• 64 comments
Jαke;3091518
LUXY BOARD

Nine more laps. This car makes the vein in my neck pop out. :crazy:

17.696 / 39.943

No splits for me yet, going to try now. :scared:

But I love the new avatar, Jake. 👍 👍 👍 :dopey:

Splits now - Slow, but on th board -

Submitting my craplap now. My time is limited as tomorrow begins my 3-week holiday :lol: The combo is appealing but it takes much time to improve your lap. Pity because Tsukuba is such a great track.
Signing off for a little while, and hope you all will have a great summer. I leave the updaterering in the trusted hands of Jake, Jerome and Kevin 👍

Finally had the time to do a decent session in weeks.

T1: 17.747
T2: 40.369

This lap is much better then every other I've run on this combo, except for the dunlop turn. Kinda frustrating, there seems to be always at least one turn I screw up in a lap ;)

You mean yours goes back in?

I know what you mean, I've had 2 sessions with no improvement at all.

EDK
Splits now - Slow, but on th board -

Still faster than I and you forgot to put yourself on the board.

My time is limited as tomorrow begins my 3-week holiday :lol:

Have a good time.

Kinda frustrating, there seems to be always at least one turn I screw up in a lap ;)

At least its one corner, I seem to be getting most wrong. Yesterday's attempts to find the appropriate shifting may result in todays success, we'll see. If not than I've hit my limit.

looking like a low turn out this week. I guess this combo is just too hard for some.

Keep at it guys. 👍

Not really loving this combo, but what the heck. Last week I was dead last, so this week can't possibly be any worse :P

The combo is appealing but it takes much time to improve your lap.

I don't think so. Being a slow car in a short track, we get close to our limit quickly. My splits were done after just half an hour of playing (or maybe even less, I don't remember clearly), and the lap feels like I can only improve it if I find a better way of driving this car or if I can work better with the gearbox. Usually, I take between 1 and 2 hours to find my limit on a combo and get a decent time to submit, but this week it was much quicker. I will probably submit that lap.

Sphinx: The combo is great, not hard at all considering the track. It's just a bit unconventional: different from what we are used to run.

Usually, I take between 1 and 2 hours to find my limit on a combo and get a decent time to submit, but this week it was much quicker.

Not sure I could catch you on a regular week with 1-2 hours per day, let alone one session of 1-2 hours. :crazy:

Case in point, last week, I had a great time for me and was actually 4th overall, but 0.825 behind you. It was an addicting combo for me to say the least, but I spent 3 short sessions and 2 longer sessions and 6 hours total or more to get my lap. And it was about 0.3 faster than my pace at the time I got it, I just got a little lucky and nailed most of the lap. Now half that time was spent grabbing about 0.6 or so, but if I turned in a 1:35.2XX, I would have been 3rd in my division and 9th overall. :ouch:

That said, I do agree with you on this week's. Most of the time I gained was from learning different ways of driving the car. 👍

EDK
Not sure I could catch you on a regular week with 1-2 hours per day, let alone one session of 1-2 hours. :crazy:

Case in point, last week, I had a great time for me and was actually 4th overall, but 0.825 behind you. It was an addicting combo for me to say the least, but I spent 3 short sessions and 2 longer sessions and 6 hours total or more to get my lap. And it was about 0.3 faster than my pace at the time I got it, I just got a little lucky and nailed most of the lap. Now half that time was spent grabbing about 0.6 or so, but if I turned in a 1:35.2XX, I would have been 3rd in my division and 9th overall. :ouch:

That said, I do agree with you on this week's. Most of the time I gained was from learning different ways of driving the car. 👍

I'm actually happy to read this, seems that I'm not the only one who has to spend allot of time for a good not embarrassing (if you compare to division 1) time :)

EDK

Geez... No wonder I struggle to keep up.. I've go nowhere near that sort of time to spend trying to improve my laps..

Geez... No wonder I struggle to keep up.. I've go nowhere near that sort of time to spend trying to improve my laps..

I don't spend that much time every week, I had a little extra over the weekend and was enjoying this one. But I would say that amount of time is required for me to get first in my division. I can run for 2 or 3 hours total and get a mid-pack time. If I only run for an hour or so, I will just be ahead of D3 and at the bottom of my division.

That's why it's important to read the advice in the qualifier - "The best way to be placed in the correct division is to give this as much attention as you would expect to give the Weekly Race." If you give it more attention than you would give a weekly race out of pride or whatever, you will struggle to keep up.

You are a fast racer and we like to see new/returning people in here. You might consider taking advantage of Jerry's reshuffle offer and join us in D2. You would consistently compete for podiums down here, I'm sure, and if you started whipping up on us too bad, you'd get moved back up.

This series is a lot more fun if you can be competitive in your division and stand a chance to win with a combination of your skills and the amount of time you have to commit. 👍

Only a thought, you can take it or leave it, my opinion only.

EDIT:New splits for me -

BOARD Update as well. 👍

T 1 - 17.739
T 2 - 40.358

Lap time wont be good............ Keep falling asleep on back straight...........

Hi everyone :) !!
I gave this combo a go and here are my splits:

T1: 17.617 (seen 17.551)
T2: 39.667 (nothing better)

Had my best last two sectors on this lap so I don't think I will improve my time.

BOARD Update

Should be close at the line in D2. :crazy: :scared: :nervous:

Wonder what Storias coming through the last corner 3 wide would look like? :sly:

I'm gonna be slow this week! Didn't even bother grabbing my splits, had about 30 minutes to work on it, got so annoyed.

*Submitting best crap lap!*

I ran 1 lap on N3's and still didn't get a sub 40 second T2 :lol:

may try to submit a time if Sphinx lets me.

just incase I can here are the splits

I don't know any grass tricks so can't go quicker at T2.

may try to submit a time if Sphinx lets me.

just incase I can here are the splits

I don't know any grass tricks so can't go quicker at T2.

Nice splits for sure. 👍 👍

Not sure what is going on with you after your post earlier in the week, but we like to see some fresh faces in here, even if it's just people returning from a hiatus. :dopey: If you are having replay device issues, let us know if there is anything we can do to help. 👍

I never made it back to this one, so I'm submitting now. Ironically, GT5P sucked me in, but not with GT Academy ;)

We'll see how my time holds up.

Well thanks it's good to be back, I know I quit before because I was randomly chosen to have my replay checked for a 5th place time which was disqualified since my Maxdrive had stopped working a few weeks beforehand, which ironically is still on my PS2 memorycard. (WRS 99)

I probably overreacted then by quitting and I shouldn't be foolish enough to just quit again, but I was already frustrated and I got a private message that pushed me over the edge which I won't elaborate on.

Back