GT5 Appreciation Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter BlackIce90
  • 38 comments
  • 2,255 views
Thank you PD for so many standard cars :) Without them or only 400-500 premium cars game would be boring :) And all of them have premium physic model. How cool is that ? :>

Today i was having a blast in Galant GTO :)
 
We all know that GT5 has many flaws but it really does have some really magic moments too.

Spending a lot of time making sure I test drive every car in my garage I have found some dogs, the odd bag of nails and some incredibly surprising gems too. I love that each car has its own character on the track - beautifully modelled physics indeed.
 
I think people should be very happy with this game. So many other games are just sold and that's it. With GT5 we are enjoying a huge level of support and extra features.
Go play another game then tell me how much support it gets. There are only a handful that actually enrich the game over time. Most DLC for games is a total scam as it is already done and is just held off from being printed on the disc so they can charge extra. Whats worse sometimes its already on the disc and you are only buying a key to unlock it.

After the last few years of games I have been playing GT5 is a godsend!

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, online broken.
Transformers: War for cybertron, online broken, two DLC packs sold after release that were designed before release.
Worms 2, broken
Wipeout HD online massively broken, no support or any attempt to fix the fact that you can cut most the track out of the track. You can turn a track that normally takes 2 and half minutes to lap into 20 second laps.
Alien vs Predator, Pitiful single player, Horribly broken and glitched online. Console support withdrawn in the first six months even though they continued to release 2 DLC's and released further patches for the PC.

GT5 is the least broken game I've played since Resistance: Fall of man. I was starting to give up on the whole video game scene, so "big ups" to GT5!👍
 
This is a video game, a driving game or simulation, consisting of some cleverly put together code, but only that.

Yet, it somehow manages to give the cars in this game CHARACTER. That is an astonishing achievement on PD's side there. Even in real life, some car makers manage to not give a car any character at all (most VW, Hyundai,... don't get me started...;).

So, how has PD done that? Playing Forza 3 with a 360 Wheel a while back was fun, the cars handled sufficiently different, but it failed to send the cars' character through the wheel. Playing GT5, with my Fanatec OR with a gamepad, I somehow feel how the cars communicate their different traits over to me and, like in real life, I LOVE THAT :)

...and don't tell me it's all down to Force Feedback!

This sums up pretty much what I love most about this game.
I've been a long haul truck driver for many years, I've driven over 2.4 million real life km's and I just love to get behind my G25 every now and then to take the many beautiful cars out for a virtual spin. Is it the same as in real life? No. But there is no game I've played up to date that comes so close to delivering the same kind of joy.
Combined with the online racing and challenges that I take part in (mostly with my GTHQ friends), this game has given me a whole new hobby: sim-driving the cars that IRL I can only dream of.
And even better: taking them to the limit without the many costly repairs that would have been necessary due to me spinning out and crashing into barriers at 'way too high velocities'.

So, does this game have flaws (or rather, points on which they can still improve)? Yes.
But all in all, for me this is a great game and the best driving/racing sim to date. (Now if only they can put the head tracking in A-spec and online as well :))
 
I appreciate a few things:

That the game is actually out
Trial mountain
The fun I have online
 
Anyone find it funny this thread is only two pages long whereas the "Disappointed with GT5" has over 1500 replies already?

But no, the explanation is probably that the 'whiners' are just negative and GT5 is too good of a game for them to appreciate anyway no?
 
I appreciate the time and weather change feature of the applicable endurance races. This was something a lot of us wished for and PD came through on.
 
Anyone find it funny this thread is only two pages long whereas the "Disappointed with GT5" has over 1500 replies already?

I think that can be answered quite easily. People who enjoy a game tend to be playing the game rather then talking about it. People who have got all bent out of shape put the game down and vent their frustrations in online forums.

Even if all 1500 replies were from different people (which they arn't) they are still far to small a number to warrant any significance. For example they sold 2.4 million copies in 4 days so you gotta figure that millions and millions of people are happy with the product or else they would be venting their frustrations as well.
 
I have to agree with one of the examples in the first post - the steering wheel response & feedback feels excellent. I am addicted to this "feel" and yearn to get back home from work for more G25 driving.
 
Back