GT4 WRS Week 168 : Renault @ Citta di Aria

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 86 comments
T1 - 37.205

T2 - 105.357

Been quicker in individual sectors but not able to string them together.
Nearly got the DS2 back out - would love to be able to go from lock to lock in a twitch of the fingers.............

Found some time for another stint this morning. I'm really loving this combo, though my times are still kinda slow... Just don't care about that, it's just too much fun :)

New splits (new lap is over a second better at the line :) )
1'06.518

Oh, yeah, also switched to 210 gearing

I think i'm doing something terribly wrong. I can get low 37 T1's, but can't get T2 under 1.08.xxx :(

Hi,
Nice discussion. I've learned a great deal. I'm already working on a "cleaner" lap but I'll still post some not-so-good quality pics of the suspected wall touch along with data logger graph. Look carefully to the left of red vertical line. The graph is stretched to the max.

Pic 1 - seems like its touching
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/crx1299/100_2139.jpg
Pic 2 - Tire seems to be on the road not touching the wall
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/crx1299/100_2140.jpg
Pic 3 - data logger
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/crx1299/100_2141.jpg
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/crx1299/100_2142.jpg

Hi,
Look carefully to the left of red vertical line. The graph is stretched to the max.

If your not shifting at that point then that is the drop we're looking for. Kevin would reconize a drop in speed caused by shifting better that I.

If your not shifting at that point then that is the drop we're looking for. Kevin would recognize a drop in speed caused by shifting better that I.

Considering the speed drop happens while under full braking, unless he is also engine braking with downshifts at high RPM's, it's almost definitely a touch. Shifts reflect gradual speed drops, normally of 0.2-0.3 MPH, and are obviously at the exact speed you are traveling when shifting. Small wall touches tend to show a drop of 0.5 MPH or more, more typically 0.8-1.1 MPH.

In my opinion, based on the evidence presented, I would not submit the lap. It's too close and would probably go to Sphinx for a decision anyhow.

I think i'm doing something terribly wrong. I can get low 37 T1's, but can't get T2 under 1.08.xxx :(
The second sector is obviously all about the tight section after T1 and the arch. You just need to go faster than you think you can through there to find the limit. Right now, you are probably being too careful, trying to avoid walls. Which is important for submitting but not to find out how fast you can go. Only trying to help, hope that this does. 👍

Meanwhile, I've improved at the line with splits that are marginally slower than those posted. Going for another session now. 👍

Some new splits after this morning's session. I have seen much better at T1, having trouble putting it all together. This lap has one of my best last sectors. 👍

1:05.333

BOARD Updated through my post. Might come back for more later, this is a fun one. :dopey:

I have come up with another lap. I really wanted to improve more but my gas pedal slowed me down(a lot). It simply goes full throttle momentarily when you increase/decrease throttle. In plain view, the throttle indicator flickers. I had fixed the brake pedal on week 158 by Hugo Boss's instructions. I guess the potantiometer is the problem again. Anyway, I'll just submit what I have. My goal was to be .4 quicker at the line.

1'03.251

This one, too, contains a close call. I may have to take Sphinx's offer before submitting. Still checking though.

This one, too, contains a close call. I may have to take Sphinx's offer before submitting. Still checking though.

I'm still willing to check, even if it's now a different replay entirely. If however you are wanting to remain error free, then simply follow one of our golden OLR rules:

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty

I've always followed this rule and I haven't submitted a dirty lap in seven years of OLR. It works every time 👍

I'd like to keep winning but Jerry wasn't my friend :sly: and picked a combo where it's extremely hard to run fast and clean. At the beginning I couldn't get under 1'06 at T2, but I've now reached this splits with 210 gearing:

0'36.792
1'04.540

It's close, but clean in my opinion, I checked with both side cameras and the car doesn't seem to touch the walls. I didn't check with the data logger because the replay convinced me that it's clean, but there are probably some spikes due to track irregularities.

I don't think I could improve more than half a second, though. crx1299's splits are impressive. Even if they turn to be slightly dirty, a low 1'03 is still a killer split. 👍 Low 1'04's are all I could hope for unless I played 24/7.

Submitting...

New splits

1'05.595

I would be nice if my t2 was relatively as quick as my t1.

Still enjoying this combo Jerry.

Well, my final run after much frustration with a best first sector in the low 36.8, but I kept messing up silly easy stages when I got excited about good sector times. The final time I set is probably at least half a second off my bets time as I took the final sector so slow (the final sector was the at the same pace as another lap which saw a 107.17x third sector end up slower than a previous lap with T3 at 107.816)

T1 36.936
T2 1'04.956

It's not my best lap (0.3 faster than that), but I 'think' my best lap had a slight touch even though I couldn't find it by viewing the cameras, so the lap will be ignored for submission just incase.

Hi,
Nice discussion. I've learned a great deal. I'm already working on a "cleaner" lap but I'll still post some not-so-good quality pics of the suspected wall touch along with data logger graph. Look carefully to the left of red vertical line. The graph is stretched to the max.

Pic 1 - seems like its touching
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/crx1299/100_2139.jpg
Pic 2 - Tire seems to be on the road not touching the wall
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/crx1299/100_2140.jpg
Pic 3 - data logger
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/crx1299/100_2141.jpg
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/crx1299/100_2142.jpg

Hmm... You should really be careful when taking shots of the data logger like that to not include the TOTAL TIME for people to see..... Looking at that, I'm not even going to rate a mention this week...

I'm bringing up the rear and submitting my crap lap. I just couldn't be bothered to go back and try to fix it, I'm never happy on Citta.

:eek: Ron's in alien territory!!

I went to arcade to select the car and the model isn't even there. Do i have to unlock the car or something? HELP PLEASE!!!

This run is a bit conservative in a few spots, but I really wanted something submittable for this week:

1'06.411

I'll run a few more laps tonight, and will submit in the morning if I don't gain any time.

Good luck to all still trying to tame this beast!

I went to arcade to select the car and the model isn't even there. Do i have to unlock the car or something? HELP PLEASE!!!

Yes, you must win all of the races in the Renault Clio Manufacturer's event in GT mode. You can often find a used Clio that is resonably priced to use for the comp, but for whatever reason, this is one of the tougher manuf. races, so you might also need to tune it. Good luck, if you have some time left tomorrow.

This run is a bit conservative in a few spots, but I really wanted something submittable for this week:

1'06.411

I'll run a few more laps tonight, and will submit in the morning if I don't gain any time.

Good luck to all still trying to tame this beast!

Drew, a solid and respectable effort on a difficult week. 👍

I just finished my final session for the week and managed to improve my splits and at the line. This was my fastest lap of the week and is clean as a whistle. :crazy:

1:05.140

Time Submitted and BOARD Updated.

Good luck to all, there should be some close times at the line on this one. :sly:

:cheers:
Kevin

Boy I'm in trouble. I got myself a 8gb flash drive that DOESN't work with maxdrive when I try to copy my replay. It gives an "unknown copying error". Has anyone had success with flash drives other than the original one that comes with the package. If so, which one did you use?

Found a little more...
T1: 0'37.341
T2: 1'05.532

Can't touch EDK & Bollocks#999 though. Nice driving guys! 👍

Time submitted.

Latest Posts

Back