GT4 WRS Week 46 : "Rotaries are back in town"

• Thread starter Tedehur
  • 125 comments
Like I said, it's holl01 and a 53.xxx laptime wouldn't surprise me, but I figured it was a typo for a 33.xxx split, which is still scary enough! :nervous:

I wouldn't put it past him to be in that laptime arena by Tuesday of next week though!

another 40 minutes worth

T1: 19.817
T2: 34.347 (:yuck: have seen 34.017, absolutely ballsed the hairpin, lost at least 0.3 through here, but still 0.5 seconds quicker overall)

still another 0.5-0.7 in it for me i reckon...

a high 33 T2 is definitely there for me to grab...

EDIT:

can't be bothered making a new post so i have some new splits after a 30 lap stint i took another 0.3 off of my final time

T1: 19.868
T2: 34.187

probably another 0.2 in it now for me, maybe 0.3 at a squeeze, anywayz enough from me now... :)

New track and ride for me 👍
One of the main reasons I joined up :) ... different aspects of the game 👍
Took two weeks off with the knee being out and am looking forward to getting some time this week :)

Took a short session, as per ususal... I'm lagging :banghead: :bowdown: :lol: ... took a few laps to get a feel for this set-up.... kept spinning it in the s's..... old man reflexes:censored: LOL

Just wanted to say thanks to Cyril for the huge undertaking with the last race :cool: :crazy: :D :bowdown: :cheers:

A lot tougher than it looks on the surface I've found.

I've struggled to get a good line into the first turn, and turn two still has me guessing.

Because the track is so short, a small mistake ruins the whole thing - but at least it's not too hard to run a bunch of laps.

Once I come to grips ( :rolleyes: ) with the car and nail the lines I'll be a lot happier.

A few answers :
  • I chose 350 hp for many reasons. First of all because the braking is rather poor so we'd better have a low top speed to keep the race challenging without being frustrating ; then because it makes it easier for the fast drifters to try and catch up the slow grippers ; finally because it's a round figure and I like round figures :D
  • any tyres means what it means : any tyres. From N1 to S3, and you can mix compounds. I thought drifters might be interested in N tyres, with something like N3 on the rear and S1 on the front.
  • Yeah, turn 1 is a PITA. It costs me half a second every time I manage to take it cleanly.

40 laps and i'm still behind everyone?! :( I think I lost some time around the first corner, i'll have to practice more!

Thirdeye
40 laps and i'm still behind everyone?! :( I think I lost some time around the first corner, i'll have to practice more!
Uh, if you're in D3, and you have a 34.xxx T2 as you posted, you're not really behind everyone, and you're pretty much FLYING for D3 if you ask me.

KLR142
Uh, if you're in D3, and you have a 34.xxx T2 as you posted, you're not really behind everyone, and you're pretty much FLYING for D3 if you ask me.
:D Thanks. I was hoping I could at least be ahead of someone, though. Oh well, hopefully my persistence will pay off, heh.

Got my first 1/2 hr. on this set up 👍
As been said earlier, quite a rythum track :)

T-1 20.872
T-2 36.xxx :ouch:

Been working on the opening corners. There is a bit more there in T-1, starting to get a feel for the car.

My T-2 time :yuck: , maybe haripin ? 2 seconds off ? :nervous: :ouch:
That and the long 180's always get me :( :dunce: LOL

Wondering how much the knee will take :scared: but I'm going stir crazy :dopey:

oldphart, I was confused for a second, cause those are the same times I am getting, heh. I thought I posted them without realizing it :)

Man, two in a row.. im not really interested on the face of it.. but i might get some time b4 the weekend.

@Cyril- Thanks for trying out the "less than full tune thing" I deserve a punch in the face if some people start cheating after the noise ive been making...

Empedocles99
Do most of the D1 people use a driving wheel? Do you get better times with it?

Personally I don't.

It all depends on the Combo with regards to if it gives 'better times' or not. For example, a tight twisty track, most likely the DS2 would be faster as it has the ability to go lock-to-lock in a split second. However, on cars and tracks that need precise steering and thottle control, the wheel may be faster.

Got some better times.
T1 - 19.830
T2 - 34.051

This is really the first combo that has appealed to me since I was promoted to D1. Need to put in a good showing, as this Arcade, Hotlap type of race might not come up again for a while.

Well here's my splits from my first session, It felt like a decent lap but according to others' splits...I got some work to do :crazy:

T1: 0'20.438
T2: 0'34.943
Fin: 0'5x.xx4

That's enough for tonight though 👍

another 15 min session last night, cut 0.8 off final time! Wooo!

going to have to practise that first corner, seem to be loosing alot there...

Got a quick session in this morning, as the knee seems to be better at the start of the day :)

20.382 ---- 35.711

Saw blue flashes on a better lap 👍 only to loose it all in the tunnel :ouch:
Hitting pretty consistant 20's, and know there is more to get in T-1

T-2 :grumpy: :yuck: While I did pick up some time, I'm still lagging:ill: LOL

Anyway, nice times being put up here 👍
the knee has had enough :(

Empedocles99
Do most of the D1 people use a driving wheel? Do you get better times with it?

I can chime in that I am under ALL situations faster using the DFP over the DS2 (except for maybe the silly Coffee Break license tests with the maze and the super-tight gymkhana course). It's not only the steering input that is more precise, but the throttle and brake application as well as the enhanced ability to left foot brake in a more controlled manner (with the gas floored). This DEFINITELY helped this last week at la Sarthe.

When first getting started on the wheel there is a tendency to dive too hard into a corner and feel like you need to really crank the steering around more than 180 degrees, however with time and training it becomes pretty clear under most circumstances that you can get away with less if you brake correctly prior to the corner. Also, lock to lock quickness may feel compromised, but again, style adjustment is necessary.

My $0.02.

-SHig

SHigSpeed
I can chime in that I am under ALL situations faster using the DFP over the DS2 (except for maybe the silly Coffee Break license tests with the maze and the super-tight gymkhana course). It's not only the steering input that is more precise, but the throttle and brake application as well as the enhanced ability to left foot brake in a more controlled manner (with the gas floored). This DEFINITELY helped this last week at la Sarthe.

When first getting started on the wheel there is a tendency to dive too hard into a corner and feel like you need to really crank the steering around more than 180 degrees, however with time and training it becomes pretty clear under most circumstances that you can get away with less if you brake correctly prior to the corner. Also, lock to lock quickness may feel compromised, but again, style adjustment is necessary.

My $0.02.

-SHig

Well said, mate!

Overall I am way faster, more consistant, smoother, and happier using the DFP.
The only times I am not is on a rally combo (which I abstain from), and on really 'drifty' combo's like this one or the Yellowbird combo a few weeks back (which I give a go at, but ultimately abstain from too)

But then I have never really liked that type of racing anyway.

So I am un-doubtedly biassed.

Last fortnight's effort bares that out, with combo's where the car and track are well suited to each other and it needs to be 'driven' not 'slithered' round, I am better.

But, Hey!

That's just me!

And I don't think I will be participating this week

But you never know?

Neil

Neil,

I'm with you, this week doesn't seem like nearly as much fun as last. BUT, I'll still give it a shot and submit a time. Have only missed ONE GT4 WRS submission to date and don't feel like missing another!

True the Yellowbird was "drifty" but it was challenging none-the-less. Rallye on the other hand, is no fun for me either! I'll submit, but I'll such! :^)

-SHig

Had my first quick go.....not much time to play lately. :indiff:

T1: 19.815
T2: 34.032
:ouch:

Finished rather quick, so it's a pretty good lap, but had a few laps that I couldn't get squeeky clean in the 19.770 and 33.820 range.:crazy: Hope to take another crack at it b4 deadline anyway.

MS

Another session, another few tenths, I'm almost fighting for hundredths already though :crazy: we ought to get some close times at the end of this one:

T1: 0'20.178
T2: 0'34.654
Fin: 0'5x.xx0

Laters

had a belter of a final sector and pulled another tenth off of my final time, yet both my T times are slower...

T time (target)
T1: 20.037 (19.8)
T2: 34.240 (34.0)

With all respect to those who do...I really don't like this combo. Push and snap oversteer have always been used to describe an ill-handling-wreck-looking-for-a-place-to-happen! Alas my times aren't too far off the rest of you lot: T1 '20.994 T2 '36.049 and that after only about fifteen laps or so.

I had my first go at it today. It's been awhile since I've driven but I think it's coming back to me.

T1: 0:20.565
T2: 0:35.173

I won't be able to put much effort this week. I have big plans this weekend. :D

WELLLLL!!!

I thought I wouldn't like this one... And I didn't so much on DS2, but on the wheel it's loads of fun and challenging to finesse this thing and maintain momentum.

Ran a 19.951 and 34.432 and felt pretty good about it.... UNTIL I realized that I hadn't handicapped myself the 13% power though I didn't reduce the weight either...

Bleh, so I ran some more and was much slower to my dismay...

BUT, I put in about a half an hour more and got:

T1 19.987
T2 34.091 :^)

Pretty happy with where I am for now. Hopefully I can trim down that T2 into the 33's and manage to not scrub too much speed in the last turn.

-SHig

Latest Posts

Back