Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • no hybrids
  • no cheating of any kind
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • save your replay ('Save Ghost Replay' icon)

Thread rules:

The following info cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):
  • lap time
  • any information which can be used to infer lap time

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM to me (Sphinx):
  • you can submit only once per race
  • please include in your submission PM your division, name and final lap time
  • deadline is Tuesday 22nd July 9pm GMT
  • if you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Time verification:

Save your replay and keep it at least a full week after the time has been submitted:
  • all gold times each week will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide a replay before the next race deadline
  • failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from WRS results
  • video replays are not accepted, only .max, .xps or .sps files can be verified
  • Those who have .xps or .sps files, can they please convert them to .max before submission

The first stage of the academy ends on the same day as this week's race, right?

There was the Nissan Fairlady Z to make things harder as in GTA :mischievous: But never that hard since GT4 doesn't have pro physics nor Eiger.

Oh, and 142hp is +20%.

This must be fun 👍

Oh, and 142hp is +20%.

Looks like Jerry has fallen victim to the dreaded copy and paste error. Tsukuba was not a city course, last time I looked. :dopey:

Some typos Sphinx.
Its a World track and thats +20 for 142.
Correct?

car is also won from the One make races from the Daihatsu manufacturer (JPN), "Copen Race", took forever with that 60hp car.

In my Pal GT4 game this car is called 'Sirion' X4 (J) '00 instead of 'Storia'. Otherwise the specs are the same. Could that be right?

About next week ... do you suggest we fill up the suggestions box? :)

first session: 17.609 / 40.382
second session: 17.761 / 40.109

In my Pal GT4 game this car is called 'Sirion' X4 (J) '00 instead of 'Storia'. Otherwise the specs are the same. Could that be right?

About next week ... do you suggest we fill up the suggestions box? :)

In real life, a Storia is a Sirion in certain countries (such as Australia), so I'd be guessing it's the same in the virtual world...

That's the one. 👍

I'll amend the main post later today.

Here's my test run:

I have to admit, I spent a bit more time on this test than I normally do

Aww man! another car I don't have...:grumpy:

Well I'll wait to see what next week brings along...Gl all...

Don't keep out of this series this week just because you don't have the car. Just buy a Daihatsu Copen and run the one-make cup to win this prize car. Or you may prefer to buy it from the used lots.

I'll try that...I tried to run the Clio last week but man I had forgotten how hard that series is for 200pts...

I'll try that...I tried to run the Clio last week but man I had forgotten how hard that series is for 200pts...

The Clio cup required a tuned car (probably with racing tyres) to win, it's racing with a road Clio against a field of racing Clios. The Copen cup should be easier (but there's always the tuning if you need it).

I've found that the largest challenge in getting a fast time is getting a decent line through the final corner. Too fast and you understeer off, too slow and you lose too much time.

...Found the car in the used car lot :dopey: Thanks CMir :cheers:

First Splits

Fun combo! 👍

... tearing away from Prologue with meager splits of 18.176 and 41.687. One way or another the car feel in GT4 is still better than in its successor??? How do you guys feel about that?

Luxy

In GT5P it's harder to control the cars because of the professional physics. This gives more realism to the car handling. In GT4, it's closer to standard physics, which allows easy control of the car. GT4 is not real, it's just easy.

Sorry for the double post...

Here are my splits:

Fun combo, there's not much left I guess, but I hate that gearbox. Besides being slooooooow, it's not suited to the track at all. So far, I haven't been using 5th gear. 4th gear is enough before turn 1. I shift to 4th gear before the Dunlop bridge corner, then immediately back to 3rd to brake (possibly it's better if I hold 3th gear and avoid it to hit the limiter, but I didn't try it). I'm holding the speed at 144kmh before the last sweeper so that I don't hit the limiter (145) and don't need to shift. And I also do the last corner in 4th, with a minimum speed of 95kmh in my lap but it can be a bit higher.

New splits from the morning session with Kenny.
17.702 / 40.116

I've had one 17.595 for a t1, but can't seem to duplicate it, although I get 17.6xx about every other lap. I still haven't seen a 39.xxx for t2.

Back