GT4 WRS Week 21: "You Call This a Family Cup???"

  • Thread starter Thread starter CFM
  • 242 comments
  • 11,566 views
How about the world cup as well!

the only real world cup for football- ( the rugby union one, of course!)

Neil
 
Slowly coming down

33.674
26.623

The NFL isn't football?....well not anymore anyway.
 
For everyone worried about the car "wearing out"...ITS NOT THAT BIG A DEAL :rolleyes: ! My car has 4200 miles on it, only shows 1192 HP in the settings, 1148 HP in the replay. And I still beat hOt6o4's lap 1 T1, and missed his lap 2 T1 by about 0.25 (due to mistake)!!! And I'm not that good!!!

I'm not saying that it doesnt make any difference, I'm sure it makes some, I'm even tempted to get a new one to see if I can improve my times a little. But just a little. I guess my point is that it's better to spend 2 hrs on the track improving your driving than to waste 2 hrs trying to get a new car and just put up the same times.....
 
Thought I'd join you guys on the board.

33.240
26.872
 
Hm ... people aren't taking the middle two corners flat out, right?

First corner, yeah, no problem ... but I have to brake for the next two and ease off a little for the last. If I've got that wrong, I'm done for.
 
I'm doing the same thing you're doing Koly.
 
ballstothewall
How about the world cup as well!

the only real world cup for football- ( the rugby union one, of course!)

Neil


Amen to that! 👍



~~~~ Jase
 
VTRacing
I never thought I'd see such historical tidbits here at GTPlanet (unless they're from Famine). :)
That's right. I remember wonderful discussions I had with Famine on different interesting subjects such as 'the name of seas within the Mediterranean sea' or 'time discrepancies in GT3 replays due to framing rate', or 'the powers of 2 and their effect on the maximum speed one can reach in GT3...
You guys/gals are lucky that I'm not an english native speaker which often restrains me from giving my 2 cents. ;)

Kolyana
Can we throw Waterloo in there, too?
Far too recent in my opinion. Don't mention it, don't mention Trafalgar either and I won't say anything about food (I spent a few months in Chester, remember, and I had an overview of english cuisine) :D

ballstothewalls
the only real world cup for football- ( the rugby union one, of course!)
I like rugby and I don't care much who's winning. As long as they play well.
We (north hemispher countries) have no chance anyway against the big rugby countries (NZ, AUS and RSA).

Kolyana
Hm ... people aren't taking the middle two corners flat out, right?
I'm still braking too much IMO.
turn 1 : flat-out (between 350 and 375 km/h)
turn 2 : down to 4th at around 230 km/h
turns 3/4 : down to 3th at around 160 km/h
turn 5 : flat-out, up to 6th.
turn 6 : down to 4th at around 230 km/h

I'm pretty happy with the default settings.
I simply set maximum downforce, TCS at 5, rebound at 9 and lowered the car at 70mm.
I think I found the braking points too, I now need to improve my line to use the track width as much as I can.
The slow right/left at T1 should be OK in 4th gear all the way though.
 
Yup,

I'm taking it pretty much the same as Flat is, tho not sure of the speeds. I tend to drive by the seat of my pants, and not look at the dials unless i have a good lap/race and want to analyse the hell out of it's replay.

Gonna do some racing later today, goin to pick up a new foster-kid in about 10 mins (about 5hrs of travel) so it won't be till mid pm, but i am going to post some times!
This is the latest ever, before getting an unoficial position!

laters

Neil
 
flat-out
Your bruises look all superficial, nothing will be left within a couple of months.
A colleague of mine had a bike accident last summer. He was jumping from the street to the sidewalk at a relative high speed when the front wheel went loose : the only thing he could do was to crash on the concrete slab.
He stayed in the coma for 2 weeks, but now, one year later, he has no scar, no remaining pain or whatever. And he was looking really bad.

damn, that sucks dude. Well, I just keep thinking that it couldve been a lot worse, I barely escaped a broken neck and brain damage so I was extremely lucky to get off as well as I did.

kennythebomb
Well, I told all the girls I knew about my motorcycle incident where I grafted skin off my leg - so use it as a battle scar. Wear it proudly.

lol noted,
i'll give it a try. But I dont think girls will dig it whent it's all flakey and scabby. But some of it is peeling off already so it should be cleared up soonish.


Anyway, I dont thikn im gonna take part this week so good luck to everyone who is!
 
[offtopic]Hmmm, wasn't England's Rugby World Cup victory their first team sport World Championship since 1966? ;) [/offtopic]

Haven't raced yet, because of a new racing game that has me locked to my PC. Even though I love GT4 and the WRS, I think I will not have enough time to do decent laps in the near future.
 
Well im ready for throwing in the towel on this one, resorted to using a little bit of asm to help and got a few consistent laps in the bag, best splits so far:

33.808
26.893

Im sure there is some more in there somewhere but really had enough of this one already!

God only knows what it must have been like for the real people who actually had to drive this thing at 200+ mph down the Mulsanne, its fighting you all the way! Ive spent a couple of hours on the suspension and downforce and tamed it a bit at least but its not user friendly by any means.

I found it responds to some work on the LSD settings and with about half downforce but thats just for me. Found also that the shaking is virtually none existent with zero rear downforce which is fine until you get to any of the corners.....
 
Im starting to lose hope... havent been able to beat my PB, and trust me its embarassing...
Im gonna try but TSM on to 5 and try flat out's settings see what happens! :)



~~~~ Jase
 
humpf, very first session last night... 1 hour only...

15 minutes in practice and then to the race... first, i wish this was a hot lapper, because i had a 25´4xx T1 in practice... in a few time...

i just have to trust the car more in the real race, abuse him in the corners, i was getting killed by braking too much...

work first with TCS, rather simple to get 33´0 or even 32´8 in the first lap, but them in the second, 26´5, and in both laps a worst second section... so i decided to go with no TCS and LSD´s at 5.

much better, but, and there´s always a but, the start of the race is a little difficult... with TCS on, i pass all the cars just before 8 seconds on the clock, but with TCS off, it takes 14 seconds to get rid of them... anyway i decided to sacrifice my T1 of the first lap, to go with no TCS and have a better overall result.

T1: 33´510 :yuck:
T2: 26´360 :indiff:

overall time is still 2 seconds away from veil, so i´m not satisfied yet... if i´m lucky i still get 2 sessions before submitting, and i hope only to get to a new second barrier that i´m almost getting it

btw, i´m really depressed with my suspensions settings... nothing seems to work, so i´ll leave it stock... my tranny is tricked but is also 🤬 so i´ll get better setups to run...
 
jase86
Im starting to lose hope... havent been able to beat my PB, and trust me its embarassing...
Im gonna try but TSM on to 5 and try flat out's settings see what happens! :)



~~~~ Jase
That doesn't sound wise.
Default settings are usually much better than mine :lol:
 
hahah! fair enough! well ive decided to use the lethal super soft tires... and they do improve my section times by a lot!!
ive used them before but always kept stuffing up on the last corner on the last lap?? any suggestions??



~~~~ Jase
 
T1 - 33.244
Lap1 - best ever!!
T2 - 26.354
Lap2 - Best ever!!
Total time - .6 faster
Mistakes made - .2 in a skid after T2 :(
- lots and lost of time in last corner..
 
fasj6418
with TCS on, i pass all the cars just before 8 seconds on the clock, but with TCS off, it takes 14 seconds to get rid of them... anyway i decided to sacrifice my T1 of the first lap, to go with no TCS and have a better overall result.
I was having similar results trying to start without TCS but never imagined that I could 'catch up' during the race:boggled: ....I'll have to try that
 
Randymcchickenf
T1 - 3.244
Lap1 - best ever!!
T2 - 26.354
Lap2 - Best ever!!
Total time - .6 faster
Mistakes made - .2 in a skid after T2 :(

Randy, can you correct your 'T1' time so I can add it to the leaderboard?
 
Well, after another futile hour, brought my times down to:

T1 33.001
T2 26.617

Harumph...

-SHig
 
Kolyana
Randy, can you correct your 'T1' time so I can add it to the leaderboard?
Correct? i realy ran a 3 second first sector.... :dopey: lol kiddin, ok....done 👍
 
jase86
hahah! fair enough! well ive decided to use the lethal super soft tires... and they do improve my section times by a lot!!
ive used them before but always kept stuffing up on the last corner on the last lap?? any suggestions??
~~~~ Jase

I tried the super softs tires at first, but the race is half a mile too long. I switched to soft tires and improved my race time by a few seconds.

New splits : 34.788 (+0.3) / 27.937 (-0.1) (overall race : -0.3)
I keep on trying, but always on soft.
 
vtec_guy
Yea i'm ok, thanks man. Im not too concerned about my face at the moment, my neck is the worst thing, it limits a lot of movement for me. I might post a pic of my face an helmet in a link so anyone who doesnt want to see it wont need to click it. but for any of the people that like a bit of gore can cheakc it out lol. Its not too bad though.

EDIT:
Here's the pic of my face [PLEASE DO NOT CLICK IF YOU'RE AT ALL SQUEAMISH]:
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/153/messedupface7pl.jpg

Here's a pic of my battered up helmet, this isnt at all gory:
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/7130/bikehelmet6co.jpg

not very nice pics there vtec guy.
perhaps now you can get that plastic surgery you so badly needed, but approach the nhs instead???
only kidding with you. hope your ok.
x rack girl
 
:lol: So evil 'n yet one must laugh!
 
GT_Fan2005
:lol: So evil 'n yet one must laugh!


i knew it would make you laugh GT!!! hope it does VTEC too cos thats the intention!!!

more on topic. i'm actually using qualifier tyres for this track. is that the wrong thing to do? i honestly thought they were the fastest tyres to use. they just start to wear out near the end of the race......?? :scared:

cass
 
EXelero
not very nice pics there vtec guy.
perhaps now you can get that plastic surgery you so badly needed, but approach the nhs instead???
only kidding with you. hope your ok.
x rack girl

lol thanks EXelero,

Nice to know there's a rack looking down on me. lol, jokes.
but anyway, I got a new cycling helmet today!! So when my body stops being all faggy I can go and do it all again! yay!
 
vtec_guy
lol thanks EXelero,

Nice to know there's a rack looking down on me. lol, jokes.
but anyway, I got a new cycling helmet today!! So when my body stops being all faggy I can go and do it all again! yay!


looking down on you is right too, short a**e!!
your sense of humour is obviously still in tact!!!
 
lol yea.
Once I started to feel better I started to worry about wether my biek survived.....oh it survived alright, IT LANDED ON TOP OF ME!!!
 
EXelero
more on topic. i'm actually using qualifier tyres for this track. is that the wrong thing to do? i honestly thought they were the fastest tyres to use. they just start to wear out near the end of the race......?? :scared:

cass


Im using quals on the front and softs on the rear, i cant get the quali's to last two laps at the rear just end up sliding everywhere....
 
Randymcchickenf
Correct? i realy ran a 3 second first sector.... :dopey: lol kiddin, ok....done 👍

I know you're quick honey, but there's no mention of installing a Faster-than-Light drive in CFM's Post#1 so you better uninstall it :p
 
Back