GT4 WRS Week 168 : Renault @ Citta di Aria

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 86 comments
My girlfriend is scared but I have some splits. I don't know what's up with my T1 but I seem to be carrying momentum through the lap. I'm still working on gearing so I hope the optimal setting is yet to come.

37.720 :ouch: / 1'05.934

Just got done with a good session.
This one is getting addictive for me.

1'06.014

I can't seem to get under the 37 at t1 but have seen some low 1'05's with the lowest being 1'05.2xx at t2.

Still plenty of time left on the track with this one.

Im using 210 Jake.

I have a question.
In many parts of this track, you need to get very close to the walls.

However, at some places, when watching my replays that I think are absolutely clean, I see that the rear fender seems like its touching(fender and wall go inside each other). IMO, This is a bug.

There are no sudden spikes or any steering feeling that indicate wall hits at those places. I could send a pic but I can't find my flash drive. Is this legal as long as it doesn't affect the driving input?

Please help!!

EDIT: Is it OK to send a replay to a marshal before the deadline to have it checked for illegal stuff given that a marshal is willing to inspect?

I have a question.

However, at some places, when watching my replays that I think are absolutely clean, I see that the rear fender seems like its touching(fender and wall go inside each other). IMO, This is a bug.

There are no sudden spikes or any steering feeling that indicate wall hits at those places. I could send a pic but I can't find my flash drive. Is this legal as long as it doesn't affect the driving input?

Please help!!

EDIT: Is it OK to send a replay to a marshal before the deadline to have it checked for illegal stuff given that a marshal is willing to inspect?

You should check the data logger and review the area of the track in question for downward spikes in speed.

Jerry has offered to review a replay if you are out of time and unsure, but not so you can just go back for more.

In the case of wall touches, the data logger is really the very best way to verify.

Hope that helps.

EDK
You should check the data logger and review the area of the track in question for downward spikes in speed.

Jerry has offered to review a replay if you are out of time and unsure, but not so you can just go back for more.

In the case of wall touches, the data logger is really the very best way to verify.

Hope that helps.

Very helpful and clear. So, you can send in only the replay that represents the time you are going to submit in the case it is found legal.

Very helpful and clear. So, you can send in only the replay that represents the time you are going to submit in the case it is found legal.

Right, so if you have a lap you know is clean and one you are unsure of, you will know which one to submit. Let me know if you have any questions about how to read the data logger. 👍

New splits for me after a second session tonight.

Loving the combo, but then again, I'm a sucker for city tracks. :dopey:

1:05.747

I'm going to London (and Munchen and Paris) tomorrow, at 7pm. I'll be off for 12 days, so I won't participate in Week 169. I already submited my lap time for Week 168. I'm satisfied with it - T1: 0'37:000 and T2: 1'04:570.
(top speed: default :/ )

Well, no new splits, but I found another bar at the marina. Your daiquiri will be waiting, gtbadboy. How about strawberry?:sly:

some new splits with 230 gearing

37.463 / 1'05.491
37.233 / 1'05.111 (220)

Well, no new splits, but I found another bar at the marina. Your daiquiri will be waiting, gtbadboy. How about strawberry?:sly:

Strawberries are in season now, sounds good to me.👍
:idea:Maybe we can set up a Citta di Aria Crawl if you keep finding those bars Chuck.

new splits from here:

1'05.594

with company arriving tomorrow this maybe it for me. Same as last week except I forgot these folks were coming. :grumpy:

I've been so busy these last few weeks, that I haven't had time for the WRS I'm afraid. Wasn't planning on driving this week either, but seeing Citti di Aria, I just couldn't resist to give it a go. Tonight is probably the only free time I got, so I'll probably end up at the back of the pack, but what the heck... I just love this track with its narrow streets.

First 5 or so laps with 220 gearing:

T1: 38.674
T2: 1'07.478

Hmmm... like I said, back of the pack :D

Been waiting for an easy week to make a comeback. :sly:

Best splits so far...
T1: 0'37.293
T2: 1'06.398

D2 for those that might not remember.

BOARD Update.

Bart and DJ - Good to see you guys in here and running. 👍

And a great time from RonB. :scared: Careful, you might go and get that promotion. :sly:

I should be back with some new splits sometime this weekend.

:cheers:
Kevin

EDK
BOARD Update..........
And a great time from RonB. :scared: Careful, you might go and get that promotion. :sly:

Kevin

We've a long way to go before the weekend Kevin. I am more than positive this time will not hold up. I do appreciate the 👍 however and after all I'm just trying to keep up with you and Kenny!:sly:

Well I glad with myself for my session tonight ( I learnt a couple of tricks and some other I'll try tomorrow)
T1 0' 36.601
T2 1' 04.122
last sector I was conservative I didn't wanna mess up with this time.
Top speed; default
I playing with a DFP

Here are some splits. I haven't checked the replays yet but they seemed clean-ahem:dopey:

36.195(35.9xx?)

1'03.385

I'll improve on these if I get a chance.

New splits for me after a 3rd session tonight. :)

1:05.529

The first sector is holding me back, big time. :ouch:

Hope to clean it up this weekend.

:cheers:

I have a question.

Please help!!

Any visible touch is deemed dirty. The very fact that you can see parts of the car travelling through the wall indicate to me that the car is exceeding the track limits and must therefore be an invalid run. I'll be interested to view the replay if you wish to send it to my email address.

I have new splits from my last session which was at chukabilly's yesterday afternoon. Looks like I need to find some time in that second sector.

1'05.975

Any visible touch is deemed dirty.
The problem with that is that usually you can find a different camera (while not moving the car) that'll show it as being perfectly clear.

Hoping to get some time to have a go at this one, but I'm doubting it... Have a second roommate moving in this weekend and have LOTS to do...

The problem with that is that usually you can find a different camera (while not moving the car) that'll show it as being perfectly clear.

And that's why we shouldn't rely too much on photo mode to determine a wall touch. Using it to determine 3 wheels off is fine as far as I am aware, because it has always stood the test of time in regard to reliability in that area. However, when it comes to wall touches it has been proven in the past not to be 100% reliable.

I would like to think of me as a photo mode DQ'er. Kevin is more a data logger DQ'er. I must have taken nearly 2 hours to come up with the proof of this wall touch during the F1, no TCS race.

When using the photo mode I will scrutinize all angles before saying its a wall touch. It would be very easy to use a camera angle to DQ someone without looking at every angle of each photo. In my opinion that is the best way to prove a touch. With some data logger proof it would make it a concrete decision.
Now someone could easily see a wall touch from many angles but I use it to prove that there is no touch. If I can't prove its clean then its dirty. No one wants to DQ people and I need concrete proof its dirty, really dirty, not just a camera angle. We are here to compete and a good competitor is a fair competitor and not a punter.

Sorry I had to stick some GT5p reference in there.

Some splits from me:

T1: 36.975
T2: 1'04.666

Still time to take. Hard but entertaining combo :)

I would like to think of me as a photo mode DQ'er. Kevin is more a data logger DQ'er. I must have taken nearly 2 hours to come up with the proof of this wall touch during the F1, no TCS race.

I don't really like to be either kind. :dopey:

To everyone's point, the visual part of this can be an inexact science. So I like to use the data logger to understand what might be happening.

If it appears to be a wall touch without question in replay mode on full speed, it's likely it will show up in the logger, even if you can't find the exact moment, like Kenny did here. In the case he shows, I also provided data on a speed drop in the data logger to back up his pic.

But I guess it really all comes down to the standard OLR rule - "if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty"

Sometimes I submit a lap with a close call, and that has come back to bite me on one occasion. But I work hard to turn in laps that clearly demonstrate that they are within the rules, without question. And most of the replays from other drivers that I view are the same way. In other words, most of the time, I don't have to put other drivers' laps in the data logger and most week's I do not have to freeze to check for 3 wheels off or a touch.

If we all just hold ourselves to that standard, it will be easier for everyone. No one likes to DQ, no one likes to be DQ'd. But clean and fair racing is a big part of what makes the WRS so great. 👍

Steps down from soap box. :dopey:

Only got the time for the one run this week, an hour at that:

1:05.013
210km/h

I too would like to see crx1299 replay, being more than a second up on everybody at T2 would make interesting viewing

Cheers

Back