GT5 and my wallet. Friends?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Captain Roh
  • 48 comments
  • 3,849 views
Game = 65.00$ after tax
logitech g25 = 250$
cockpit and/or materials for custom cockpit = 200$
sim boots and or racing socks = 30$
auto or motocross gloves = 15$-50$
Handbrake with upgraded handle = 45$
Shift knob = 20$
total = 660$

possible stuff
hdtv = 600$
steering wheel mod and wheel = 200$
total = 800$
combined total = !,460$
Not bad HA
 
Last edited:
GT5 time sweetener presents are on top of the normal base level spend required for an easy life :sly:

Fair point :dopey:

Also;

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=115870

Fifth wind says that reunion will happen in two forms, one greater than other and birdtamers will have freedom to decide which reunion they will attend. Greater reunion will ask for great sacrifice to be made in order to get all present and future treasures without new sacrifices needed, while smaller reunion will come in form already known, asking for more sacrifices if future treasures catches the eyes of the birdtamers.

In my eyes, that has always pointed towards two versions of the game, and a confimation of DLC. The premium version gives the possibility of free DLC like you get with prologue. The standard copy of the game with have no such extras.

Though if you consider, this is Sony, so i bet all DLC for the full game will be charged for regardless of what copy of own. At least outside Japan that much will be true.

So don't worry about DLC too much if you plan on getting the Premium/Limited Edition/Collectors/etc. copy of the game
 
Fair point :dopey:

Also;

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=115870



In my eyes, that has always pointed towards two versions of the game, and a confimation of DLC. The premium version gives the possibility of free DLC like you get with prologue. The standard copy of the game with have no such extras.

Though if you consider, this is Sony, so i bet all DLC for the full game will be charged for regardless of what copy of own. At least outside Japan that much will be true.

So don't worry about DLC too much if you plan on getting the Premium/Limited Edition/Collectors/etc. copy of the game
Yes it is SONY, so why would they charge extra for nothing? They're not microsoft.
 
I feel your pain.

HDTV, PS3, GT5, Wheel (Hopefully G27 or Turbo S, most likely a DFGT in the end though). I would need a seat and a table, or just a homemade cockpit to put it in. Then i would need somewhere to put said cockpit, which will probably involve clearing out the garage. I don't have a car so i would need to ask a family member to hire a van to help me clear the stuff out.

But the garage is too cold, so some wall insulation and some heating etc. wouldn't go a miss.

Then i would need an ethernet cable to go to my garage for online racing, and a phone line (and a new phone) for good measure as i won't be in the house and won't be able to hear calls, and calls from mobiles are expensive. Or for best results, get a completely seperate connection to the house so other people don't steal my bandwidth while i'm in important races.

I would be spending so much time in the garage due to this, that i would need to move my bed down here, and an en-suite bathroom would need to be installed. This has advantages not-related to GT5, i.e. not having to share room with brother that makes it impossible for girlfriend to stay the night :sly:

I havn't priced it up yet, but this is going to burn a big whole in my already empty pocket.

Or i could just buy the game, play it on my brothers ps3 on an SDTV and use a Dualshock 3. Either way is good.

I loled! :D btw. true, true... :nervous:
 
If you buy the console when gt 5 is released you may save some money.
 
I'm sorry, I'm not going to call DLC confirmed until the words come from Kaz's/PD's mouth's. Some more than likely mis-quoted mis-interpreted un-knowing car builder and journalist from Oregon does not equal confirmed by Sony, I'm sorry if you guys think otherwise.
 
Cool,This is my caluctions

Gran Turismo 5:$59.99(US)
Gran Turismo 5:Litmed Editon:$79.99(US)

DLC
Car Packs(5 Cars):$3
Car Packs(10 Cars):$5
Track Packs(2 Tracks):$3
Track Packs(5 Tracks):$6
NASCAR/INDY/WRC/SUPERGT Livery Packs(5 Liverys):$1
NASCAR/INDY/WRC/SUPERGT Livery Packs(10 Liverys):$3
 
Sub Question here:is a G25 + wheelstand thing cheaper than one of those ready made ones?

Anyway,

like 500 Aud on a steering wheel and whatnot
GT5 special edition 130 Aud (AUD is australia dollar btw)
i have a 50 inch in the living room and 26 in my room, so i'm set there

But in General, i reckon it's at least going to make at least 600 million USD
 
Fair point :dopey:

A wise man once said, “A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.” :)

Also;

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=115870

In my eyes, that has always pointed towards two versions of the game, and a confimation of DLC. The premium version gives the possibility of free DLC like you get with prologue. The standard copy of the game with have no such extras.

Though if you consider, this is Sony, so i bet all DLC for the full game will be charged for regardless of what copy of own. At least outside Japan that much will be true.

So don't worry about DLC too much if you plan on getting the Premium/Limited Edition/Collectors/etc. copy of the game

That’s what I’ve based my assumptions on too. Although that was posted quite a while ago I still think it is very likely there will be a special edition and that it will include future DLC. HMV has an exclusive special edition of Heavy Rain with the following DLC, which at least shows Sony can include additional DLC for a premium edition.

In-pack Voucher To Download The Following Digital Content:
Heavy Rain Dynamic Theme
Heavy Rain Official Soundtrack (7 tracks, containing the main orchestral themes, recorded at Abbey Road Studios)
Episode 1 of the Heavy Rain Chronicles - The 'Taxidermist' scene


If they do use future free DLC as a selling point for a special edition then they would probably have to indicate what and how much this would be. Of course we will have to wait and see what happens with any special editions and DLC.
 
If they do use future free DLC as a selling point for a special edition then they would probably have to indicate what and how much this would be. Of course we will have to wait and see what happens with any special editions and DLC.

I think i'm not alone in saying I intend on buying the premium version regardless. Free DLC would just be a bonus :) Though we have no idea how much content, if any, will be available as DLC. We also have no idea how much it will be either, all we can do is guess.
 
Confirmed DLC? Eh, where?
Premium PSN? Erm where? If that were ever to happen and they wanted £10 a month i'd tell them where to shove the PS3
Steering wheel and new TV are not "sony cash cows" since sony dont sell steering wheels and sonys HDTVs arent the most popular. (If you ask 20 friends what brand of TV they own im guessing sony wold be maybe third or forth)

As for GTTV....Not something i've ever done. Don't see why I should pay to watch top gear when we have a TV channel that plays it all the time, as for the other programs on GTTV, not fussed about them

The main thing we have to get our wallets empty is the cost of GT5...the basic version will prob end up just under £40 from the good retailers like shopto.net but the premium version/limited edition will be more like £60 from the good retailers and 80 from the likes of "GAME"
 
I think i'm not alone in saying I intend on buying the premium version regardless. Free DLC would just be a bonus :) Though we have no idea how much content, if any, will be available as DLC. We also have no idea how much it will be either, all we can do is guess.

I'll definitely be getting a premium edition regardless of its content. I usually just get standard editions of games but I'm looking forward to GT5 too much not to splash out although I might have to draw that line at a £100+ super edition like the MW2 night vision googles version!

DLC, as with everthing else, isn't confirmed but Amar's winds thread (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=115870) and this (https://www.gtplanet.net/2009-gt-award-winning-mustang-before-during-after/) news article certainly hint at it.

PSN Premium (http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/12/29/sony-considering-subscription-service-for-games/)
 
Personally I want to be able to play this in the best ways possible...
Im not a rich or a well off guy but the expectancy of the game has become a compulsion of mine and the length of time its taking allowing my plans for how to enjoy the game having expanded several times. It has now reached a point Ive spent quite a bit of money on hardware but want to have a self made d.i.y cockpit thats similar but beyond a Rennsport yet made to a quality of finish,comfort and style like "chillicoke" has achieved in his, (hence a $1000 seat being purchased).

Over the last year Ive obtained two additional PS3 consoles so was delighted that triplescreen mode was confirmed and as I already enjoy FM3 this way, know it will be worth it.
I hope although multiple copies of the game will need to be purchased that any actual DLC content will not unlike X360 need to be purchased individually for each screen/console as that sucks.

Not sure how this stacks up to some others but its got a bit out of control for me and I wouldnt class myself as a GT freak but just someone that wants to experience the game in a great way as Im a bit of a techy kinda person and want something in place that will allow all racing games to be enjoyed thoroughly.

Already Purchased:
3x PS3
1x PS3 Eye
1x Turbo S / 1x GT3RS / 1x DF GT / 1x Clubsport Pedals (G25 purchased 2 years ago for GT5P)
3x 24" Monitors
1x Cobra Sebring Pro bucket seat
1x Game Pod Racing Frame
1x Buttkicker BKA 300 (new model)
1x Assortment of car parts (online auction) for d.i.y cockpit build

Still to Purchase:
Multiple copies of the game
Additional metal/wood/plastic parts required for the d.i.y cockpit.

Having seen Avatar in 3D and being impressed Im now getting the 3D bug as well and as my HDTV is 5 years old I may consider a 3D 50" plasma from Panasonic this year. Part of the 3D purchase is fuelled mainly because of GT.

Are their many others as eager or maybe crazy is the right word to use?
 
Last edited:
@ Mr Latte:
You win :)
I think you definitely qualify as a GT freak but that's something to be proud of...I know I'm jealous!
The question is would you be prepared to get 3 separate 3D TV's??
 
Its a bit different than some here.
If I were a GT freak can you explain why I never bought a PS2 until GT4 and although importing a USA console and copy of the game for it at the time (for the 1080i mode) I wouldnt of played it more than 50 hours. GT5P I enjoyed and played it quite a bit which fuelled my want for G25 and GT3RS.

I make the purchases as I want to experience whatever it is by what they offer or add to the experience. Its more tech related and satisfaction from what it offers than actually it being just the love for the game. Actually havnt even played a great deal of FM3 as im limited in freetime with family and business commitments but I sure do love it in multiscreen with the buttkicker/Turbo S combo.
The d.i.y sim aspect comes from a love as a kid and a fasicination of arcades like Outrun and Ridge Racer etc.

I suppose for me I could say its like a guy that buys a nice car, appreciates what it offers and enjoys it but doesnt actually drive that many miles.

Ive looked into the option of 3x24" 120Hz monitors but:
A) GT5 is not confirmed to work with 3D over 3x screens/3x systems
B) Its unlikely most "monitors" will have HDMI 1.4 and the 3D hardware/feature PS3 will require and if something like "SENSIO" have arranged to include in many brands of 3DTVs
 
Last edited:
Its a bit different than some here.
If I were a GT freak can you explain why I never bought a PS2 until GT4 and although importing a USA console and copy of the game for it at the time (for the 1080i mode) I wouldnt of played it more than 50 hours. GT5P I enjoyed and played it quite a bit which fuelled my want for G25 and GT3RS.

I make the purchases as I want to experience whatever it is by what they offer or add to the experience. Its more tech related and satisfaction from what it offers than actually it being just the love for the game. Actually havnt even played a great deal of FM3 as im limited in freetime with family and business commitments but I sure do love it in multiscreen with the buttkicker/Turbo S combo.
The d.i.y sim aspect comes from a love as a kid and a fasicination of arcades like Outrun and Ridge Racer etc.

I suppose for me I could say its like a guy that buys a nice car, appreciates what it offers and enjoys it but doesnt actually drive that many miles.

Ive looked into the option of 3x24" 120Hz monitors but:
A) GT5 is not confirmed to work with 3D over 3x screens/3x systems
B) Its unlikely most "monitors" will have HDMI 1.4 and the 3D hardware/feature PS3 will require and if something like "SENSIO" have arranged to include in many brands of 3DTVs

I wasn't trying to be critical, I'm genuinely impressed with your set up and appreciate it as a fellow techhead.
Who knows if GT5 will support multiple 3D screens, there may also be issues getting shutter glasses to sync with 3 screens?
 
I appreciate you are genuine and at the same time I want to be clear although I have a passion for this Im not a GT nutcase or fanboy.

Yes regards the 3D glasses.
Photos Ive seen that Sony have demonstrated 3D with PS3 using a USB attached external transmitter that the glasses must snyc to.
Id assume a cable will also go from this unit to the TV itself as many 3D tvs use such a connection to allow 3D glasses to snyc with the screen.

Compatibility of 3D over more than one screen is unlikely but not impossible.
 
Last edited:
I appreciate you are genuine and at the same time I want to be clear although I have a passion for this Im not a GT nutcase or fanboy.

Yes regards the 3D glasses.
Photos Ive seen that Sony have demonstrated 3D with PS3 using a USB attached external transmitter that the glasses must snyc to.
Id assume a cable will also go from this unit to the TV itself as many 3D tvs use such a connection to allow 3D glasses to snyc with the screen.

Compatibility of 3D over more than one screen is unlikely but not impossible.

I'm not sure you'd get much from 3 3d screens to be honest. Generally there'd only be one eye looking at each of the side screens and that means you'd only get single vision from it anyway. What'd prolly work just as well is if you could have a 3d screen with two 2d side screens.
 
I'm not sure you'd get much from 3 3d screens to be honest. Generally there'd only be one eye looking at each of the side screens and that means you'd only get single vision from it anyway. What'd prolly work just as well is if you could have a 3d screen with two 2d side screens.

Yes you focus and concentrate on one screen at a time when playing but a 3 screen setup is all within your peripheral vision. You can see everything thats goin on with each screen. Yes you can glance to one screen at times to focus more on a single thing but you can see all screens when playing.

A single 3D screen and 2 standard wouldnt work right for various reasons.
However a single large 3D screen and the headtracking feature would be great as well.
 
Back