I offer apologies to all concerned especially Sphinx.:bowdown:

Congratulations crx on the overall win, very fast.
Congrats on your wins to my 2 other buddies Kevin and Ron, great times guys.
Well done to all that competed on such a tight track. 👍
I need to see why I lost so much time during my laps after t1.
I thought it was a fun combo, but it seems I was going slow.

With all due respect to our Steward I went back and checked the original message I sent to Sphinx and the mistake was indeed at this end. :dunce:

If this constitutes a misrepresentation or violation of some sort I will except the decision of our Steward. My actual time was indeed 1'35.558 and I offer apologies to all concerned especially Sphinx.:bowdown:

All is well. No DQ's for a clear typo. 👍

Pheew!! I finally solved the replay problem. Turns out the smaller the flash drive size, the more chances you have to copy files. A 256MB still gave errors but it occasionally let me transfer files. Anyway, I hope I transferred the right save(went by 01GTP's advice from week 155 on how to choose it). Let me know if this isn't the replay and I'll delete immediately.

EDIT: About this week, I have to say Sphinx put together a great combo. When the car has neutral handling and is fitted with lower grip tires, it gives BEEEEAUTIFUL steering feedback. Week 155 was similar to this one on that matter. I tend to be slower when I lose that feeling. Some cars are just not giving one that. For example the M3 is super sloppy steeringwise in the game while it is very responsive in real life. Anyway, congrats to all winners. Hope to see more combos like this.
EDIT2: The replay is NTSC

Congrats everyone, specially Ron over there, you should get shuffled up to D2! And what did you do? Express mail your Citta troubles to me? I was .5 off last place this week!

Had some issues today, couldn't submit after my last run, then the deadline ended:dunce::dunce:

I have another typo to report. The 1'38.498 lap time that I submitted should have been a 1'35.498. The final splits I posted appropriately reflected me running in 3rd place in D2 on the leaderboard, but I'd be happy to upload my replay if anyone wants further proof. Sorry! :dunce:

Nice work by everyone that took on this week's challenging combo! 👍

Hey Jerry, typo in the D3, it says that the under 1'30 times are Gold quality, I think you meant something more like 1'35.6

This is a 1'32.145 replay.
I'm going to watch it just the same.
That means I need another miracle to make that thing cough up my replay. Why can't I ever get the right one?:grumpy:

EDIT: this one MUST be it.

Kindly Verified as clean by EDK & 01GTP.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• Week_168_crx1299.max
    25.5 KB · Views: 10
My NTSC replay is attached.

I'm also grabbing CRX's replay now.

This is the correct one.
I viewed it a few times and need to analyze it in the morning.
I'll make a video of it then also.

I viewed the replay as well. The specs are correct and it's a great lap for sure. :crazy:

I only noted one spot that was close enough to scrutinize, it was the exit of the hairpin after T2 and before the climb up the hill. It did not appear to be a touch from the bumper cam, behind the car, or in front of the car, it only appeared to be close. I also loaded the lap in the data logger, and there are no irregular spikes in speed anywhere in the lap. I'm prepared to declare the lap clean, unless there is something Kenny sees that I do not.

Any which way, that was a great lap, Yusuf. 👍

Kindly Verified as clean by Sphinx.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• EDK_WRK_168_NTSC.max
    27.7 KB · Views: 8
Fantastic times this week. 👍

Huge congrats to Yusuf, Kevin and RonB. :cheers:

I'll be in the Norwegian mountains next week. :D

See you all in week 170. :)

Hey Jerry, typo in the D3, it says that the under 1'30 times are Gold quality, I think you meant something more like 1'35.6

Strange, That's generated by the software. I've no idea how that got there. :confused:

In any case, it's sorted now. 👍

I have another typo to report. The 1'38.498 lap time that I submitted should have been a 1'35.498. The final splits I posted appropriately reflected me running in 3rd place in D2 on the leaderboard, but I'd be happy to upload my replay if anyone wants further proof. Sorry! :dunce:

Nice work by everyone that took on this week's challenging combo! 👍

I believe you, I don't think you'd have any reason to deceive us on this. You've provided several replays over the past year or so since I've been involved here and have proven yourself to be a reliable and clean racer. But if you want to post your replay, I'd be more than happy to give it a quick check and verification. 👍

Thanks Kenny, the KPH video seems to have a restricted access but I watched the MPH one and it is indeed a beautiful lap, congratulations 👍

Sorry Carlos, I overlooked the privacy setting and its sorted out now.

Thanks, I have now watched his lap in KPH and he has a bigger cornering speed than me on most corners, because Yusuf drove on the limit and without being afraid to crash. Comparing to that lap, mine has the car closer to the middle of the track and a slower cornering speed, particularly at the most problematic turns. A much deserved win indeed 👍

I know I'm a bit late to this, but it bothers me that I don't own this vehicle in arcade mode. Can anyone here tell me why?

Big thank you to Kenny for checking the replay and making the video. Kevin, thanks for the replay check; I'll try to make it cleaner next time:sly:. Carlos, thanks for your comments. I'm glad you liked the lap.

Latest Posts

Back