GT4 WRS Week 171 : JGTC300 @ Tokyo Reverse

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 78 comments
New splits :) :

T1: 37.249 (37.176)
T2: 1'15.101

I don't see much room for improvement now, maybe a bit more than one tenth.
Don't know if I will be able to improve with all of those walls.
Anyway it's a great combo 👍 !

New splits:

T1: 38.040
T2: 1.17.618

Sorry to disturb that Div 2 party, it was on purpose ;)

Still improvement left between T1 and T2, but don't know I can manage that with a good first sector and a good last turn... Still has some time to try :)

New splits:

T1: 38.040
T2: 1.17.618

Sorry to disturb that Div 2 party, it was on purpose ;)

Still improvement left between T1 and T2, but don't know I can manage that with a good first sector and a good last turn... Still has some time to try :)

Hey Andy,💡 we could arrange to have you join us you know.......it's not an exclusive group. :sly:
Besides if you keep that up we won't have to arrange a thing you'll just get promoted!! :mischievous::)

Take notice Oh great Sphinx!!

T1: 37.393
T2: 1'15.383

lost .2 on ending though :ouch:

Nice one. 👍

You'll still be second on the board, and I'll get another update on there soon to include you and the others.

BOARD Updated

Not sure if I will make it back to this one before the weekend.

Andy, you're marching on dangerous ground. Without Ron or Kenny down there to beat you on occasion, you'll stand out like a sore thumb. Come on into D2, the water's warm. :dopey:

Did about an hour on this combo last night. Splits so far:

T1: 38.291
T2: 1'17.381

Will have another go this weekend.

Well, I don't know where the extra 2 seconds those miserable sods in front of me are coming from.

After spending an hour arguing with my ghost of 0.2-0.3 seconds, I'm going to submit my time.

T1 - 38.114
T2 - 1'16.845

Looks like another week at the bottom of the table.

Well, I don't know where the extra 2 seconds those miserable sods in front of me are coming from.

After spending an hour arguing with my ghost of 0.2-0.3 seconds, I'm going to submit my time.

T1 - 38.114
T2 - 1'16.845

It's there somewhere mate, I know it is kind of frustrating because I feel the same some times( most of the time) but how many weeks we have been running?( We start together ...3 weeeks?) anyway...try to find different brake points and accelaration points...keep trying...keep crashing...it is the learning process.👍

hello anybody can explain me how to race online gt4 races because i never did.
Thanks in advance

hello anybody can explain me how to race online gt4 races because i never did.
Thanks in advance

Welcome - You'll want to start here -

FAQ

And then take a look here -

Qualifier

I'll briefly explain as well - We don't actually race online in real time. These are time trials. So you run the weekly combo (Thread you posted to here) with the specifics shown and submit your lap time to the moderator (Sphinx) via PM. He then posts the results each week.

Let us know if we can answer any other questions. 👍

Im at 38.xxx, 1.17.xxx as well

Every now and then i fell i get lucky in some curve but the added speed screws my braking point at the next curve so i crash or have to seriously steer my way out of a dificult situation

If i ever drive like the gifted ones i know its gonna take a lot of patience

Im at 38.xxx, 1.17.xxx as well

Every now and then i fell i get lucky in some curve but the added speed screws my braking point at the next curve

Been there, done that.
All in learning. That's the joy of it. :banghead:
If you complete your times you can be added to the leader board.
That is if you want them posted, but if you do then tell us if you use the controller or some kind of wheel.

New splits for me.

1'16.926

I switched up to 340 to help with some of the shift points and don't use 6th gear now either.
I'm not sure if its the gearing or just seat time that has improved my times.

Hey, I'm still trying to catch you, actually most of us are. D1 is definitely tough competition.

I qualified .2 off the leader at the time and always finished mid/bottom of D1 for 50 weeks. Although the majority of the races were GT mode where I don't know how to tune properly :dopey:, and the only Arcade races were ridiculously hard combos.

Although now I'm kinda hoping for some GT mode races to learn since I have Scaff's tuning guides, but have no will to read any more unless we have a race.

Man, I wish this car was six inches narrower - I hit a curb at least every other lap.

Managed a decent improvement from last time

1:17.097

But it's proving to be very frustrating to post a good lap when I don't clip a curb. It took me a while but I think I've figured out the fast lines so now it's down to execution. But it seems like once I improve a sector I forget how to do a turn that I was previously doing well. After poting the time above I really got T1 figured out, consistently beating the ghost by anywhere from 0.300 to as much as 0.420 - and every time I then blow either the right after T1 or the right just before T2 (or both) and give back everything :banghead:.

Man, I couldn't figure out how you guys were getting such impossily fast splits. I was getting like 42 on the first split. Then I realized I forgot to mess with the power and weight =D. Let's try this again...

Got a session in today and managed to improve by quite a bit. I have a lap that is about 0.2 faster but dirty, and even that has some mistakes other than contact. So I should be able to still trim quite a bit off of this. At least I hope I can. :sly:

1.:17.087

With a very nice finish as well. 👍

Close here in D2, we're all locked together on the board. :nervous:

BOARD Updated through my post.

Yesterday my T2 was 1'16.2xx for two times, but I failed to finish the lap both times. First - going over that bump before the last turn which caused my car to turn 90°. Second - touched the wall after the last turn, data logger show that my speed droped down from 140 to 137 under full throtle.
But I'll drive it today. If I get T2 1'16.2xx I'll be happy, 'though I think I could go near 1'16.0xx.
I get frustrated every day, but that's how it goes. Trying hard brings the improvements. Yesterday, I totally got the picture how should I drive the track. I even improved some of the turns I didn't think I could do better.
Light at the end of a tunel.

Although the majority of the races were GT mode
Whou! I thought WRS was only in the Arcade Mode. I also suck at tuning, so I guess I was lucky.
Although now I'm kinda hoping for some GT mode races to learn since I have Scaff's tuning guides, but have no will to read any more unless we have a race.
Yeah, me too.

Hours of driving and no improvement makes dommie something something...

Splits improved to 38.050 / 1'16.731.

I had a completed lap at a 1'16.6xx, but I beat the end lap time later with the above splits. Annoyingly, I can repeatably improve my first sector by 0.2 seconds, but every time, one of the following happens.

1. Beat ghost out of first 'haripin', but miss the turnin point for next right hander and either clip the wall on the inside / outside or have to drop off masses of speed to miss it.
2. Improve time to T1 (have seen 37.8xx a few times) but then mess up either the next tight right breaking point, or mess up the long sweeping left and loose a massive amount of time or clip the wall on exit.

Oh well... Think I'll have no more time this week, so submitting this time now. No point in spending time stressing over the few tenths I've managed to find.

Last edited:
Great competition in div 2, I'm curious to see the final times!

My splits:
T1: 38.181
T2: 1.17.154

I think I've reached my limit for this weeks combo. It's already taken allot of time to improve to this. Probably will try one more time, would love it to get under 1.17 :)

As my pc crashed this weekend, I had no plenty of time on my hands, and no distractions. So I spent about 4 hours on this combo (normally I spend about 1 hour during a weekend :) ) Lot of frustration when barely clipping a curb or wall here or there, but finally got a clean good lap.

T1: 38.405
T2: 1'17.018

Don't think I'll get any better than that out of it...

Had no time yesterday, and today I'm also doing something else when I usually play.
Tomorrow's the deadline, one day left.

Back