• Weight: (-10%) 900 kg
  • Driving Aids: Any
  • Top Speed: Any
  • Transmission: Any
  • Tyre Type: Racing-Hard

Week 184 Race Specifics:
Have fun.
and

0% power and NO More then 2 wheels on the concrete!

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Concrete is not part of the track
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • no hybrids
  • no cheating of any kind
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • save your replay ('Save Ghost Replay' icon)

Thread rules:
The following info cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• lap time
  • any information which can be used to infer lap time

Submission:
All submissions must be sent by PM to me
(sjaak68):

• you can submit only once per race
  • please include in your submission PM your division, name and final lap time
  • deadline is Monday 3 November 6 pm GMT
  • if you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Time verification:
Save your replay and keep it at least a full week after the time has been submitted:

• all gold times each week will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide a replay before the next race deadline
  • failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from WRS results
  • video replays are not accepted, only .max, .xps or .sps files can be verified

img0004pj4.jpg

Last edited:
Week 184,what a number.

Started with week 1 till week 103 GT3,making a new start in GT4 till now.

Times are changing,so is the WRS.

Next week the first GTP_WRS combo,based on GT5P - playstation 3.

Reactions: EDK
Hmm, since this is the last GT4 WRS week I should take some time to participate this week. I'm having a very busy week in front of me so I don't now if I'll be able too. But I'm going to do my best :)

There should be an immense number of people racing this week ;)

Week 184,what a number.

Sweet combo Sjaak 👍 and what a solid WRS member you've been.

I wonder what next week will bring. GTP event #2? And what'll happen to WRS for GT4 then? A combined combo where cars and tracks can be combined? That'll soon run us out of combo's ...

Like His Royal Bobness once said: ... the times are a'changing ... but you already sorta said that Sjaak :)

EDIT was going to post some splits but found out I was running DF instead of TM :dopey: so I guess I'll have to redo :lol:

Last edited:
If this is the last week of gt4 then I say goodbye to some very sweet memories. Extremely fitting combo Sjaak! 👍

Not sure if I'll run or not, I just wanted to poke my noise in and let everyone know what a bang up job I think Sjaak and Jerry have done.

:cheers: to the top shelf mates

did a few laps, 280 km/h

T1 0'14.700
T2 0'40.944
T3 1'00.869

270km/h

T1 0'14.444
T2 0'40.428
T3 1'00.285

Last edited:
Daym this is the last week? :( I wish I found this a long time ago.

We'll be moving over to GT5:P.

If you don't have GT5P, there are also several GT4 race series that run in the long race series section, as well as a few in the short race series area. These are user created, but normally have multiple participants and some are long running.

Have a look here -
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169

Goodbye old WRS :( and Hello new WRS ;) ... Count me in for some more of the same :cheers: Top Job by all concerned for eons and eons ;)

Well done guys 👍

EDK
If you don't have GT5P, there are also several GT4 race series that run in the long race series section, as well as a few in the short race series area. These are user created, but normally have multiple participants and some are long running.
... and if things start to get quiet around good old GT4 then know that I got some intriguing challenges in the oven. First let's see how Prologue WRS will evolve.

Thanks and good luck to the fresh set of race stewards for the new turismo era.

EDK
We'll be moving over to GT5:P.

Have a look here -
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169

Thanks, that should keep me occupied and help me perfect my skills for GT5, as I won't be getting a PS3 untill the full version comes out most likely.

I have to say thanks and cheers to sjaak68 and Sphinx for doing an awesome job of putting combos together week after week. Also thanks to everyone who did on the side testing while still posting up top notch times every week. Now it's time to see if someone wants to buy me a ps3 for Christmas or if I am going to have to kick out the cash myself. Either way thanks for having such a standup racing community stuctured without having online capabilities.

First splits,290 topspeed

T1 14.636
T2 41.316
T3 1'01.671

Lost somewhat at the end,being somewhat to carefull.

It's been fun. I look forward to a fast final lap with WRS (GT4):cheers: Thanks sjaak68, and to all that supported the series. :)

A big thanks to sjaak68 and all the stewards before him. :cheers: Although I haven't competed much lately I really have enjoyed the WRS. I got a mega-save loaded up but don't know if I will have much time this week. But I will try to at least get a clean lap done, even if it isn't a competitive time.

As for the future of the WRS, is it going to merge with the GTP registry racing, or will they be separate?

Just did a really conservative run to make sure it was clean:

T1: 16.645
T2: 45.136
T3: 1'06.560

Last edited:
First splits

1'01.308

I really like this combo, Sjaak. 👍 👍

I'm using 280 now but this lap was with 300, I think.

I was able to get about half an hour to try to improve. Using 280, but I think 290 or 300 might be better. I am loosing a lot of time going through the last tunnel. There is like a bump, or drop, just as you go into the tunnel and it upsets the car enough that I can't get any traction all the way through so I loose a lot of speed. I need to try a different line through there.

t1: 16.427
t2: 43.343
t3: 1'04.218

Week 184,what a number.

If only I had known sooner about this forum and the WRS (and other race series).... Let's see what next week will bring. I'll have to get the dust from GT5p as I haven't played it since I started the WRS. :ouch:

Leaderboard initiated.

:(GT4_WRS will be missed:( Sincere thanks to everyone who made WRS possible. Big thanks to race admins, and all the loyal WRS participants. MAYBE,...:rolleyes:.., I will able to join you guys at the GT5P_WRS when PS3 prices drop down below $50(Well, they would probably have PS4 by then:dopey:No hope:)).

EDIT: Terrific combo. FR with hard slicks. I wonder what the steering will feel like. When I get home, I am hoping to release the shackles on this car.

Last edited:
Lovely combo Sjaak, you'll be sorely missed in the GT4 WRS. 👍

T1: 14.786
T2: 41.215
T3: 1'01.343

I have had a lot of fun and ran many challenging races here. Some people I've met through the WRS have become great friends. I started with week 46 and competed in about 75 races... good times... I am embarrased to count the hours I have spent!!

It figures that I get back to racing just as the WRS moves to the PS3.... (sigh)
Oh well, maybe someone will give me a bag of money and I'll be able to get one!

Splits for the last GT4 WRS:

T1: 15.636
T2: 42.276
T3: 1' 02.811

Thanks to all who make this online community possible, it brightens my day!

Bryan

Wow! Challenging combo. There are particular places where you have increased traction due to road angle and elevation change.
I found a way to consistenty at the first S-corner and now have a clean lap. I ran pretty wide after the first tunnel and again in the 2nd tunnel. Hoping to shave off some more if time permits.

EDIT: 280 gearing

Last edited:
Seems weird that this will be the last WRS on GT4. Myself, have been running since week 112, and only missed 5 races in that time. :crazy:

Made some great friends, had a great time, and spent way too many hours chasing those tenths. :guilty:

My first session on this combo, 320 gearing, using only gears 3-5.

14.958 (Seen 14.6XX)
1:00.755

Have a LAN this weekend, so I'll need to try to get a submittable lap early. :scared:

Also, BOARD update.

And Sjaak, a very fitting combo for last GT4 WRS. Took me a few laps to get into rhythm, but it's great fun. :dopey:

Last edited:
I am also sad that big friend WRS is leaving for a higher goal. Reminds me of frog fish that loose their mates one by one not knowing they leave for something beautiful :) Hopefully we will not loose any friends in the transfer because of money issues :yuck:
I have always enjoyed contributing to this little race club and hope to continue to do so on the other platform. Luckily still withing GTP 👍

First splits:
1'03.299

No TCS and 280 gearing.

Updated the board with my own splits. Perfect division distribution this week!

Last edited:
The last GT4 WRS race:crazy:....it was nice and challenging racing with all of you guys...and welcome to the new WRS version on GT5P :D

Sjaak, Kevin, Steven, Marc, anyone

I just got my GT5P 3 days ago and i'm working on completing the game, i've only CLASS-A to go but don't have much cars yet to compete in the WRS, i haven't even got the Skyline and took the qualifier event:grumpy:

Any ideas???:dunce:

[being off-topic but just to help a friend out]
After finishing the A-class you're in for a surprise because then the S-class opens up :)
If it's credits you're after pick either a rewarding online-race with few contestants or an A-class event to load up credits. I had loads of fun getting enough credits to fill the garage and even I could get to all cars, so you can do that too Hai 👍

Either that or get an übersave after all :lol: Good luck!

[/on-topic]

[being off-topic but just to help a friend out]
After finishing the A-class you're in for a surprise because then the S-class opens up :)
If it's credits you're after pick either a rewarding online-race with few contestants or an A-class event to load up credits. I had loads of fun getting enough credits to fill the garage and even I could get to all cars, so you can do that too Hai 👍

Either that or get an übersave after all :lol: Good luck!

[/on-topic]

Steven thanks for the advice:dopey:, i did tried the A-1 several times for some cash last night:D,S-Class:crazy: can't wait to check it..As i told you i wont do the ubersave thing :sly:

Sjaak....Sorry for being off topic:dunce:

The last GT4 WRS race:crazy:....it was nice and challenging racing with all of you guys...and welcome to the new WRS version on GT5P :D

Sjaak, Kevin, Steven, Marc, anyone

I just got my GT5P 3 days ago and i'm working on completing the game, i've only CLASS-A to go but don't have much cars yet to compete in the WRS, i haven't even got the Skyline and took the qualifier event:grumpy:

Any ideas???:dunce:

I find the best way to earn money once you are through the first couple rounds of events is to just run some races online.

If you don't want to go that route, the high money event in the early rounds is the Integra R at Daytona. Once you get good at it, you can take first every time, and quickly. 👍

But it's been 6 months since I went through all of that, so my memory is a little foggy. Now I have the problem of needing to find ways to spend credits so I'm not maxed out all the time. :sly:

And like I mentioned to you before, save up for that DFGT wheel. ;)

And I would not consider this completely off topic, it's offering suggestions on continuing participation in this very series. Helping other racers is what WRS is all about. 👍

Back