GT4P Lap Times

• Thread starter Supersonic
  • 61 comments
Originally posted by live4speed
It's same speed on both versions, from what I can see it's because Flinx has Citta down to a tee, he's got a 1'49 at citta in the Spoon Fit.
hold on, it´s a 3´49.:);)

Well, my 1st attempt at Citta with the Mclaren was a 1:24.436, not great. 2nd attept was much better at 1:20.921, screwed up a bunch, but that is very easy to do on this track with a fast car :)
I am using the DS2 right now, AT, Driving Aids are off whatever they do anyway, but traction control is on, I haven't tried it with it off yet.
-Colin

Originally posted by Flinx
i have the chinese one but i´m pretty sure that they are equal except for the screens.
normally you have diferences between the different regions.
NTSC/jp and NTSC/us differ from each other and also the euro/oz/pal version is slightly different from those two.
at least that was for GT, GT 2 and GT 3, i know that for sure since i have all the different versions from all of them.

maybe Arwin can help us since he has both japanese and chinese version of GT 4 P.

Flinx is just scary fast. :lol: However, there are still differences - not in the speed of driving, but Lesson 30 is setup with different times. With the Japanese version I couldn't get a time within even a minute of the Chinese version, I think a 2'28 was my best time. Then I tried the Japanese version and eventually managed a 1'30. Then it became clear that in the Chinese version Gold is setup for 1'38, whereas in the Japanese version Gold is setup for 2'38. The starting difference for both cars is also different, so that with both versions you can still get gold. But we had some confusion about this in the licence database at db.granturismo.de initially, and thought there was a bug in the Chinese version. It's not necessarily a bug however, just a difference. It's also the only difference I've noticed so far (apart from the language and the sexy Japanese voice ;) ).

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by GT-one TS020
A question!
How does the McLaren sounds?
Can you compare it to any sounds from other GT games?
(Dont own GT4P)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Race Idiot
It sounds exactly like a GT-One or R390. Which is a bit of a dissapointment.
I don't find that to be true. After doing the 10 lapper license test, I found that there is a net distinction in sound between the R390, the GT-One, and the McLaren FINA GTR. ( I watched my replay when I was done, and I was switching between cars to hear the engine noise, and they are all very different )

This of course is my opinion, and is based on the quality of hearing I have... which could be ****ty due to number of hours of listening to hard loud music on my headphones :lol:

Hmm, and I did a 1'25 something on Citta di Aria with the Race Version NSX ( always forget the name ) <-- Let me double check this first, but I know I was easily in the 1'20s

Hehe,
good find.
That is a very fast time btw.
My best with a McLaren on Cita di Aria is a 1.19.687

For those who want to compete:
Stage:Fuji Speedway
Car:Woodone Tom's Supra
Licence number.38
My begining time:1:22:989:)

Attachments

• supra.jpg
    supra.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 40
Supersonic
Looks like we are all very close at Fiji.. :)

Heres my best times so far on the other tracks

New York - Mclaren - 1.25.086

Grand Canyon - Impreza Rally - 2.23.906

Citta Di Aria - Mclaren - 1.24.553

I look forward to seing your times.. Thanks.

Citta lap time for us right now is 1:22 and some change .. will have to check when I'm home tonight.

I'm keen on starting a lap time site for GT4/GT4 Prologue ...

anybody keen ?

bain

Flinx
found some time for some sight seeing tour in Assisi (Citta di Aria)

BMW McLaren
1´24.762
1´19.998
2´44.760

replay available, if wanted that is! :D

Anywhere I can grab this reply .. I would LOVE to see how this is done ..

details ?

Bain

bain
Anywhere I can grab this reply .. I would LOVE to see how this is done ..

details ?

Bain
what´s your prologue version?
PAL / NTSC CHN or korean?
these are the three versions i can support.
and if you don´t mind, i´d do some new run in the version you can watch the replay, that is an awful old time from way back in january or so.;)

I've managed to do a 1.05.195 with the S2000 in Tsukuba. In my opinion anything below 1.05.700 in the S2K is great in this circuit.

I use a Logitech DF (not pro) and the game settings were hard, Pro, No TCS, No steering assists, on normal tyres and Manual gear shifting (of course). Anyway, I'm posting some other times for Tsukuba track on other cars (same game settings). Please post yours too!

Nissan 350Z: 1.04.479 (usually mid .04's are easily accomplished)
Mitsubishi EVO VIII MR: 1.04.461 (I find very hard to do anything below 1.04.800, don’t know why…)
Subaru Impreza WRX Sti: 1.05.836 (Haven’t tried too much, but I think it’s no way faster than EVO)
Mazda RX-8: 1.04.632 (Great car, usually high .04’s are great lap times)
Mazda RX-7: 1.02.957 (Easily do low .03’s, I’m surprised how this car handles…)
Lotus Elise 190 Sport: 1.03.996 (I usually do low .04’s in the Elise)
Honda NSX Type-S: 1.02.642 (High .02’s is not very difficult)
Mercedes SL55 AMG: 1.00.681 (Haven’t tried that much, I think that flat .00’s is not too difficult)
Honda S2000: 1.05.195 (My best time yet. It might help that I drive one in real life! :) )

I’ll post other cars / tracks lap times soon.

JAGUAR
Use the sim tires. Normal tires are arcade tires.

What does it matter?

If you're comparing times then as long as you use the same tyres then the times are comparable?!

And out of curiousity... which numbnuts would attempt to race competitively on "Street" tyres on a circuit?! I for one would have put racing slicks on so that I can maximise grip...

C.

JAGUAR
Because when you are racing stock road cars, they will have stock 'sim' tires, as at a track day.

I used the normal tyres, cause are the games default. I'll get some laps in road tyres soon.

I just don't get exactly all the tyre types of game... I mean "road tyres" represent stock tyres, "sport tyres" represent semi-slick or what? And "normal tyres" represent what?

'Normal Tires' are arcade tires with lots of grip, for gamers who are new to the game and find 'Sim Tires' too difficult.

'Sim Tires' are stock road tires. They are much harder to use with realistic breaking, traction etc.

Sports tires are high performance road tires, and race tires are quite obviously slick race tires.

yeti
And out of curiousity... which numbnuts would attempt to race competitively on "Street" tyres on a circuit?! I for one would have put racing slicks on so that I can maximise grip...
i for one think driving street tires requires more skill than using sport or even "normal" tires.
and if you like to see some lap times, take a look here.

Flinx
i for one think driving street tires requires more skill than using sport or even "normal" tires.
and if you like to see some lap times, take a look here.

Without a doubt it takes more skill on road tyres, but your link doesn't go to the right place I think, it goes to the main screen.

btw @Flinx :bowdown: :bowdown: ...in case you don't know who he is...he is uber Fast, and thats all you need to know!

but Flinx, I can't resist, have you seen this :D
LeaderBoard

I'm sure it won't take you long to fix it! ;)

Back